Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Upgrade 5.9 Beta 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 21:20
Does other plugins work correct with 5.9 Beta 3?
For example , Cloth and particles had many problems in my computer when I used 5.8 Upgrade and I went back to 5.7.

Or Does allready Cloth and Particles working correct with 5.9 beta 2?

Does EzRotate v3 work correct? (I didn't purchased yet.) ****
Does Cloths and Particles will work correct?
Does NGC Physics V4 when it will be out in the future , will work correct? (I am waiting for the next version....)
Does Other Enhancements Packs will work correct? ****

There are another more plugins as:

Csm importer? ****

DarkBasic Flash Gui Plugin Professional? ****
DarkBasic Flash Plugin Professional? ****
DarkBasic Advance Animation Plugin? ****

All of them, will they work correct in the future final DarkBasic Pro
Upgrade?

Beta3, Beta4, Beta5, Version 6. I don't know what version will be?

I am planning to buy all of them plugins and I want to work all of them correct with the most newest final DarkBasic Pro Upgrade.

-------------------------------------
**** I didn't purchased yet because I am waiting the final stable
and most compatible version itself with the last and newest upgrade of the compiler. (DBP).
-------------------------------------

Thank you very much.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 23:26
Quote: "Does NGC Physics V4 when it will be out in the future , will work correct? (I am waiting for the next version....)"

DBP hasn't changed as far as NGC is concerned. It only uses memblock mesh info which hasn't changed.

Quote: "Csm importer? ****"

The csm importer does not work (some levels do and some don't) with any version of 5.9 until APEX updates it.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 00:08
Quote: "Or Does allready Cloth and Particles working correct with 5.9 beta 2?"

Looking good to me, both cloth and particles.

Kenjar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 02:13
The 5.9 beta 2 update prevents DarkBASIC Pro from playing AVI video's. I wasted about three hours trying to get:

To work before I remembered I had the BETA 2 installed. The free_animation and free_music are both functions btw.

Anyway, I installed the 5.8 patch again and it worked with no problems.

Run before you can walk, always raise the stakes higher, always keep moving, because you never know who's catching up.
Etienne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 03:44
here it asks for terrain files (again) , and doesn't compile on some projects .

Garage Creator
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 10:58
Kenjar - its quite correct. I'll put it in a seperate thread.

Etienne - what projects doesn't it compile, and what errors does it come up with. If it just complains about the terrain, then you know what do to about it.

Come to the third DarkBasic Pro Sci Fi Con - Be there and be square
Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 15:07
Quote: "Does EzRotate v3 work correct? (I didn't purchased yet.) ****"

EZrotate will work fine.
FYI, I will be releasing v4 soon. I plan to add some commands to work directly with your objects/cameras in addition to the set and get style commands.

Regards,
Ron

EZrotate!
TextureMax!
EZactor!
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 20:59
how come the V3 isnt in my order history status thing??

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 21:37
It's still the same entry, but when you click download, you get V3

Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 22:27
dang.... i coulda known that earlier... thnx!!

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
Etienne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 04:37
have directx 9.0C redist , dbpro and newton plugin

none of the old demos compile here with me , they makes programs that auto quits ... any chance we may have a debug month ?

Garage Creator
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 09:28
What old demos ?

All the original ones compile and run fine, as do all the 5.8 example ones.

Come to the third DarkBasic Pro Sci Fi Con - Be there and be square
Blog:http://spaces.msn.com/members/BouncyBrick/
Web Site:http://www.nicholaskingsley.co.uk
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 10:28
For the record, I have a 5,000+ line program, mainly 2D, small amount of 3D plains, particles, cloth, file blocks from enhancements, memblocks, sprites, images, bitmaps, transparency, mouse and keyboard input, file reading and writing...and it all works fine.

Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 11:31
Etienne - please provide more information about the problems you have encountered. Can you run any of the demos provided with DB Pro? Do the errors only happen when running one of your own programs? Are you using any expansion packs? Are you using DBO models? Can you provide any small code example that demonstrates a crash on your system?
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 12:09 Edited at: 11th Oct 2005 14:50
There is a major program flow problem which I am trying to find in 5.9 vs 5.8. I can't get the lines to stay highlighted in the debugger though. I'll post more (with small example) when I find it. It may be just something that has changed in the way DBP works. I tried several times though and it works in 5.8 but not 5.9b2. It just seemingly jumps to the beginning of an include file

[edit] Does anyone know how to get the executed lines to stay highlighted in the debugger like it used to? I could find this problem in 2 mins with it.

[edit2] My code got a pretty good speed increase just from using 5.9 I have narrowed the error down to sprite collision routines in my code I believe. I still can't hardly tell what line number is being executed when though. I'll try and find it before I go to bed.

[edit3] I have eliminated it to this while loop.

And all other places I use this loop in my code. I however cannot get this to fault in any small code. My code is 3000 lines and uses NGC and the csm importer, so I don't think you want the whole thing

What seems to be happening is that it is gettin stuck in the loop. I cannot get the debugger to work with my code either. When running in step through and debug mode it runs code that is commented out in places

[edit4] Finally found. See bug report while loop/ sound playing()

Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 16:52 Edited at: 11th Oct 2005 16:53
ok i'm satisfied with u59b2 coz' my ~3'000 line game with newton physics, 3d sounds, fx shaders etc. compiles perfectly and runs smoothly. I had problems only with INPUT command because it seemed that it did not accept any keyboard presses, but it wasnt a problem to me, so I just used AA TEXT DLL and created my own input routine that is 100 times better thatn the original one , happy end....

see ya' later
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 17:07
The gile[s] importer is going to be free right? Any progress on that? I'm annoyed that I cant get my lightmapped levels to load...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:34:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:34:31