Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Super Ballz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, the name is..umm..how should i put this?...A lil' misgiving! This game is my first creation in Dark Basic and Pro, and needs major improvements.

Current Bugs: Object Collision is down. Was working in DBLite..

(I'm still waiting for my DB Pro to arrive in mail, so thats why it has the demo logo on it )
~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET.
I know HTML, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, VBScript, Visual Basic, C/C++, QBasic, YaBasic, and now Dark Basic/Pro...
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
If anybody knows how to do some object collision in Pro, heh, I would greatly appriciate any insight.

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET.
I know HTML, PHP, Perl, JavaScript, VBScript, Visual Basic, C/C++, QBasic, YaBasic, and now Dark Basic/Pro...
astranominoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 04:49
well I find your game to be quite basic as you said in your post and it, yes, needs major improvements but I see the light at the end of the tunnel for you and this will become, im sure, a wonderful game!

overall rating: 8

just because I have no clue how to program in DarkB

from Astranominoff

Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2003 05:44
Looks interesting, keep us updated on this project please!!

TH -Darksoft.net
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks . I'm hoping to relate this game off of the Nintendo 64's Banjo Kazooie & Banjo Tooie..Of course, that may require a name change :p.

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET.
Magefire
Years of Service
User Offline
The game looks great. If you still want some tips on how to do object collision in DBPro, some of this code may help:

You could also try cycling through all your objects like this:

I haven't tested this code yet so it may not work but checking for collision would go something like that.

If you give a man some fire, he will be warm for a day. If you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Kanzure
Years of Service
User Offline
That first snippit is VERY helpful! Thankx!!

But..umm..My games works ok in DBP Demo, but in the *real* version everything is wacked..so..I'm going to be buying DB Classic - much easier for me i guess..

~Morph
Owner of MultiCode.NET and Multi2k.NET.
Nothing is something, and something is then nothing. Life is an illusion.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 18:35:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 18:35:53