Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I urgently _need_ dbGetIndexData(int iIndex) ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm currently needing to parse a .X mesh and, while delving through all the dbGetVertexData* I was absolutely gobsmacked to find that while there is a dbGetVertexDataIndexCount() there doesn't appear to exist any way to get "which vertex from the data is at this index" (i.e. some sort of dbGetIndexData(int iIndex))!

My project is currently halted because of this... there's no point me being able to get all the data from the vertices when I don't know which vertex is at that triangle index!

Please, please, Mike/Lee/Raven/anyone - is there a function in the libs that, perhapse is not on the header files, that allows me to get this? Many thanks!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 15:11
That's definitely an omission - there's a dbSetIndexData function, but no 'get' equivalent.

Raise a bug in the bug forum so that mike is aware of it for the next release of the SDK.

For free Plug-ins and source code http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:59:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:59:59