Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / AE presents... *Demon*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 11:32
When i was younger, i used to design computer games the old fashion way; pad and pencil (and red felt tip). Anyway, one of the my most recent games was called Demon. It was inspired by doom 3 and i hoped to make Demon just as gory, scary and saticfying.

At the moment, it is set in 2051AD but i might make that more like 2151 to set it a little further into the future so i can have futuristic weapons.

Demon centres around a marine, Aluc Tarn, who is part of a rescue squad sent to investigate the mysterious disappearance and reappearance of a space-station orbiting Jupiter's moon, Europa.

The half of the game is set onboard the space-station, Zeus. You then spend the rest of the game on Europa itself.

The story of the game encompasses action, suicide, murder, love and the horror of Demon (you'll have to play to find out what Demon is), and will be told though cut-scenes and audio messages from the rest of your squad while you're playing the game.

I've written and 8 page summary of the story-line that spans the 9 levels (so far) of the game. If you would like to know more, post here and i'll spill the beans.

I think i'm safe posting here.

I would have posted in the models and Media forum, but i haven't finished any models for the cut-scenes yet. So perhaps the showcase board but they don't like long "Storyline" threads, so i'm posting here.
RSVP
AE

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds interesting and I presume your making this game using FPSC?

Thanks
Adam
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2005 23:55
AE... you should use latin translators, they make simple words like demon sound cool.

Merranvo, taking over the net, one forum at a time.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 09:34
I tried to look for latin translators and they found you matches for the word "Demon". Anyway, i'll be level modelling and animation/directing/editing the cut-scenes but i don't know if i'll get someone to make some custom enemies.

Here's the beginnings of an enemy for a cut-scene of the Europan surface:
C&C?
AE

Attachments

daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 16:37
wow this is lookin sweet! yur using this with FPSC rite..cause if u are and need any help with some interesting levels u could ask me heh heh?

any one wanna give me free character models please??
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2005 21:14
Quick update:

I've started the logo for the game. It is not finished but when it is, there'll be raging fire beneath the letters.

I'm using Anim8or to model all this stuff.

But i'll need other people to model the specailised characters. These are mostly the main characters, but some will be enemies. But don't start yet because i've got other guys modelling the higher-poly versions. From those, you guys can make them fit into a lower poly-count for the game itself. Here is a list of the main characters.

Name--Occupation------End-of-game status
Aluc Tarn------Main character/marine----------Alive
Sgt. Kaine----High-ranking Soldier--------------Alive
Dr Titania------Scientific Doctor-----------------Dead
Dr Larissa---Asst. Scientific Doctor-------------Alive
Rico-------------Soldier (Private)----------------Dead
Niobe Quarts---Maintenance worker------------Dead
Jim Kenner---Soldier/part of rescue team-----Dead
Others---------Rescue team members----------Dead (most of them)

C&C (on the logo)?
AE

Attachments

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 21:35
I have drawn some concept art for some of the characters (Aluc and Dr Titania), you can view it here

I need urgent help. I've been asked to prepare a demo reel of my stuff (filming, 3d work, art etc) and i thought i'd do a section on Demon. So i'll need a voice for Sgt. Kaine, preferrbaly american but i'm open to other accents. If you would like to audition, you must send me a sound clip of you saying the following lines (with your accent):

"This is Sergeant Kaine, of the United Space Core.
I'm onboard the space-station Zeus and we are orbiting the moon, Europa.

We are under attack, repeat, we are under attack.
We don't know why it's attacking us, but we're trying to mount a last stand here in the control room, but i'm not sure how much longer we can-

Holy...holy s***, its...its in the control room! Oh god!
Fire! My, God!
Get out! Get out!
Drop him!
Come on then, come on, come get some-
oh uh oh God no! Help me, please!
Oh God! Oh, Uh, AARRGGHH!!"

All clips should be attached to new posts in this thread.
Please could this be down ASAP, i need all applicant's entries in by 22:00 GMT, tommorrow.

AE
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 03:11
the dude on the right looks like gordon from half life but cool drawings

IM SO SAD dont ask

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:56:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:56:04