Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / in v2 u should be able to use guns like outside of game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 02:04
u no thost old conloses, sega and stuff how u had a gun and shot the creen and killed guys, or in the arcades, i mean i have a gun and want to hook it up, but i cant, but that would be cool

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 14:52
That's something I've longed for, like a lightgun game where you still run around - but really it would need a lot of special coding so it is unlikely that we'd see that in FPSC. The thing is that there's no standard - if M$ made a standard controller with a lightgun, then it could possibly be supported, but unfortunately I think that FPSC is too closed to allow peripherals like that.

FPS movement tends to go by mouse movement rather than position, like in a FPS the system does'nt move the mouse, instead it uses the mouse movements to adjust the camera angle, so even a system that hijacked the mouse position would'nt work - it would really need to be specially coded.

However, the brave could invest in DBPro to develop their FPS (using FPSC as a springboard engine and level editor) and make use of a PC lightgun, there was even one sold here at one point, so I imagine that they're reasonably easy to code for in DBPro.

Van-B

Put those fiery biscuits away!
Lavitz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2005 16:36
Sooooooooo many newbs in the forumz now that V1 is officially out. And yes, a gun system like you guys have mentioned would be sweet. Though, the hard part would be setting the screen up to be lazer sensitive so that the gun will shoot on the screen. Or at least that's how I think they make it. Anyway, I don't think gun games you find in Arcades will be here until v2 or 3, if they make 3 that is.

Cheerio!

For the best flash anime, go to Lifepoint1.com
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 03:07
i have v1 i meant in v2 srry

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 04:09
Very tierd of science fiction, please dont!

Dont trust anyone...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 05:20
Slower Reaction Rate.
If you have a light gun, compared to a keyboard, you are MUCH slower. Light guns require broad movements, key pressing is faster. Controlers are fastest because they have everything in 1 location. Joysticks are slow because they require broad movement (although not as broad as a light gun)

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2005 01:38
i fust meant for fun not for a stastic problem

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 03:16
Do You mean that We are going to sit in our chairs and shoot with a light gun about 2cm/inch from the screen?
Theese Sega ideas belongs to the past!

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 04:01
no no no u could stand back and.......

I LOVED MY SEGA!!!! infact i still have mine, but sniff sniff it broke WAAAAAA NO MORE X-MEN OR TIME CRISIS OR ANYTHING SEGA ROCKS

Samoz83
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 20:38
i still have mine the mega drive and the genasis and the dreamcast a bit off topic but o well

SaM
[url=www.bobocop.com/nam68][/url]
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 21:37
such good games on those

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 18:09:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 18:09:51