Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / noob need (help again)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 00:49
i dont know if anyone will look at this but I have serval questions
1.how do u make movies for your game and what softwere do u use
2.How do u make charcters or emneys for your games
3.how do u add music
4.is there any websites i can add for my game to be downloaded and sell

Fps Creator Forever!!!and ever and ever and ever and ever...
Zone Chicken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 01:10
1. Any modeling software that can render output to .avi format.

2. Same modeling program that you would make your cutsceens with as long as it exports .x format.

3. Add the audio as .wav to your audio bank, in fpsc build game go to global script,game over,game complete to add different music to your menus and game. Also go to FPS Creator\Docs folder and open the pdf then click edit and go to search a search will pop up on the right side of the screen type music for more info.

4. Not that i know of at the moment.

Your signature has been erased by a mod -- please resize to under 600x120...
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
2 things...

1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use real words (not "u")

2. 4. You culd make a website, or use garagegames.com.

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
Arness
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 01:42
no no zone chicken what kind of thing i could use to make a user easy model maker and a way with out building the game

Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Use anim8or.

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
Arness
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 01:55
where do u find it

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 01:57
2 Points that you are saying and scaring me:

1) easy model maker
2) my game to be downloaded and sell

I am all for you making your games and selling them, but you really should learn a little more about the softwares needed.

You are asking questions, which is very good. BUt I don't want you to be mislead into thinking you can find a free modeling software, in a few hours (or even days) model an entire game and sell it. That would be foolish to think that given no experience.

FPSC is a wonderful program for getting your feet wet. I suggest you look at [href]www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/[/href].

It's important to read the forums at their web site if you have questions about their software. From what I read, a lot of people use this modeler program to make Entities.

I use a program called Acid to make my music as well as my sound effects. Great software.

For selling your games, you got lots of choices. Yahoo Games, Real Audio (which is I cannot remember what they are now), Reflexive, Gamehouse, and few others. I don't recall seeing any FPS's on there, but your more then welcome to try.

For movies, I use 3D Max, but it all depends on what type of movie you want to make (render or live action). Max works with both.

I hope this helps you in some small way. Best of luck!

-This...is my boomstick!
Anlino
Years of Service
User Offline
I would'nt try getting a FPSc game up on Realarcade or any other portal. The biggest game i have seen on any of them was on 50 megs, and that was a complete shooter in the style of Diablo. A full game in FPSC would be like 400 mb, much more than what would be accepted by them. 25 mb is usually standard, and if it is bigger, then it needs to be special.
Arness
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 04:01
@moster alter ego I have done these things in the past but i have hardly anytime

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 06:45 Edited at: 13th Oct 2005 06:51
@Anlino: Bad use of media, you should have games around 100mb, not 400mb. If you have 400mb, you are using too many entitys, and too many types of segements.

@zoro: Money is not free, Programming is the quickest way to riches, everyone needs media, but the thing is that you need to know how and have great ideas. FPSC is in no condition to do either of those things.

@Monster (get rid of the rest!): Acid is expensive... however polyhedric software gives out a free demo version of WAVmaker... and you can pick up ANVIL STUDIO for free. This combination can be used similarly to ACID, but as I tire fast, I stopped making music like that, now I just use Anvil Stuidio for baseline melodies. Sometimes I add in the other ends and make it come alive, but that part of me is harder to bring out now that I am older (strangly, I can sit at a piano and make my own music with little bad chords yet I can't make any orchestrial pieces anymore)

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:51:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:51:19