Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Possible Nooblet influnce here

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 16:33
Ok, I been away for a year, perhap this is the wrong place to ask this. but it seemed the right furom ,as it is mentioned here the most.

OK, this 5.9 is new to me, i Aint new to DBP. wheer can i find a link to 5.9 commands and or examples?

sorry if im out of line. i understand how we have problems with anoying questions as this.

Lock if neccesary.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 16:48 Edited at: 12th Oct 2005 16:50
This thread dosn't fit into this board. If you looked at the stickied posts in the top of this board you would quickly find all the information you need about it Like bug fixes and new commands that have been put in. But oh well. Here's the information taken from the upgrade readme file:

Quote: "
Upgrade 5.9
===========

Information
-----------

* Released two new and unsupported DLLs called ODE and MultiplayerPlus (FPSC support)
* New commands added to U5.9 but undocumented for this release (FPSC support only)
* In the event of a message about duplicated terrain commands then delete AdvancedTerrain.dll from the plugins-user folder
* New examples in the projects\u59examples folder - demonstrates collision and ODE

Information about Extras (supplimentary release)
----------------------------

* Released the DBPRO DLL source code to the ODE, making it open source to the community
* Included latest header files for the DBO format and GlobStruct

FPS Creator Game Engine Source Code
-----------------------------------

* Released the FPSC game engine source code fully compatible with U5.9 upgrade
* Note that the FPSC game engine relies on functionality provided by the Enhancements expansion pack, if you do not have this pack the source code will not compile, you can find out more information about the expansion pack here http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=enhancementpack
* For those who already own the Enhancements pack you will need to update to the latest version, this can be found in your order history on the web site

General
-------

* Numerous small fixes and changes within several DLLs due to FPSC development
* New command named "calculate object bounds ID", this can be used to calculate an objects bounds for collision and visibility etc.
* Alpha mapping an instanced object no longer forces loss of transparency
* Fog no longer interferes with shaders
* Radius of objects are now updated when "offset limb" is used, this solves the problem of objects disappearing that have been offset
* Deleted lights are now removed completely
* Fixed an issue with "set object" when wireframe state was ignored
* Point camera will revert to Euler rotation automatically
* Instanced objects can now be cloned
* Fixed a problem where cloned objects did not correctly match position data of source object
* Copy bitmap command now updates size correctly on both axis
* Resolved a potential crash on "make memblock from file"
* The command "create animated sprite" no longer crashes when an invalid image is used
* Animated sprites now use the 1 texture flag by default ( 1 to 1 pixel mapping )
* Error message now displayed on "open to write" if invalid index is used
* When setting an object to another objects orientation the pivot is now retained, you can specify an extra parameter 1 to ignore to ensure the pivot matches the other object
* The command "make mesh from object" no longer crashes after a resolution change
* Instanced objects can now have their own independant alpha settings
* Resolved a crash with certain shader settings
* The size of a sprite can now be updated automatically when their image is changed to match the dimensions of the image by using "set sprite resize 1", this can be disabled with "set sprite resize 0"
* Stopped a possible crash with "sprite collision" not checking for existence of both sprites
* Object looping property correctly updated when animation has stopped
* Alternative "make object plain" command, add extra parameter of 1 to use this
* Instanced objects will use pivot data from source object
* Object size values now take into account any pivot data
* Basic 2D pixel plotter now adds an extra check to ensure not drawing outside of surface bounds
* Changed ink mode on Basic 2D box
* Height of stretch sprite is now updated correctly
* New command for retrieving the priority of a sprite - return integer = sprite priority ( sprite number )
* Sprites no longer cause a crash if the image they reference has been deleted
* Alt tab no longer results in losing meshes
* New bitmap function "set bitmap format" to let you control the format of a bitmap, this is useful for saving alpha data for instance, takes one parameter, -1 will default to normal format, other values refer to D3DFORMAT structure e.g. use format 21 for A8R8G8B8
* Solved a slow down issue on copy bitmap
* Modified some sprite code for animations
* 3D sounds now updated correctly when fastsync is used
* Excluded objects can now be deleted
"

Hope that helps

-The Nerd

PanzerGameshere
Free Particle Engine For dbpro :
here
Yyrd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 17:07
well, agreed im sure it there, but i was over tooking bye the amount of posts.

everytime i asked somebody they said " its in beta therfore not sopported", kinda hard to test with lack of info.

but my posting here, showed my effort on finding this is wheer it is talked about, the DBP furom had nothin.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 19:03 Edited at: 12th Oct 2005 19:04
It's mid-bug-crushing week. So documentation is sparse, as you have found.

We have the syntax in the beta threads, but no real information on what to do with them. Hopefully it will arrive with the official upgrade release.

If you look through the DB Pro forum, you'll find the odd thread discussing new commands. ODE physics, for example, has 2 or 3 threads.

Yyrd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2005 19:28
infact after all day, i fuond a huge list of ODE commands, nothin inregard to the mutliplayer part.

guess they knew this is what i cared about.
starstrike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 04:03 Edited at: 13th Oct 2005 04:10
here is the multiplayer commands Ive discovered so far :

Ive posted a small server/client program here to show a bug:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=62783&b=15

There should be 26 or so multiplayer commands, but those was all I found when I hexviewed the multiplayerplus.dll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:07:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:07:46