Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / ---FPSC Menu maker version 1.1 has been released----

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 15:57 Edited at: 13th Oct 2005 21:22
With this program you can adjust the menus for the FPSC game in a visual mode. Add, move, change the sizes, color and textures without touching any line of code! The program will approach both to beginners and to professionals. You will see the generated script and its changes in real time, and can make necessary changes.

in version 1.1 added many usefull features, and work over new features is never ended.

Version 1.1 features:

- Load/Save FPI scripts
- Add new HUD objects (backdrops, images, buttons, text...)
- Edit HUD objects with WYSWYG interface (position, scale, color)
- Change objects content in one click (images, music...)
- Change objects draw order
- Change type of objects (display, button, pointer...)
- Hide/Show objects
- Realtime visual refresh of script changes

get it from http://www.accode.com

more features to come...
all updates you'l get for free.
Wheel Gator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 16:12
that looks cool and everything ,but I'm not paying for something that is stolen.

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 16:16
What do you mean, stolen?

--formally FPSCreators--

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
What does this new version do?
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 17:02
Using an Idea is not stolen. It was an idea. Thats all it was, Monter created his own vision of the Menu Maker. Others can certainly do their own.

Stolen is a stong word seeing that no actual source code has changed hands.

Great job Monter! Will paid users get the updated download link?

-Causa mortis
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 19:22
ya...but he took merranvos thread, and hurried it up so he could mak a quick few bucks before merranvo released the freeware. theres nothing illeagle about that...its just bad morals for money...ripping people off.

@monster

your gonna need a lot more than that when you see the freeware one...

FernandoK
Years of Service
User Offline
I worked in a design field for a number of years. You can't believe how numerous and cheap ideas are. What is rare is a finished product.
Why are you guys freaking out because this guys would rather make a few bucks? If you like buy it; If not, don't. This has worked for thousands of years. What has this guy stolen? -An idea? Was it original? Or was it implicit?
Do you think that the Wright brothers where the first to think of attaching a motor to a flying contraption?
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 20:42
FernnandoK,

An excellent post. As FPSC gets bigger, so will the number of both 'freeware' and 'for purchase' 3rd-party softwares. This is exactly like the "do a seach, noob" issue that keeps arising. For some reason, the concept of freewill and choice escapes many visitors to this forum.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you don't like the post, don't read the post. It's so simple

--formally FPSCreators--

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 21:53
Monster, will download updates be emailed to registered users?

Thanks

-Causa mortis
Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Just download from old link.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 21:59
Thats great. Thanks!

-Causa mortis
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 22:07
so the save / load feature actually works like a charm??!??!?!?!

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 22:14
sigh...

-Causa mortis
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2005 22:26
what...................is it something i said?...............................

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz 800MHz FSB w/ 512KB Cache, 1GB DDR PC-2700 at 333MHz - 1x1024 SO-DIMM, ATI RADEON™ 9550 256MB DDR(<<soon ), 80GB Hard Drive
GGardar
Years of Service
User Offline
Monster can ypu tell my how excactly the save/load works i think il buy that menu pack if save/load works And can i have a video as a background of the menu.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 00:09
God this thread is getting funnier each time I read it.

Real Monster, you may want to re explain the "Save/Load" features of your menu system so certain people who are posting are not confused. I REALLY think they think the Save/Load is magically going to work if they make a menu for it.

-This...is my boomstick!
Zero #43
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 00:13
y dont u explain it?

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 00:56
Zero.. Load and Save is more then just a menu function. As it stands, the load/save do not work in the FPSC 1.0

Riker9 is to have this functionality, and has been added. Riker9 is based on the FPSC source code, and new stuff is being added to extend FPSC.

-Causa mortis
GGardar
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course you dont just add a menu button how say's save and load and it will work. It has to be proggramed to do it .
i just that in the program there is a Save/load game funchtion
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 01:11
- Load/Save FPI scripts
WILL NEVER WORK
Until a Release of Riker 9.

Everything else... usless
There are times to be lazy, now is not one of them. Menu Scripting is easy, just cut and paste, building one from scratch, that is hard.

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\arenagame

Just look at it for a while. It is hard to do it from nothing, but easy when you are just editing.

And for the competition, While Bullshock is developing a GUI for Menu Monster v 1.0 (I stole that name!), I will be developing a FPI Translator, so that any menu commands that can be parsed into FPI will be. Competition is slow, but does happen, and does come.

Remeber, features may be attractive, but price is the ultimate barrier.

RastaMan. Whose side are you on. Pick one, I can't discern enemy from foe.

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 03:01
um.. no side really. Well, my side of course.

-Causa mortis
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 03:21
@ fernandok and skycubes

yes i do have a choice wether or not to buy it... and i choose not to. and i do have a right to read it or not...and i chose to read it...i also choose to protest it.

it is not the idea stealing that we are angered about...its that he is trying to make money off of a freeware intended product, to help out the FPSC community.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 03:56
And the fact that I do all of the work this does ^^^ for free in the scripts section...

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 05:20
@bullshock...

Sure, you have the right to "protest", just recognize that your protest is meaningless. The sense of entitlement that seems to encompass the youth of today is both frightening and sickening.

Here's the bottom line...I'll spell it out for you. Most people here and most users of FPSC are not going to be able to create some of the things being sold to supplement the product. They either can't do it or don't have time to do it. So, they will either buy the 3rd-party stuff or they will go without.

And just because someone says, "hey, I have and idea. I'm going to make a freeware utility to change the menu screens" doesn't mean that someone else who actually does it and decides to sell it is immoral. Case in point: I'll bet my paycheck you are using a Windows operating system right now. Where do you think that "idea" came from? Does that make Gates an immoral thief? Or, does it simply make him a good business man? Sure, it can be debated until the cows come home, but the cold hard reality is that no idea is an original idea in this world.

Besides, if the person who was going to make the freeware version actually pulls it off, then you'll get to use that one and the issue is moot.

Nobody owes you anything. Deal with it.

--formally FPSCreators--

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 05:40
Quote: " Does that make Gates an immoral thief? "

Yes.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 05:46
sky cubes...we obviously have differnt veiws on things, and some of our debates have been very...un polite...

im not here to debate...and merranvo is finished with his menu system...but i am designing the GUI for the freeware menu system...and i plan to release a freeware jetpack soon. because of my beleifs..

so i guess im trying to help people out when others only seem to think about money. thats what the forums are for...you said it yourself...so...

people should not be forced to hide theire ideas in fear of them becoming publically availible.

i understand nothing is "technically" wrong here...but i beleive it to be wrong...thats just how i am...whether you think that or not...

transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 05:55
There's a difference between annoying and wrong.

This amateur business stuff is annoying,in the same way that Bill Gates being god is annoying. I think that's clearly been established.

It only becomes wrong when TGC decide it is, it's their site.

It's good in one way, though; this war is going to bring plenty of free stuff my way. Thanks to everyone in advance.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 06:06
ya...see were the good guys here...bringing you freeware stuff:

merranvo
bullshock 2
wheelgator

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 06:38
I wasn't going to buy the FPSC Menu Creator but, there has been so much said about it on the forum I got curious and bought it. Once the free Menu Creator is available I'll download it and make my own decision on which one I'll actually use.
The problem with the free stuff on this forum is having to give credit if you use it. I pay so I don't have to concern myself with keeping track of who made what. Having to create a screen to give credit for free models, textures, programs takes the free out of free. Do you agree.. sorry just had to put that rhyme in.
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 07:04
It would be annoying to have to credit a hundred different sources for your game, so you've made a good point.

I don't really have to worry because I make my own media.

Just keep in mind that if you make a popular game, that at some point people are going to ask whether you made the models and stuff, or where you got them from.

It might be easier in the long run to have a ready-made readme file that you can show people, whether you have to or not, than having to answer annoying questions.

Just an idea.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 07:05
see the difference between the 2 menu systems vary greatly...monsters edits the fpi directly...allowing you to drag to gether FPSC menus...the freeware one, is completely different...you can put text...intros...any number of screens...level selection anything you can imagine...but the GUI is a little complex...thats why its not already out...

and you wont regret this...this is truly "freeware"....you dont have to put anything about it being free...or mention our names...

but we would like it though...

Wheel Gator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 07:32 Edited at: 14th Oct 2005 07:39
Quote: "merranvo
bullshock 2
wheelgator"

it should be more like this

**Wheelgator**
merranvo
bullshock2

jking

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 18:46
If You make a Savegame addon I will buy it, and probably everybody else on this forum too! I really hope You do it...

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
As far as I know, that is not possible, does not matter what add-on you'll do.

So, wait for Cellbloc to deliver it.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 19:11
They just don't get it, do they?

-This...is my boomstick!
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
No. And that's most unfortunate. I do not have a problem with Monster selling his stuff, appart from the moral issues. What puzzles me is that the starting post clearly states and I quote:

Load/Save FPI scripts

And there's no script in the world that will make the Load/Save system work since the problem/bug/non-funcionality is hardcoded.
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2005 23:38
No no no.... Load/Save FPI scripts does not mean adding Load/Save game to FPSC.

It means you can Load and Save FPI scripts. So you can select and load up an FPI script, and you can save your FPI script.

http://www.rastaworld.com
- cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for explaining mate, I misunderstood it, but apparentely most of us did.

In the case of FPSC, such a misunderstanding may lead to frustration to whom buys Monster's product.

Again, thank you Rasta.

V
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 00:26
hmm... I think that we should sue The Other Monster for false Adverts. He is CLEARLY infuencing the youth and making them believe something that is not true, and hiding behind the technicalitys.

Save/Load FPI Scripts my ass. More like enticement.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 00:28
@RastaMan:

Thanks for clearing that up for us RastaMan. Wish other people would have done the same. When you start seeing post like:

Quote: "so the save / load feature actually works like a charm??!??!?!?! "

Quote: "If You make a Savegame addon I will buy it, and probably everybody else on this forum too! I really hope You do it..."

I got a little worried for the little people...

-This...is my boomstick!
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 02:08
Yep, at first sight, it can fool some. The way its put, I can understand why.

But then again, I understood it, I guess because I read most of all the other threads, which has been clearly said that Save/Load of game points is not possible in version 1.0 of FPSC, at least not until Riker 9, and maybe v1.5? or v2.0? of FPSC. Who knows...

http://www.rastaworld.com
- cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 04:23
Well thanks for that answer! Now I am totally calm...ZZzzzzzz....
Hey Monster I am dreaming about a free menumaker..ZZzzzzzzz...
My dreams used too be true, is this one true?...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Mr Zzzzz

Dont trust anyone...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 04:31
Hey monster, are there any free menumakers for FPSC? You seems to know theese things... If someone comes with a Savegame script I will move Him to Moscow and give Him a million dollars in hardcash.
(Seen Goldeneye latly?)

Mr Love

Dont trust anyone...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2005 04:38
Yes it is. And I will give it away, soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 18:17:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 18:17:57