Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / New Here! Lots O' Questions!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey!

I am new here and was wondering if anyone could answer some questions for me before I purchase FPS Creator. What coding language does it use should I want to add or change a firing effect of a weapon, is it at all possible to do something like bullet time? How does character animation work? How difficult is it to import new character animations or models, or new weapons models?

Thanks
Sincerely
Agent 007

Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
it uses a custom made scripting language with all the commands it uses listed in the manual, it might be possible to do somthing like bullet time with scripting but you would probably need help with it. Sorry im not 100% sure how the animation works i presume its part of the file. To import a new charatcer or weapon you would place your model and texture in the fpsc's entity bank and texture bank once you have made an fpe script for it to describe what it does in the game (you can do this by looking at other files in the folder on notepad)

Thanks
Adam
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 03:34
or you can copy the file and edit it to point to your model. Right now you can only use .X models, so I suggest you get a model converter.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 18:08:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 18:08:52