Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Would this be possible?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2005 01:09
Woud this be possible some how? In a room, there's a locked door. In the same room a number of objects are hidden (in boxes and so on) let's assume 10 balls. As soon as the player has found all of the 10 balls, the door will unlock or they key for the door will appear, that's fine too.

I'm not sure if it is possible, but if it is, could someone show me how to accomplish this? If possible within a few days, before my demo runs out and I need to make up my mind if the FPSC is the right game engine for me to use or not.....

Thanks!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2005 23:49
Yeah... kinda...
(for the balls)
:state=0,plrdistwithin=20:activateifused=1,state=1

(for the door)
:state=0:state=1
:activate=1:inc state
:state=10:coloff,setalphafade=0,state=11

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
Benjamin 2005
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 00:58
Thanks! Thanks to the pointer I've figured it out by now. I can now pickup 3 items in any order and a door will open. Tomorrow I'm going to modify the script so I can pick up 5 or perhaps even more items in any order and a door opens.

Once I'm done with the script I'll post it.

Now if only the people from TGC would react to my email, I could finally get FPSC before the trial runs out.....
Benjamin 2005
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 18:04
Well, it's not not kinda possible, but completely possible. It's just some work and figuring out involved, but once done it works fine. I can now open a door by either switching on 3 or 5 switches or by picking up 3 or 5 items.

You can find the result here http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=63253&b=23
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 22:59
2 problems. 1, you need to make a different name for each door (given the state of the forum... this is VERY HARD (lol))
2, if you have a big enough slowdown then the activateifused will jump.

So still Kinda (besides, i supplied the 90% script)

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
Benjamin 2005
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 21:29 Edited at: 25th Oct 2005 21:29
Just an update on your point 2 (the jump). I've put the script in a large level, had a major slowdown during a couple of test runs (a mistake in the way I did set up part of the map, corrected it and now it runs smoothly). Guess what.... no jumps at all, the script still worked fine.

If I do use FPSC to create a FPS? What's a FPS supposed to be anyway???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:35:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:35:57