Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Does anyone want to animate a modle for me? please?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 19:46
I created a 3d model in 3ds and exported it to 3ds format, and I would reallty appreciate it if someone could animate it as I have no idea how to. I'll post a picture of it so you can decide if it's worth your time or not.

ok so I couldn't figure out the stupid image thingy anyway, I'm really new at this so whatever...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 20:09
in max if you want to make a quick render press F9 - renders with the last setup (from start up defualt values)

figuring out bones within Max isn't easi for anything complex, but rewarding once you do...
You can always animated the old fashion way with keyframes, personally I'd use bones because Max's interpoler has ALOT to be desired and i doubt they'll ever update that aspect.

To produce a key frame animation, click the "animate" button with the little key button next to it down... the animation bar will go red, which means you're in keyframe mode - simply select and movethe object you wish to animate, move the frame scroller (the horizontal scroll bar below the animation measure) to the next frame you want to key frame and set a new position. Keyframes are automatically created - the close together the keyframes are to actual animation frames, the less max will be able to mess up the interpol. Unfortunatly the animation within max is all tied in to each other and each frame you work with contains all the object - this is a curse for hierachy animation like that ... because it is good to setup the keyframes for each limb seperately. You can use the project manager and animation manager to setup the different keyframe zones for each limb, however they're are overly complex and to be honest it takes more time that worth - i'd only recommend them on larger projects, even then i'd personally setup several scenes rather than battle with that

There was a keyframe animator that was once created for DB by mike - perhaps he'll rerelease a dbpro version

[b] New interactive driving system... i like my new blue and black steering wheel [b]
aprilfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2002 20:17
hey that's a mouth full, but I'll try....
If I don't succeed or get around to it becuase I'm pretty lazy... I'll still wait and see if someone will do it for me, man that sounds lazy and leach like.... Oh well that's what I get I guess for trying something like this...

Hey thanx Raven Vegeta!

Lancewrath
Years of Service
User Offline
Send me a pic of the model at lancewrath@yahoo.com if you still havent figured it out i could animate it for ya. but your gonna need to use like x or md3 when in DB cause 3ds just sucks..but i know how to get 3ds to work just as good

if god = infinity and infinity = 0 then god = 0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 11:13:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 11:13:33