Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Please please please help me convert a .glm to .md3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 17:40
Millkshape 3d dont work no more, and I have no way to convert one of my VERY important .glm files to .md3, the filetype I need. So can anybody... Just anybody help me out here? THANK YOU so much!!
Current Project: Dark Wars
166 lines of code so far
http://hometown.aol.com/Hockeycow07/rebel.html - The official ReBel Games website!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2003 22:16
why would you need to?
i have a GLM importer into Several things, and a complete decode of the format, includeing the GLA skeletons - however i've never let anyone use it except Mete to create his Importer for Milkshape, because it took me 2months to complete it.

So if you want to use it i wanna hear some bloody good reason why i should send it too you ... or example.

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 00:20
It's not for DarkBasic. It's for making a map, possibly a map (bsp) for one of my later DarkBasic games.. Right now it isnt though. I am using GTK Radiant to map it, and it only allows .md3 and .glm is not allowed. Please tell me if your thing exports to .md3 also...

Please? Raven, your my friend !

166 lines of code so far
http://hometown.aol.com/Hockeycow07/rebel.html - The official ReBel Games website!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 02:35
its a complete workdown of the format (the only one outside of Raven Software) ... so i can make anything i feel like with it - there are tools in the SDK for Jedi Knight2 which allow you to import/export GLM/MD3 models

they only work statically should be fine for a map - but i still don't know why you'd need them

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 05:13
What do you mean "but i still don't know why you'd need them"?

I need a .glm converted to .md3 because i have a 3d person thing i need in a showcase on teh wall.. To import him, it has to be a .md3. All I have is a .glm of him.. So I need to convert it to be able to open the file in GTK Radiant 1.2.12

166 lines of code so far
flibX0r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 05:36
Hi

Sorry to interupt your bitching, but if you want Joe Bob Cow, I can convert it for you using MilkShape.

Just give us an email ( reece_sheppard@hotmail.com) and a link or as an attachment and i'll convert it for you.

"But we couldn't do that Mr Flibble," questioned Rimmer. "Who'd clean up the mess?"
--Twin P4 Xeon, GeForce Quadro 4 128MB, 1Gb DDR RAM, Hee Hee Hee--
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 14:00
but why would you export as GLM?
they're a bitch to export properly - unless it isn't your model ... in which case i hope you have asked for the permissions to use it.

as i've mentioned if its just a static model GET THE SDK for Jedi Knight2 - as it has a tool specifically for that.

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 15:38
No I said I want to convert a glm to a md3. So import .glm export md3./ Get it? Now what the heck is the SDK for JK2 and where can I get it?

Oh and Mr. Fibble, I'll send you the file soon if I dont convert it before.

166 lines of code so far
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 15:47
FOR FUCKS SAKE... i know exactly what you damn well wanted to do ... try doing a search on fileplanet for JK2 SDK or something.

Hockey07
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 01:28
Oh i get it.. I thought at first you were asking me why would I want to export a .md3 to .glm.. NOw I see you mean why would I export to .glm and then convert to .md3.. Well, the model came from the game, and the model was already a .glm, so I didnt export it. It is from teh game but its a glm and i need .md3

Thanks anyways ill see what i can find

btw, you must be an impatient guy with 11 year olds..

166 lines of code so far
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 03:02
i'm very impatient with everyone, especially when i've had 10-15people act the same way in the same day. It gets extremely frustrating.

What game are you taking it from? Because normally companies don't enjoy people taking thier models without permission

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:23:16