Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / models blinking in and out of existance.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 17:33
I'm running into a weird situation while designing my project. My enemies appear fine until they are dead. They move and behave correctly. When I kill them, the death animation occurs and they fall to the ground. Here's where the weird thing happens. When I walk up and look at them by sweeping my mouse back and forth over them they dissappear when my view is on them and reappear when my view goes directly past them. does this happen with anyone else? I can't have this happening all the time, it looks shoddy.

Lon
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 18:00
I'm not getting that problem with the models that came with FPSC.

Maybe you could try and alter the leavecorpse script, maybe leave collision on the dead entity and see how that goes.

I guess you could also use fadecorpse, but that's probably not what you want.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 18:08 Edited at: 20th Oct 2005 18:34
Yeap, this has to do with the clipping plane. Some else posted this issue I think in the bug report section (which this topic may need to be moved to) about a barrel that when he walks up to, disappears. See if you can find it because he actually made a video about it.

[EDIT]
See if this is what your talking about.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=61900&b=28

-This...is my boomstick!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 18:48
Yeah, I remember that post, I even replied to it. I had seen it a few times randomly, however, this happens all the time but is probably the same bug. What's weird about it is that it only occurs once my enemy characters are "dead" they don't clip like that when they are active and running scripts. I suppose it might also have something to do with thier orientation once they are dead. If you've seen my videos in the showcase section you can see my enemies are flat. When they die, the fall down and lay flat on the ground, kinda like if you drop a cardboard cutout of a person onto the floor.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2005 19:04
Right, because they are "below" the eye level of the player. I bet it only really happens when the dead enemy is laying flat and not proped up against the wall.

-This...is my boomstick!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 17:44:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 17:44:44