Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / fun new game in making!(storyline inside)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 04:22
fallen soldiers

(anything in parentheses is jus a lil coment)
you wake up in your bunk room with the other relief disaster cargo shippers sleep, thinking you went threw all the training in boot camp just to be on a cargo ship building houses for the enemy's civiallians well you get ready for the flight ahead, go to the storage center and gear up clothing and a pistol, you take out the pistol place it in you holster on your belt thinking "why did they give me this to shoot birds!" well you walk to the boarding area things are being loaded already, you reconize some of your friends even threw thier blue uniforms with the word police written on them(bull shock 2 u rock 4 those models!) the captain decided not to yell at you for being late this time you step on to the plane(thats level one)

well you on the plane when your passing over an island your plane is hit by a gun red lights flash and over the speaker comes "prepare for a rough landing!" your in the cargo hold when the back door flies open and the supplies spill out(really cool level falling 18 floors with crates,boxes,woodplanks, and frieght containers fall around you until you hit the ground)you fall down a long way a small box hits your head and you barely missed by a feight container your buddy joe wasnt so lucky he is immeditally smacked by a large crate you hit the ground hard you amazingly survived thiers a medical pack next to you, you reach over and mess with it you start to move
(well game continues on from thier while the games progresses you start to set up shelter [the shleter keeps looking better as the game goes on gets really creative] you also get to fight the enemy army that shot you down)

well what you think?

i hope not alot of people learn about this software then theirs gonna be like 500,000,000 people creating crappy games and saying how do i put up a wall!
PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 04:37
awesome dude. btw can you tell me what thread you downloaded the "police" models from? need 'em fer my game. have ou an pics.? oh yeah and theres some cool horror and graveyard packs coming out if ou want it to be a scary island or something with giant drooling monsters and dead guys 'n stuff

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, CONKER!!!
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 05:08
Bitchin' hope it comes out soon!

Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:19
thanks for the comment...but they are really not that great...i threw them together to get a feel of what i wanted for MY game...

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:29 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 10:31
It seems that a lot of storyline only threads are being made over the FPSC boards. Rich recently posted regarding these threads, saying that they are not allowed, and do not really showcase your game what so ever (generally, these threads will be found in the Showcase section). It's a nice storyline, but it would be more productive to have waited until you had work to show, like screenshots or a demo (in other words, something that adheres to Rich's Showcase policy). This is not aimed just at you, I have said similar things in the numerous threads that only contain storylines. I know you are realtively new here, so don't worry too much about it. If you want to read the thread Rich posted about this, go here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=62264&b=25
I will say again that this is not aimed soley at you. It is a good storyline and I hope you do well with the project.

Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:31
thats why he posted in FPSC chat...because its for everything related to FPSC that doesnt fit into the other boards...

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:35 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 10:36
Maybe so, but it doesn't relate to FPSC in any way other than the fact it is *implied* that it is program that he is making it with. It doesn't avoid the fact that Rich doesn't like these threads - I would think it was fine if it had screenshots or a demo, but I think it is simply not the best idea to post just a storyline. Either way, Rich has stated that these threads are not allowed. It is important to think of the Showcase (or any FPSC board) as you would the WIP board. If you are going to show a game, you need some tangible work to do so. Once again, I hope your project goes well .

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 10:56
if you want my opinnion...i think people should NEVER post there story line...i mean...what if bungie released the HALO story line and asked for oppinions?...what if valve released the HL2 story line and asked for oppinions...

a story line should be something that you yourself feel to be compelling...if others dont like it ...oh well...i know my story line was written and rewritten for 2 years...and it still changes sometimes...

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 11:17 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 11:42
Exaclty, that's another implied point. It's the game that matters, right?

EDIT: On second thought, I am going to deride my point completely. I agree with the kraM's post, below, that a storyline is the heart of the game. As you may be able to tell, I loved Resident Evil. I like it not just because of the suspense, the horror, the anxiety and the realism, but because of the immense storyline, the intertwining and complex yet simplistic base storyline. So once again, I deride my post.

kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 11:34
@BULLSHOCK 2

Agreed, The story line to me is the heart and soul of the game. ie... All of us working with FPSC are basically bound by the same limitations in what can and can't be done within this engine. Some more than others , but someone will share the info sooner or later and yes graphics can make or break a game, but as for myself, it's all about the story line. With that I can get past most other flaws.

Mark

If not for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!
daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 14:20
http://files.filefront.com/policeexe/;4177538;;/fileinfo.html thats for the police model

and yeah i will realise it soon not to soon,
screen shots later today
demo tommorow hopefully(gotta by monsters forest pack )
plus thier will be around 18(some involve around 18 levels,with tons of explorin! hehe caves going under ground finding small camps with the enemy in them just by walking in the island)
and yea...this isnt one of those storylines the person posts and then that thread goes dead
well thats all for now and im lookin forward to that horror pak was reading bout it

i hope not alot of people learn about this software then theirs gonna be like 500,000,000 people creating crappy games and saying how do i put up a wall!
daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2005 22:51 Edited at: 24th Oct 2005 23:14
here a screen shot....hehe so funny

oooo didnt work good eh...here are linkys

http://www.freewebs.com/orangespotantiguild/falling%20one.bmp

http://www.freewebs.com/orangespotantiguild/falling%20two.bmp

http://www.freewebs.com/orangespotantiguild/fallen%20three.bmp

thier we go

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 10:09
I didn't actually look at all of them (too big!), but the one I saw looked good.

Seriously, just use PrtScn and Paint instead of Fraps, those pictures are WAY too big!

daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2005 22:56
lol i did...but yea suspecting demo l8er today early tommorow

daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 00:14
wow....this sucks sorry to say i will not be realising this game maybe ever...i tryed to buy monsters forest pack but i have no clue how to use this cyber plat thing! so unless he gets paypal this game is never gonna go up maybe a mod will close this, any way ill post soon again if this ever gets up

PureEvil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 03:21
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?¨®´´?ˆ¬
ˆ† µ´å˜ß ?¨®´´?ˆ¬
Bet you didn't understand that. btw, ROCK ON, CONKER!!!
daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 05:04
sad i know..... but..............!!!! im getting straight bak to work on my puzzle game really funny way its coming so far! but sadly to say yea....monster please get paypal alot of people really need it and i really wanna make this island game was gonna be super FUN!

Mervanno enity, if you sold it for 50.00 you would be rich
also be nice to noobs but if they ask how to put up a wall smash em with a TV

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:18:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:18:07