Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 16160 Frames ?????????????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
after all i swallowd that there is no way for skined animations jet. So i broke my model into peaces and build up a hierachical IK-setup (3DSMAX ; 100 frames). Everything worked fine.
So just needed to export it.
The Panda .X exporter didnt put the animation coretly (total object frames 0 ). After downloading the .X exporter from the DirectX8.1 SDK it seemed to work fine.Insted of the animation speed.
And here it comes:
total object frames told 16160 frames , i just created 100 frames in Max. I played around with the Animation Sample Rate Option but it changed nothing.

Anything i can do???
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 04:50
dunno never used the Panda .X exporter...

DarkBasic cannot use Mesh/Skeleton Animations, DarkBasic Enhanced can't use them natively ... but Professional can.

its all about how you want to go about developing the models

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
BackBONE
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you read my post actualy???

So i broke my model into peaces and build up a hierachical IK-setup (3DSMAX ; 100 frames). Everything worked fine.

It animates its just that the animation even with a speed setting of 100 is f**** slow.

Thats not the problem coud use set object frame.
With 16160 frames i have to increase them about 400 to get a good rate.

but wat`s wrong about the total frame count?? remember i just set 100 frames up.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 11:43
yeah as i said ... i've not used panda, but usually these things are all about how to setup your model.

This actually sounds like problem with the exporter, because its export'd to the power of 8 lmao
and its probably the interpol values that its done this with, because my guess is you've still used Bones, yet forgotten to store the animation - so that 100frames @ an interpol of say 8 ... which equals around 80frames per frame.

i'd setup the animation properties better, or use the Microsoft DirectX Exporter

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
BackBONE
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont used bones.

just link the object parts hierachicaly together to build a IK Chain. And with the Microsoft Exporter The Animation Data is allso exported and work!

TO MAKE IT CLEAR:

Fram setup within MAX: 100 Frames
Frames after Panda Exporter: 0 Frames
Frames after Microsoft Exporter: 16160 Frames

Just tried everything. When the timesetup within max is scaled down to about 10 frames, the exported model move a bit faster, but get a total frame count of about 17000 Frames.

WHY?? %|

I thougt there have to be 100 Frames (am i so hard to grasp??) .
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2003 13:58
well a Heirachy IK setup is a bone setup (IK is specific to bone animation) ... that aside, you said you were using the Panda DirectX exporter - not the Microsoft DirectX Exporter ...

It sounds like something has been rigged incorrectly, because without touching anything - i can create 2 box's animate them to the 30frame limit just spinning and it exports with... 30frames
however the interpol values are set to about 1/4 speed for some odd reason, still exports fine.

So if i were you i'd backtrack what i've done.
As i explained before the exporter is exporting excluding the interpol so this is why your getting so many frames because its premaking them to the interpol.

now i'm unsure why YOU can't seem to be grasping what i have been saying.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:16:44
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:16:44