Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ok, I just want to warn you, even though it is far away....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, just wanted to warn you of the "cristmas rush", as [probably] many poeple will get FPSC for cristmas, and know nothing about it......you get my point! A bunch of new people! (who know nothing)

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 00:52
Because you've never been a 'new people who knows nothing"?

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 00:58
Exactally!

Finally A person with BRAINS...

"ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"

He who knows everything knows nothing at all.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 01:25
eh, you spelled christmas wrong?!?!?!?!?! jeeze man

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
HEY............I never said that.

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
Rick123
Years of Service
User Offline
You mean that people would want FPSC for Christmas. Right?
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
And come here for help, a lot of them.

MR Sweden
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 03:06
everyone is new to everything untill you learn it or throw it away
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya I know, anyway, that serbet is wearing off now...

DigiDesign Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 13:17 Edited at: 26th Oct 2005 14:17
I HATE PEOPLE who come to forums and know nothing about the subject!!!!!! ARGH THEY ANNOY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay people listen up - every n00b that comes here around xmas and asks dumb questions, lets

FLAME

THEM!!!!! HA HA HAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LETS MAKE EM SCARED OF THIS FORUM. LETS MAKE EM CRY WENEVER THEY COME HERE LETS MAKE EM HAVE TO GO INTO CARE!!!!!%$&$£%$£%$$££^£^££&&

I'm special.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 14:16
M1RKD1RK can you stop acting like an idiot or your going back on post approval.

daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 14:23
heh well yea everyone is a noob i would really wish people would read manual first...ok so thier was one time i asked noob question, but not anymorew so yea....who cares i do@!

i hope not alot of people learn about this software then theirs gonna be like 500,000,000 people creating crappy games and saying how do i put up a wall!
DigiDesign Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 14:35
okay ive calmed down.

I'm special.
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
Now that we are here discussing this subject, I want to add somethings.

If it wasn't for some people, I would only have the point-and-click and some scripting. With this software, like with many others, doing the basic is achieving close to nothing, at least in quality terms. I would have nothing, know nothing, learn nothing if people didn't help me. And they have, through actions or simply a tap in the back wishing me luck.

I've read the manual, saw the segment editor videos, all this more than once. I have loads of doubts about loads of things. Every day I try to do better, be better learn more.

On the other hand, people getting in here speaking some weird sort of english (which really hurst my eyes and my understanding of things), not even try, bounce questions after questions, beg for materials and all other "evil" behaviour, they really annoy me.

And I understand they annoy many of you...

But generalizing that all noobs, like I am (and many of you are also, even if you don't believe you are) act the same way, is simply sad, limitative and will surely bring a bad taste in the mouth to many "good" newbies.

Have you "uber-bad-mouth" users thought that maybe, just maybe, that guy missed that page? Have you ever considered that he didn't understand the point of the manual or that he is having a real difficulty, no matter how hard he tried.

Do not generalize. You are being worst than the worst instead of being better than yourself.

Rant over.

V
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 17:59
Communities evolve through talented users stopping and helping others - that's why the DBPro community is so strong, and with a good attitude the FPSC community could go the same way.

It's not the newbies who simply have problems or questions or are looking for ideas that annoy - it's the arrogant attitudes that materialize later. Truthfully, the more experienced or talented FPSC'ers here need to start setting an example.

Van-B

Put those fiery biscuits away!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 19:32
Van B,

I would agree with you.

I have been working with game engines basically since they have been around - still - I see myself as a newbie as far as FPSC is concerned.

We all have a lot to learn about FPSC - its a long learning curve if you want to get the best out of it - pushing and using it to maximum advantage - there are a lot of things that require experimentation, learning and mastering, so always something more to learn. If you can pass on that learning to others then thats a kindness which users should be grateful for - I know I am.

I dont think anyones yet a master of FPSC, certainly not me so I got nothing to brag about and thank all those who offer help in those areas they are well conversed in.

Personally I dont get offended by anything much at forums as far as people asking for help is concerned no matter how often repeated, rather not see it when many answers to questions are already available - but thats life.

No matter how experienced one might get with FPSC or any other engine - we will need all the help we can get if we wish to complete a decent game so supporting the community in a positive way is the only sensible option for all.

Everyone has a point of view and everyone is good at something and able to make a contribution - I welcome all to join the FPSC community and build a better future for the product and the games made with it.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 21:17
dont take offence to this mods...but would you mine stikying a few things once in a while?

there are some awseome tutorials that just die because no one replys...but "noobs" could make good use of them...

and if uman isnt a master of FPSC..than i sure aint.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 21:59
Having users post some interesting topics or information about progressive gamemaking and serious gamemaking issues would keep topics in view and in the limelight - then the current debate which seems to be going on about nonsense posts, newbies and such like would fall away.

The problem is that FPSC and the forum is in a kinda limbo - there is just not enough development going on in practical gamemaking to keep users on interseting topics, most likely because FPSC is itself not allowing users for one reason or another to do so.

Theres a lot of topics about how FPSC might develop and problems that users are facing with the software filling the forum as well as disagreements, for one reason or another users must be finding it rather difficult develop or just palin want to spend time at the forum writing posts for the sake of it.

Lets try and keep on topic and progress FPSC and the forum in a more positive way until the users, the product and the games made with it dictate or allow a more professional forum environment.

Hopefull both FPSC and the forum content here will mature together for the better, lets all try at least to do what we can to see that it does with good sense and tolerance.

Now back to some serious gamemaking.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 22:43
I was in a chat room the other day about a FPSC and I was asked "What type of game should I make?"

I was shocked, in part because I really didn't understand the question. The person obviously was in the FPSC Chat room to talk about FPSC. I assumed that they either have the demo or the purchased the software. But the heart of the matter was teh question itself.

"What type of game should I make?"

I had no idea how to reply. FPSC is a great tool for fun. Make what makes you happy. If you like running around killing zombies with a chainsaw, do it! If you have read the manual and have questions on scripting to get the AI working, ask! If you are having trouble building your own segments, ask!

The point I'm trying to make is, try something first, then ask.

While developing Riker 9, I am still learning the in's and out's of the FPSC program. I have created a demo with the new features to show off what can be done, but there's always more to add.

Remember people are here to help you, but don't get demanding on them "HELP!!! I need XZY Model" or "I just installed FPSC, now what". How can we help? No one is going to design your game for you, and no one is going to build all your models, your huds, etc, etc..

I would really like people to look at FPSC as a stepping stone in to developing really good games. Learn all you can before asking questions. Learn how to create your own DirectX files, how to use Paint Shop Pro (and stop posting BMP images!), how to use MilkShape or some other cheaper modeler program.

Always remember, Google is your Friend.

-This...is my boomstick!
Pulsar Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
@Cellbloc: de acuerdo.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 23:24
@Ultrahead:

Agradece a amigo, alegre usted convienen con mí.

-This...is my boomstick!
daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 00:23
Vlad wow yea you convinced me to be nice to noobs,Van B i kinda agree with you, and bullshock is right no offence but thier are some really helpful tutorials out thier, that would be excellent to noobs coming in but, i have to say one thing!(i ment to caps) IF A NOOB COMES IN HERE AND ASKS HOW TO BUILD A WALL!! I WILL FREAK OUT! AND GET ANGRY heh just my opininion ^_^

i hope not alot of people learn about this software then theirs gonna be like 500,000,000 people creating crappy games and saying how do i put up a wall!
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 01:26 Edited at: 27th Oct 2005 17:16
i wudnt worry if they cant place a wall they probably cant wor kthe web browser either hehe, im quite happy to answer any noob questions that i can im no professional but if no one helped anyone ever life wud suck

Thanks
Adam
madhouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 17:14
I have posted this before...but this is the most inhospitalble (sp?) forum I have ever participated in. It is suppose to be about helping each other out. But people are constantly getting blasted. Ya, some people never look before asking and they never will. Being rude to them is not going to change that. Frankly I don't see why you care. Just ignore them if it bugs you that much. They will get the picture and stop posting.

Thankfully there are still some who are willing to answer and give advice to even the most mundane and obvious of questions.

relax - in a 100 years who's gonna care
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Those who wont help when they can cant expect to be helped themselves i dowt there is anyone on here that cna do absolulty everything perfectly

Thanks
Adam
Mr Scarab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 18:02
Speaking from experience I have been programming since about '86 or '87 and programming Dark Basic since it first came out. I have occasionally torn my hair out trying to resolve issues or fix bugs and if it wasn't for TGC forums I woulda been lost. Now I have a copy of FPSC I feel like a complete newbie again, I still haven't touched scripting yet. I've read the manual, seen the videos and I'm still wandering around in the dark. Be nice to noobies guys, sometimes you just have to explain a thing in a different way for the penny to drop. People have different ways of learning stuff and yes, some people learn quicker by asking questions rather than reading manuals.

Chinese translation: Feng=more money Shui=than sense.
madhouse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 19:59
Mr Scarab

I think that about says it all..thnks

relax - in a 100 years who's gonna care
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 18:30
OMG... scarab, no. That is so funny that I'm gonna tell a little story.

"OMG THERES A BOMB!!! What do I do??? I don't know how to defuses this sucker..."

"Well sir, the manual is attached to the bomb"

"A manual. If u know something why cant u make a kool disarmer. Come on now. A manual. I hate manuals. manual is stupid."

"Well sir, you have 10 min to read the manual, and enter the right code"

" I know that I need codes but I dont know the codes. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
Where can I get the codes. I know how to build it with codes. GET IT. I HOPE U UNDERSTAND. DUHH."

"Well Sir they are in the manual"

"What manual?"

"The one for the bomb"

*repeat above process*

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:29:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:29:01