Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What are you using....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 16:57
...to make animated decals? Long ago I noticed that the animated decals were sequential images arranged perfectly aligned from left to right,top to bottom on one giant bitmap. I don't have any software that can make these and never have. Could anyone point me in the right direction? I have animated images ready to go as individual bitmaps. How do I get them in the form mentioned above?

Thanks!

Lon
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 17:32
Take a look at ExGen, it is pretty neat at that type of stuff.

http://exgen.thegamecreators.com/

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 17:37
Most folk here would use a program to make up the big bitmaps, it's quite easy in DBPro - like you'd load and position them on a big screen then save out the screen as a bitmap, perhaps someone could make a proggie like that for FPSC users.

If nobody takes this up by Saturday I'll have a go.

Van-B

Put those fiery biscuits away!
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 17:44
If you already have the images, and some spare time then you could make a blank image in your favourite image editing software that is big enough to hold the images, and then paste them in. Then you save them as one big file, but it will be all of the other images to make up the animation.

e.g.

# = individual image

####
####
####

or

######
######

or even

############

depends how FPSC needs to read them

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 17:54
I think it's probably a case of X images wide by Y images tall, like you'd specify that in the scripts - so as long as they're lined up on a single image it should be fine.

Van-B

Put those fiery biscuits away!
Lon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 18:29 Edited at: 26th Oct 2005 21:56
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into these approaches. Many of my sprite animations have no more than 8 images at the most. It should be easy enough to hand place them on a blank slate so to speak. On another note, like Uman, I'm also curious as to how you control the speed at which a decal is animated in FPSC. I have an animated torch decal that I plan on making, its only 4 frames, but looks cool when animated at the correct speed.

Thanks again

Lon
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2005 19:44
The speed of decal animation seems to be hard coded somehow - though I dont know that for sure - perhaps someone else can comment. Presumably its linked to the number of images to view on your decal image and "speed" of display which we have no control over it seems. Its fairly complicated and an overview from someone from TGC as to what exactly controls the speed would be helpful. e.g. is the speed relative to the number of images having to display within a specific time period and if so how can we affect or control that? It seems we cant?

Still looking for a workaround to force some kind of speed control - looking at image numbers, size and so on, without much success at the moment I am afraid - I will let you know if I find a method.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:26:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:26:24