Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Screen Saver - Help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 03:45 Edited at: 28th Oct 2005 04:13
I decide to make some screen savers to practice a few skills, but I've encountered to a really confusing thing!!!

I had no problems writing them until I decided to view the working screen saver on that little monitor in the Display Properties! (with /p argument)

I read a few articles and did a quick search on these forums and found some good points in them specialy a demo that was written by Nicholas and Jess (I think)

There was a function that could force DBPro programs to become CHILD! so I decided to translate it to DGSDK in C++, here is that function:

and here is the full code (Nice one):

I tried to convert that function to DGSDK but my trial and errors couldn't do anything really...
here is the code so far:

as you can see I've tried a few variable Type, functions, etc. some of the functions (DGSDK's) didn't work properly, so I've used their C++ equal.

I think there is something wrong with the "parent" variable that I can't figure out?

Can someone help me out please?

Thanks!

[EDIT]The code was very crappy, so I removed it for now[/EDIT]
Try
Years of Service
User Offline
Never mind!
I did sleep a few houres and began my research (part2... ) and read a few new articles.

and... voila... got it to work!

I'll polish the code and send it here or in the code snippet section... might be useful for someone else

Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:44:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:44:03