Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Use dark game SDK with FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 04:50
Does anyone know if You can use dark game SDK to speed up FPSC? I mean its made for DBP and it wourld speed up FPSC alot if used together. Dark game SDK is made for DBP, and FPSC is made in DBP so maybe it courld work? If it does work You courld use more objects, make bigger maps, and have more enemys and so on...
Does anyone know if this courld work?

Trust everyone...
Mr Scarab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 05:01
I guess in theory this would work but in reality not right now. For one I am pretty sure that not all of DBPro is fully implemented in SDK. Also you need extensions to DBPro to run the FPSC source code, these also are not currently available, at least I don't think they are yet. I can see where you are going with this and it is a fantastic idea. When everything is finally compatable I will join you. Until then let's keep praying and hoping :¬)

Chinese translation: Feng=more money Shui=than sense.
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 10:32
If you take the DarkBasic Professional source and convert it into C++/DarkGame SDK then you would get a speed improvement, as the C++ compiler will perform some handy optimization.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 16:13
Its worth to give it a try, the problem right now for Me is that I have a billion projects going on right now, but it is a important matter so I will get some more information about it. But I dont know maybe RIKER will speed it up enought!
Anyone who wants to steal this idea is free to do so, but please make it a public update! (If You have time for it, I dont!)

Trust everyone...
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 16:37
Yes converting the DBPro Source Code to DGSDK will increase the speed performance.

I could convert it over, it would only take about 11 months to finish.

-This...is my boomstick!
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 16:54
Quote: "I could convert it over, it would only take about 11 months to finish."
Maybe that isn't such a good idea

Work Hard. Do Your Best. Share The Glory. Do It Again.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 00:31
Its a really good idea! But only if You have a team with 4-5 Guys.. Just think about it, FPS Creator with almost the same speed as the Halflife 2 engine! The animations wourld be soooo mutch faster! The FPS Creator wourld be converted from a toy to a professional tool! Soon or later this will happend. (Someone will do it.)
Another intresting thing is that V6 of DBP will be mutch faster than previous versions. (This is what I have heard I am not sure!)
If this is true We dont need to convert it... We just have to wait for FPSC V2...

Trust everyone...
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 01:11
Wonderful idea Mr Love!

And what 4-5 guys are going to work on it to get it built? If it took 2 guys 3 years (now granted they have a lot of knowledge of how the system works) and they are charging $50, what should a team of 4-5 guys charge?

Just a thought...

-This...is my boomstick!
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 01:20 Edited at: 29th Oct 2005 01:21
Does anyone have the manual for DGSDK I could use, cause I might convert it, easy, but don't have DGSDK.

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 01:25
When you order the DGSDK, it comes with a small help file. The help file is incomplete and sometimes out right wrong. It seems that they cut and pasted the DBPro manual and modified where needed.

But as for a manual, no.

-This...is my boomstick!
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Command overwiew?

I ALWAYS have flame proof jacket...just in case...and a shotgun. If you want any, just ask!

We are all nice,except for that one who's name starts in a m and ends in erranvo.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 01:50
I dont think it will be professionals that will convert it. By the way its a huge difference to make a new software out of nothing, compared to convert a few lines of script
"And what 4-5 guys are going to work on it to get it built?"
The ones who wants a very fast game-engine.. I guess some kids who belive they are going to be bigger than SIERRA...

Trust everyone...
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 02:11
As I said, wonderful idea. Best of luck to whom ever does it.

I can build a faster engine based on the FPSC Editor (well, I guess I am)...

-This...is my boomstick!
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
I would do it, if I knew the commands...(HINT HINT!!!!)

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 02:32
Small problem... LOL!!!!!

Trust everyone...
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Ya, but still, I would do it....

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 18:43
print "string"
print var
print "string",var

that is good enough

Your mod has been erased by a signature.
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that stuff, I know some C++, but not DGSDK.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2005 20:16
It is a mix of C++ and DBP, if You learn to program with DBP it will be easyer. Why dont You jump over to the forum for Darkbasic and look for some help, some of them use Dark SDK.
Good luck...

Trust everyone...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:32:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:32:19