Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Lands of Lore REMAKE - Playable WIP + Screenshots! (4.8Mb)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 09:19 Edited at: 12th Dec 2005 05:45
UPDATE: Fixed the unrecoverable black screen error, YAY! . Check the bottom of this post for downloading the new version (3Mb)

Been bored and trying to get my mind off a tutorial I'm doing, decided to give a try at a Remake... hehe, found myself doing some Lands of Lore walkalike for a game project, and used the wall textures. It came out so cool that it converted into the start of a remake of the game (or at least a great part of it)... it's gonna be a big, hard, long project... but look at the bright side: I have the art, concept art, and game design... just have to adapt and change it a bit ^_^.

Here are some screens

EDIT:
NOTE: The background image was taken straight from a screenshot and resized... what I've done is the 3D environment... will make a better Photoshop-ed version of the game interface later on ^^)

For download and playing (4.8Mb) click the red DOWNLOAD button at the bottom-right part of this -post-. IT'S AN EARLY WIP SO DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH, other than being able to wander around freely.

Feedback, comments & suggestions welcome! ^_^

The anti-black-screen version ^^
http://darkguy.galekus.com/downloads/Lands-Of-Lore-First-WIP-v2-by-DARKGuy.zip

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 14:12 Edited at: 27th Oct 2005 14:15
Man this looks great it looks really professional.
I'll wait for a while before downloading so that I can see a better version of your game.(when it is done of course)
Whats with the cat though.
BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2005 17:04 Edited at: 27th Oct 2005 18:18
That's the original's game background. My part was the whole scenery, movement and stuff ^_^

EDIT: And the cat... that's Khieran, one of the original game's characters Human-cat thing.

http://dbfree.dbspot.com/ <- DB Freebie Archive! Royalty-free media for your games! FREE!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 00:10
I played about halfway through this one a long time ago before getting stuck. It was a fun RPG as the classic, tile-based ones go . Best of luck!

Blog is death. How? NO idea. But is murder. REVENGE!
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh yeah, it was an AWESOME game (I even installed a 2Gb drive with Win98, all set up with MS-DOS drivers and stuff for playing the CD version of it! xD) but yep... easy to get stuck after the 30-40% of it (when going to Upper Opinwood... after the Swamp and Scotia launches that barrier thing ) but it rocked ^_^

http://dbfree.dbspot.com/ <- DB Freebie Archive! Royalty-free media for your games! FREE!
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
nice drawing man!

BlueLight Online, improved version of MorningOnline
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Not mine o_O...

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
well nice anyway..

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 15:04
the main game looks more detailed than the hud tho maybe you could lower the 3d windows resolution or remove antialiasing or something, and i think i remember this game seems ages ago tho.

DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the main game looks more detailed than the hud tho maybe you could lower the 3d windows resolution or remove antialiasing or something, and i think i remember this game seems ages ago tho."

Well... from 320x200 to 800x600 is a big jump... no? still that's not gonna be the final game interface... here ya go, working on it. The rest of the background components are just sprites (in the original game) so I'm not gonna bother with them right now, don't want to bloat the code before I start to work on the game itself, for saying it that way. Here's a screenshot ^^

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2005 20:27 Edited at: 28th Oct 2005 20:28
Good work Darky! Can't wait for your remake finished.

DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Been working on Gladstone Castle (first map you start exploring)... the textures need a bit of more work and I need to start decorating the walls a bit more , here are some screenshots (the map is under early development)

Small question... do you all think I could increase the wall's poly count (right now at 40) to add geometry bump in the bricks (instead of making the wall's texture to be just a plain texture, add it some "bump" (as my video card and DB don't support texture bump) by adding brick by brick in the model's geometry?

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2005 03:48
If you're locking the view to those specific angles, just giving the textures some nice shading and a decent detail level (512x512) should simulate the effect better than modeling the individual polygons, actually...

(Looking great )

DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you're locking the view to those specific angles, just giving the textures some nice shading and a decent detail level (512x512) should simulate the effect better than modeling the individual polygons, actually..."

By better shading you mean better texturing right? ... because I'm not using lightmaps here, I'm leaving all the light stuff to DB's normal lighting. I -may- add a possibility to do a mouse view of 20-40 grades just to add something new (and more 3D "environment")like...

Similar to those Egypt and China games (which used rendered pictures, but you could still rotate Quicktime-like).

Either way... yup, what do you exactly mean by nice shading, better texture?

(thanks ^^)

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
nice rooms dude

AtomR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2005 16:56 Edited at: 1st Nov 2005 17:03
Awesome, man. This is one of my all time favorite games. Nice to see somebody working with it. Maybe u could try using shaders to add the detail u want. There is parallax shader in the shader thread that you could see to make the wall detail u want without adding more pollygons. would look great.

Keep up the good work.

-EDIT-

Forget it. I hadn't noticed it was done in DarkBasic Classic. When i tried running the game my computer froze. Does it work in XP?

Anyways, its a pity LOL didn't translate very well to the 3D world it was later remade into. LOL II and III were good but they had lost the magic with the addition of the 3d freedom. They could make a new one though. Is westwood still around? Sorry took the it a bit off topic.

Take care
AtomR
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Awesome, man. This is one of my all time favorite games. Nice to see somebody working with it. Maybe u could try using shaders to add the detail u want. There is parallax shader in the shader thread that you could see to make the wall detail u want without adding more pollygons. would look great.

Keep up the good work."

Lol, Thanks - I would if my video card would support shaders (and DBP would even work, which it doesn't -.-)

Quote: "
Forget it. I hadn't noticed it was done in DarkBasic Classic. When i tried running the game my computer froze. Does it work in XP?
"

I think so... there is another guy who says the same thing... I think it's 'cause I'm using MP3s for the music, know a way how to change that instead of using crappy MIDIs?

Quote: "
Anyways, its a pity LOL didn't translate very well to the 3D world it was later remade into. LOL II and III were good but they had lost the magic with the addition of the 3d freedom. They could make a new one though. Is westwood still around? Sorry took the it a bit off topic."

OnTopic: Well, I never played II and III but I was really good for its time, at least it had a better 3D movement/interaction/perspective than in the Eye of the Beholder series, or so I think.

OffTopic: I don't think so... I think Westwood died, sadly .. last game was a C&C Generals I think... but no, never heard of Westwood anymore, and I think the site is now old and hasn't been updated... I think it did, what a shame

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2005 04:27
I didnt mean lightmapping per se, but lighting baked into the textures themselves. This looks cheesy in modern games, but with fixed angles it will look as fine as lightmapping or higher detail objects. Texture Maker has a great built-in utility for rendering a shaded texture from a heightmap and a diffuse map.

DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, that's something I can try to test... thing is, as the map is tile based... the texture would repeat itself... unless I make the lighting seamless... guess I can try to do that... will check and see how does it looks, thanks for that! .

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2005 09:10
Quote: "nless I make the lighting seamless..."

Yeah, that'd be a requirement, I didn't think of that. Still, might work. Good luck

DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 04:58 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2005 04:59
Quote: "Yeah, that'd be a requirement, I didn't think of that. Still, might work. Good luck"

Thanks ... tried some stuff, it looks kinda better as you said and the tiled-ness isn't -too- noticeable... will upload a screenshot later

As for now... you all people check out the first post! the black screen error was solved today... YAY!! , it was 'cause the files opened with "Open to read" weren't included in the Make Final option... oh well!

EDIT: Corrected typos xD.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 22:50
Perfect perfect.

At last I found some people who create this game. Youpyyyyy

www.geocities.com/takis76/rpg.zip

Download my old project which I started with c++ and allegro library.

I am working about this project and I have plans to make it in DarkBasic.

My project will be a RPG editor mix of all of rpg's

Eye of the beholder 1 - 2 - 3 , Lands of Lore 1 and Dungeon Master.

Take a little look.

The engine was created from scrach and it is incomplete.

I have plans to recreate whole in DBPro.

For now I am studing with DarkBasic.

The problem my demo is in Greek.

Thank you very very much
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 23:51
Very good screenshots , but I download the game and I have
unrecoverable black screen error. Could you post newer link.

And see my Lands of Lore remake.

www.geocities.com/takis76/rpg.zip

Thank you...
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 23:40
Which programm are you using to make isometric walls?

Dungeon crawler stile engine?

In my game I have capture the old walls and I redecorate them.

But there is a programm and its name is POV-RAY but is very difficult.
Could you suggest me some programm easy to create new walls.

If you want some graphics for your game I have a lot. I use the in
my game.

[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/decor.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/interface2.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/interface3.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/interface4.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/interface1.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/items.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/player.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/portal.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/portal2.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/screenshot.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/scroll.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/wall05.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/wall06.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/wall07.bmp[/img]
[img]www.geocities.com/takis76/windows.bmp[/img]

I have a lot of horror midis for your game if you want too.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 23:51
In the first message pictures does not appear.

I pictures does not appear visite the links.

Thank you.

The problem is you need to reside all imaged from 320x200 to 640x480
or 800x600 with some antiAlizing Beliniar

I have a programm its name is scale2x

Scale2x, Scale3x and Scale4x are real-time graphics effects
able to increase the size of small bitmaps guessing the
missing pixels without blurring the images.
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
@Takis76:

You could've edited the post you know, instead of posting 3 times o_O.... anyways.

Nice graphics on there I'm sure I shall find some use for those, thanks! ^_^ one thing though, your game/remake didn't seemed to work on my comp, all I get is a black screen, lol!. By the way, from where you got those different Lands of Lore walls/graphics??? the original game didn't had those kind of graphics... nor that quality!, or did you made them?

By the way, the black screen error in my remake is solved, check the first post which has been edited. An ISP problem and a busy schedule haven't let me work on the game lately, but I shall get my hands on work in a bit.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 14:38
Some interface. Scalled to 640x480

Try to play the game , but before you play , select the Dark.exe
press right mouse button , choose properties then choose compatibility then choose Windows 98 - Win Me

Press Apply. Then run the game again.

You shouls Unzip all files in one directory.

Might the game , be slow.

I was made it with c++ , in Windows 98. If you have windows 98
and soundblaster card.

Game will run correct with music and sound effects.

The game is working in my windows xp.

But without sound because my sound card was changed and I must change
the code.

If you have somewhere DevC++ you will recompile and play the rpg.

In the zip included all engines with source code.

I am very interesting to play your game and I want to create a programm like RPGCreator. (Like FPSCreator) But this will be
a Dungeon Crawler RPGCreator Land of Lore RPG Creator.

With Charachter Generator.
Monster Editor
Map Editor
Events Editor
Quest Editor

With DarkBasic.

For now I am learning DarkBasic Pro and I am working with other project. (The Future Networks)

I will send you a small very early demo to see what I am creating.

Which programm are you using to create your walls?

I have capture some walls from EOB (Eye of the beholder)
And I have totally redecorade them.

I am very huppy , you have reply the forum.

I have some tools if you want to grab graphics from Lads of Lore
end Eob series.

I have thousands of wall graphics allmast ready to put them in your game.

But you need windows98 to make a good job. Because Windows98 are more
compatible for older games.
And the recreate your game in DarkBasic Pro , in Windows XP.

Look this , it will be , some of my intro of my game. (RPGCreator)

Will you send me , some demo of your game?

With newer things you have made?

Thank you very much.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 14:42

Now must be appeared!!
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice interface screen. You designed/drawn it yourself?

Quote: "Try to play the game , but before you play , select the Dark.exe
press right mouse button , choose properties then choose compatibility then choose Windows 98 - Win Me

Press Apply. Then run the game again.

You shouls Unzip all files in one directory."

I unzip everything in one directory, and run the Dark.exe file. Tried the compatibility settings, nope, all I get is a black screen... :/

Quote: "I am very interesting to play your game and I want to create a programm like RPGCreator. (Like FPSCreator) But this will be
a Dungeon Crawler RPGCreator Land of Lore RPG Creator.

With Charachter Generator.
Monster Editor
Map Editor
Events Editor
Quest Editor

With DarkBasic.

For now I am learning DarkBasic Pro and I am working with other project. (The Future Networks)

I will send you a small very early demo to see what I am creating.

"

Nice idea on there hope to see the program giving its first steps!

Quote: "Which programm are you using to create your walls?"

3D Modelling thanks to 3D Studio MAX R3, and the textures in Adobe Photoshop 5.5.

Quote: "I have capture some walls from EOB (Eye of the beholder)
And I have totally redecorade them.
"

Nice work though

Quote: "I have some tools if you want to grab graphics from Lads of Lore
end Eob series.

I have thousands of wall graphics allmast ready to put them in your game.

But you need windows98 to make a good job. Because Windows98 are more
compatible for older games.
"

I know that, started using Windows 3.1 when I was a little kid, lol. It would be nice to see those graphics and tools, would prove really useful, it's a kind of pain trying to cut each graphic manually xD.

By the way, nice intro, looks like you have a powerful computer, hehe, nice atmosphere on the 3rd screenshot .

Quote: "Will you send me , some demo of your game?

With newer things you have made?
"

I would, but I haven't made any progress yet. Real life has been keeping me real busy but I'm looking forward to retake it again in a few days once I get vacations from high school. Though when I have something new, I'll send . Checked out the edited first post? I changed the text and added the new link to the game without the black screen error I got .

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 15:31
I found newer version of my old game. But it is in early stages
try to download this one.

And tell me your opinion.

[href]www.geocities.com/takis76/lands.zip[/href]

I download and I played your demo. It is perfect. How do you manage
to make realistic rotating like lands of lore rotation.

In my engine I am using Eye of the beholder static rotation.

Might be your engine is completelly 3D , my engine is pseudo 3D.

In fact 2D and I am putting static 2D walls. Like EOB engine and Dungeon Master 1 and 2.

I played you perfect demo. I have a little idea.

When you step close to a wall. Do not step tooo close to the wall.

Look my engine. Let in the close wall possition some corner.

look the closer position of the wall.

In your engine seems player collide his face on the wall.

Remember the lands of lore and eob.

The closer possition of the wall , lets some corner.

Can you understand me?

Thank you very very much.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 15:57
I have post my project that I am working now.

The project name is Future Networks.

Have you ever played UPLINK?

It is similar.

It is in Greek version yet. When some completelly demo will be out ,
I will post with English language to.

Tell me if you like it.

After this project I will start my RPGCreator.

Thank youuuu

Give me your e-mail to send to my version of future networks
because I cant uploaded , is tooo big.
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I found newer version of my old game. But it is in early stages
try to download this one.

And tell me your opinion.

www.geocities.com/takis76/lands.zip"

I tried, but got the same black screen thing... I'm gonna try booting in a secondary Windows 98 boot I have (if I ever get to fix it ) and tell you if it works, as with XP it hasn't yet.

Quote: "I download and I played your demo. It is perfect. How do you manage
to make realistic rotating like lands of lore rotation.

In my engine I am using Eye of the beholder static rotation.

Might be your engine is completelly 3D , my engine is pseudo 3D.

In fact 2D and I am putting static 2D walls. Like EOB engine and Dungeon Master 1 and 2."

Lol, thanks yeah, I could notice so in your first screenshots. Well, I'm using DBC as my 3D engine, so I don't have to fight with rendered walls, sprite coordinates or perspective, as everything is done through 3D models. As long as the geometry is done right, I don't have to worry where to put the pixels!

Quote: "I played you perfect demo. I have a little idea.

When you step close to a wall. Do not step tooo close to the wall.

Look my engine. Let in the close wall possition some corner.

look the closer position of the wall.

In your engine seems player collide his face on the wall.

Remember the lands of lore and eob.

The closer possition of the wall , lets some corner.

Can you understand me?"

Yeah I can... hm you're right... guess I was missing that on the WIP I uploaded, heh... I guess making everything a bit bigger should do the trick.... thanks for that!

Quote: "I have post my project that I am working now.

The project name is Future Networks.

Have you ever played UPLINK?

It is similar."

I haven't, but I might try to search some info about it soon, or a download, and tell you

Quote: "Give me your e-mail to send to my version of future networks
because I cant uploaded , is tooo big."

Uh, it's in my profile, the Yahoo button after my posts, either way, here it is darkguy2008@yahoo.com

Right now I'm gonna try to work on the Lands of Lore remake a bit more... got an idea to make the levels instead of using ASCII characters (plus this new method will add that I'll be able to add switchs and stuff to the level pieces in an easier way), gonna correct the player-hitting-the-wall tidbit, and see if I can recreate the whole Gladstone Castle... I'm thinking on releasing a Demo for Christmas if everything goes nice and I get enough free time ^^.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2005 22:40
Why you can't play my game?

My newer version of my RPG engine , is working perfect to me.

In Winxp and in win98. What is the problem?

What Directx you have?

How can I solve your problem?

How can I manage my game work to your computer?

Try to download my game and put it in other computer.

Might there is a problem in your computer.

Try to download DirectX 9c

Try to Ugrade your windows.

Try some service pack 2

I don't know try to see my game in other computer.

In Other Graphics card?

What graphics card you have?

My future networks , will work , because it is in windows and DarkBasic.

The RPG is in C++ and Dos.

hmmm.

Do you have any Visual Pc programm to make Visual pc?

My game (Future networks) is in Greek for now.

When the demo is ready , I will translate in English.

Thank you very much......
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Why you can't play my game?"

All I get is a black screen.

Quote: "My newer version of my RPG engine , is working perfect to me.

In Winxp and in win98. What is the problem?"

Same thing: Black screen, nothing happens.

Quote: "What Directx you have?"

9.0c

Quote: "How can I solve your problem?"

Giving me a video card as christmas gift? LOL, really I don't know, could be the libraries you're using, graphics routine, no idea.

Quote: "Try to download my game and put it in other computer."

I don't have another one :/

Quote: "Might there is a problem in your computer."

There is one: Money.

Quote: "Try to download DirectX 9c

Try to Ugrade your windows."

Done both

Quote: "Try some service pack 2"

I have it -_-'

Quote: "In Other Graphics card?"

Don't have any other. My motherboard has no AGP slot so I can't use any AGP video card.

Quote: "Do you have any Visual Pc programm to make Visual pc?"

Virtual PC? I think so... a trial though. If you're talking about Visual C++ 6.0 though, I have it, but I do not have the enough disk space to install it.

Quote: "When the demo is ready , I will translate in English."

Can't wait, lol .

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 20:26
I will sent you files of my game seperate , because
its little big.

Do you have free space in your e-mail?

You will receive some flash files , some music files
and one darkbasic exe file to see my game.

Your Problem is you graphics card. You need one graphics card.

At least Ge-Force 5200. I thing it costs about 50 Euros.

You said your Motherboard does not use AGP. So you need
a Motherboard compatible with your memory and your cpu to supports
AGP slot.

hmmm. This is a problem , because allmost any new game will not
play in your computer. And any game In DarkBasic Pro , will be
with poor graphics.

My game was created with OPEN-GL graphics and your video card , does not support OPEN-GL and might be some Direct 3d , TTL and other effects.

You can only play , software rendering without billinear and TTL effects.

I will sent you my game (Future Networks) This will be work in your
computer , because is Direct 3D not OPEN-GL.

But the other game will not work. I have arked you to try play my game in other computer. Do you have other friend with computer?

Try to play the game there.

http://www.geocities.com/takis76/rpg.zip

The older version.
bigger game...

http://www.geocities.com/takis76/lands.zip

The newer version
smaller game....

Both in very early stages.

I will try to upload the future networks game here.

Download Future networks from here. (Tell me if you like it)

Greek so far.

And I have post you two link in 2 versions of my RPG engine.

I hope you manage play all of my games.

Attachments

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2005 20:37
I have an Idea.

If you have paypal , I will sent you 50Euros to buy one

Ge-Force 5200.

Wait untill Jenuary and I will sent you 50 Euros.

You only need to buy one compatible motherboard with your RAM and CPU so you are not neccesary to buy whole computer.

Motherboard + CPU + RAM + CASE + POWER SUPPLY + VGA = a lot of money.
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I will sent you files of my game seperate , because
its little big.
Do you have free space in your e-mail?"

Sure, send away if not, I have a secondary e-mail account I use for storage where you can send too. Both are Yahoo, with about 2Gb free each one, so there's no problem with it .

Quote: "Your Problem is you graphics card. You need one graphics card.
At least Ge-Force 5200. I thing it costs about 50 Euros."

Heck, that's EXPENSIVE where I live, you know? X_X

Quote: "You said your Motherboard does not use AGP. So you need
a Motherboard compatible with your memory and your cpu to supports
AGP slot.

hmmm. This is a problem , because allmost any new game will not
play in your computer. And any game In DarkBasic Pro , will be
with poor graphics."

Yep, it is a problem, and most games don't work on my computer, sadly , I can't even program in DBP, when I update to 5.8, compiling in debug mode crashes, and I can't use shaders or anything fancy, thus why I'm stuck with DBC at the moment.

Quote: "My game was created with OPEN-GL graphics and your video card , does not support OPEN-GL and might be some Direct 3d , TTL and other effects.

You can only play , software rendering without billinear and TTL effects."

That's correct. It -barely- has the basic OpenGL stuff (as Windows XP needs OpenGL for the screensavers) but just that, nothing else, no TTL, hardware T&L or Shaders support.

Quote: "I will sent you my game (Future Networks) This will be work in your
computer , because is Direct 3D not OPEN-GL."

Ah! nice to hear that , Direct 3D is compatible here

Quote: "But the other game will not work. I have arked you to try play my game in other computer. Do you have other friend with computer?"

Not really, the high school friends I have are too dumb to own a computer with high specs, some don't even have... I could try in a Cyber/Internet Café (LAN House, whatever you call them there) that allows me to download and test, but that's the maximum thing I can try to do, if it doesn't works here yet.

Quote: "http://www.geocities.com/takis76/rpg.zip

The older version.
bigger game...

http://www.geocities.com/takis76/lands.zip

The newer version
smaller game....

Both in very early stages.

I will try to upload the future networks game here.

Download Future networks from here. (Tell me if you like it)"

Sure! downloading right now

Quote: "Greek so far."

Don't worry, I've given tech support to Chinese Windows so xD (not like I know the language)

Quote: "And I have post you two link in 2 versions of my RPG engine.

I hope you manage play all of my games."

Well, Future Networks seemed to run ok, at least it didn't crash (like most DBP games I try here), took like 30 seconds for the HD to start working after the black screen appeared (eh, I'm at 1280 x 1024 x 16 bits/60Hz, so it's logical it was slow), but then I got an error like this one:

What could have been wrong?

RPG.ZIP throws this, after I press the Space Bar once I get the black screen:

I'm native Spanish-speaker, so what does it says is...
"Error in memory allocation, Cannot find COMMAND, system halt"

The LANDS.ZIP though... I must say... I'M IMPRESSED, whoah, I didn't expected it to be that good, the graphics rock, I'm amazed how were you able to recreate the same dungeon rendering type, as in, placing all the sprites together so it looks all 3D, I like it really . The music rocks too, from where you got that version? or it's the way you're playing it? either way, sounds really cool . It seemed to run real fast here, just like the Lands of Lore game speed, no slowdowns at all .
You asked me how did I manage to do the rotation though, in my game, it's by rotating the camera, but for your game's case, you can capture the view you already have, and scroll it to the side you're gonna go, like, if you're turning to the right, create a sprite based on what the character views, move it to the left, and draw the next view, that should do the trick, and it's very noticeable how it's done in Lands of Lore if you watch closely and try to fall down a pit on one of the caves, you'll see the view scrolls upwards, so it gives the sensation of falling, that's what I mean . Nice footstep sounds, too .

The editor seems to be a Visual Basic project... I'll have to install it for testing, but either way, you're going real nice on there . Keep it up!

Quote: "I have an Idea.

If you have paypal , I will sent you 50Euros to buy one

Ge-Force 5200.

Wait untill Jenuary and I will sent you 50 Euros.

You only need to buy one compatible motherboard with your RAM and CPU so you are not neccesary to buy whole computer.

Motherboard + CPU + RAM + CASE + POWER SUPPLY + VGA = a lot of money."

Yep, lots of money, but dude, if you really do that, you'll end up being my Santa Claus, LOL!.

Paypal doesn't has support for my country yet, sadly , but if you have AIM, Yahoo or MSN we can talk about how you could send it more privately, as here it's like, way too public XD. But really, if you would do that... just say I won't be able to find a way to repay you, as it's just PLAIN AWESOME !! Oh man, I'm SO happy XD!

Finding the motherboard won't be that much of a problem, I can try to sell my board and get maybe a new one, for the last days of December or the month of January, of the same specifications but with AGP slot, or a bit lower, but with the card it'll go as fast as hell . Yep, getting a new one is =way= too much money x_X.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 21:53
Hi my friend again

Thank you very very much for your opinion about my RPG.

Lands is the same version of RPG rpg.zip
Forget about rpg.zip. It will never play in your computer.

Do not have enough memory or vga-memory.
So the game crashes.

Lands played.

Try to find Visual Basic and run the editor and create some mazes.

The rpg.zip version is better but is not playing in your computer.

In RPG.zip try it in some internet caffe , there are working
everithings

Doors are working
Keyholes are working
Inventory is working
Spells are working
Has monsters - Battle and AI
Takes experience points
Traps working
Music working
All effects is working.
Chests are working
Torch is working

The Lands.zip is newer and is most compatible to most computers.
But is in very early stages. I will remake it in DBPro.

If you will se RPG.zip will be more impressed.

About my future networkg I fix the error about IMAGE NOT FOUND

I didn't put one image to media.

I put the image in the media and I recompile.

I upload the newer version.

Some instructions before you play.

Do it manual for now , but I will create some installer.

I fix a lot of things , I played my game in one small computer with
bad graphics card and with smaller cpu.

My game was bad , everything mess up.

First:

In the newer version there is one font file "quartz2222.ttf"

This need to be installed manually in your windows fonts directory.

So , My computer -> control panel -> fonts -> install new fonts ->
goto game directory and them select the font.

Then you need to change your DESKTOP resolution.

If you have 15 inch or 17 inch monitor you can change your RESOLUTION
to 1152x864

I don't know you but I realized this just now. I have the same problem in my computer. I fact I change the game resolution on the fly , but DESKTOP resolution does not affects the Games' resolution.

The game works in 800x600. I don't know why is this happened.

I will try to play my game in window mode. This is a problem.

I will find something.

The run the game. And allmost will run correct.

Tell me your opinion.

You said Paypal does not hupports your country yet.

Where are you from?

Do you have some bank account to send you 50 euro?

I have post the newer file here , download f.rar

About the engine , I will tell you how my engine is working.

But your engine is very good.

About the graphics. There is no other Lands of lore version or other
Eye or the Beholder version.

All graphics are recreated with paint program.

some graphics where from other games , but all completely
re-decorate.

I am not working on this project. But After future networks
I want to work about this.

And I want to create an RPGCreator.

Attachments

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 19:54
I forgot something.

Its not necessary to repay me.

I want to help you to make this perfect game.

Create your game , and give it to me. I want to play.

Another one Lands of Lore. I want to live the old good
golden years of RPG gaming.

I am a freak fun of :
Eye of the Beholder 1-2-3
Lands of Lore 1
Dungeon Master 1-2
Dungeon Hack
Dungeon Master Java and other Eob and Lands remakes.

Or we can create the
RPGCreator together.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 19:20
Merry christmass....
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi my friend again

Thank you very very much for your opinion about my RPG.

Lands is the same version of RPG rpg.zip
Forget about rpg.zip. It will never play in your computer.

Do not have enough memory or vga-memory.
So the game crashes.
"

Ohh, I see... heh, no wonder why .

Quote: "Try to find Visual Basic and run the editor and create some mazes."

I'm on it

Quote: "The rpg.zip version is better but is not playing in your computer.

In RPG.zip try it in some internet caffe , there are working
everithings

Doors are working
Keyholes are working
Inventory is working
Spells are working
Has monsters - Battle and AI
Takes experience points
Traps working
Music working
All effects is working.
Chests are working
Torch is working
"

I'll try as soon as they open again after christmas vacations xD, but hey, that's a lot already done!

Quote: "The Lands.zip is newer and is most compatible to most computers.
But is in very early stages. I will remake it in DBPro.

If you will se RPG.zip will be more impressed.
"

I bet I will

Quote: "If you have 15 inch or 17 inch monitor you can change your RESOLUTION
to 1152x864
"

My video card doesn't supports that as desktop resolution though (but in some games it kinda works), so I'll try 800x600, 1024x768 or 1280x1024

Quote: "I don't know you but I realized this just now. I have the same problem in my computer. I fact I change the game resolution on the fly , but DESKTOP resolution does not affects the Games' resolution.

The game works in 800x600. I don't know why is this happened.

I will try to play my game in window mode. This is a problem.

I will find something.

The run the game. And allmost will run correct.

Tell me your opinion.
"

Yep, that setting in DBPro makes the game run at any resolution because it uses the desktop's resolution, though, its speed decreases sometimes by a 30-70% of the original speed, that's why it's better to set a video mode, let the user choose, or play it windowed , you'll gain LOTS of speed, trust me .

Well, I don't know if there's more, but after waiting 5+ minutes I guess not. I ran the game, played very well, at least the intro/menu (if that's what you only have there) at the wonderful (lol!) speed of 4-5 FPS XD... yeah, lame, I know, but it worked. The music's really nice and the graphics too, if you really draw them, I'm impressed, heh, it also reminds me of the Starcraft interface... dunno, must be that metal+circuits theme . Either way, very good

Quote: "You said Paypal does not hupports your country yet.

Where are you from?

Do you have some bank account to send you 50 euro?
"

I'll answer those two questions in an e-mail that must be in your inbox by the time you read this .

Quote: "About the engine , I will tell you how my engine is working.

But your engine is very good."

Hehe nice, and yay, thanks

Quote: "About the graphics. There is no other Lands of lore version or other
Eye or the Beholder version.

All graphics are recreated with paint program.

some graphics where from other games , but all completely
re-decorate. "

I see... wow, for redecorating them, you're really great, lol, they looked so good I thought you grabbed them from another game, 'cause that's quality . I'm using different methods for re-creating the textures though, as I'm not a good 2D artist, the 3D compensates that for me so I "bake" textures out of 3D geometry

Quote: "I am not working on this project. But After future networks
I want to work about this.

And I want to create an RPGCreator."

That's something big, but seeing what you've been done already, I guess it won't be that hard for you, heh

Quote: "I forgot something.

Its not necessary to repay me.

I want to help you to make this perfect game.

Create your game , and give it to me. I want to play."

Wow... you're awesome xD, and sure I shall give it to you, why shouldn't I?

Quote: "Another one Lands of Lore. I want to live the old good
golden years of RPG gaming.

I am a freak fun of :
Eye of the Beholder 1-2-3
Lands of Lore 1
Dungeon Master 1-2
Dungeon Hack
Dungeon Master Java and other Eob and Lands remakes."

Same here , I never played the Dungeon series, but the Eye of the Beholder series were very good, it's hard to find games like those actually, except, maybe, Dungeons and Dragons for PC/X-box, but else... gotta go OldSchool, and it's nice to create the games you used to play and improve them - overall if they're your favorite . Lol, it's good to meet someone who has played the same games you did before !

Quote: "Or we can create the
RPGCreator together. "

That too, if you wish . I want to try to finish Lands of Lore though, or at least, see how far I can get.

Quote: "Merry christmass...."

Merry christmas to you too! and to everyone! yay!

And just for the hell of it... here's a "behind-the-cameras" screenshot (lol) of a redesign of the Gladstone walls texture, I like this one better, and I'm gonna end up using it as the final texture .
http://img478.imageshack.us/full.php?image=lolwip27tb.jpg

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 14:21
Perfect you have made a perfect wall square with 3D Studio Max

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I Know little about 3D Studio. Could you have some tutorial.

Or can you create a Tutorial to learn how to create my own walls.

You have managed to create a perfect wall , with equal four sides
in 3d. In my engine I have 2D images.

Your Engine is tottally 3D. Wowwwwww

I thing my next version of my rpg (Lands of Lore remake) will be in 3D.

Hmmmmm. Very interesting. I have purchased many monsters and will be
perfect to have a very good dungeon , with light effects , torches on the walls , One perfect round staircase which leads down to the
Dracula's Dungeons.

Hmmmmm. A very good story about this Remake. In fact not Lands of Lore story.

The new story will take place in (Ravenloft and Forgotten Realms)
THE DARK GOTHIC RPG WORLD.

Hmmmmmm.

In my story , there are 2 charachters and they are a special
bodyguards of the king.

But last night a message came to the king.
In the near kingdome some orc attack where happened and you must
go and investigate the place.

The first level , Will be the Kings Castle. This is your home.

From there you are collect some food , armour and magic items for your journey. You descide to visite the place.

After you leave your Castle , you are in the forrest.

Do you have graphics , for the forrest?
I have Forrest graphics in 2D from Eob 2.

In the forrest , The Fist Level of the adventure you will kill
some wolfs , bears and other forrest animals.

The forrest is a little maze , with automap , you will find the way
to approach to the other kingdome. (Other Castle) to the near territory , when you have got closer to the Castle , you will be attacked by orcs.

But when you enter to the castle (Second Level of your Adventure)
you will be atracted by a freaky and creapy place.

This is similar to the roland manor from Lands of Lore.
The level of the roland manor from Lands of Lore is very small.

This might be changed in my rpg.

The level 2 (The other attacked castle by orcs) will have , 4 floors
AND 2 underground dungeons.

Your goad is to find the owner of the caste who is hiden to protected by orc how , try to find him and kill him.

When you solve all puzzles of second level and rich the second
dungeon you will , discover a secret wall and you will find the
hostage king. (the owner) I don't have decide yet.
His is allmost dead and he gives you information about his castle
attack and in fact , in not Orcs attack , orcs came there , after
the attack to collect and steal artifacts and treasures.
Orcs does not responsible about this attack. And you anderstand
there is other dark power not the orcs who made this destruction.

The other power is more powerfull than the orcs. After these informations he dies and one piece of rune-stone drops from his hand.

You take the rune-stone and other treasures from there and start your
journey to return to your castle.

When you arrive back to your castle , you see your castle destructed
by orcs again but your king is missing. Your Castle is Level 3...

This is a short intro of my RPG story.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 14:32
About future networkos

When the game starts I prefer at least 1280x1024 , I will change
the newer version of Future networks , I will put fixed resolution
not desktop.

There is a sattelite monitor on the top left corner of interface.

Might be this appeared. This monitor is a button press it.
It is a flash small movie.

and tell me what you see.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2006 17:03
it's a land of lore remake but ... this :

came from "Eye of the beholder" is my reminds are exacts

Otherwise, the game look really cool and really near to the original one

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 19:03
I the my Land Remake , I will put many similar portals like
Eye of the Beholder.

Do you like my reconstructed portal?
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2006 21:23
yes they seem good :p

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 13:02
I you are interested to download and see my older version of my
rpg Lands of Lore remake then
download my game from there.

http://www.geocities.com/takis76/rpg.zip

If you like it , or if you don't manage to work with it ,
tell me to send you one other version little newer
because this version is for dos.

I will recreate this game in DarkBasic Professional when I learn
it very very well.

Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2006 18:16
in DOS ???
well .. It may not work on Windows XP

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2006 15:54
It is working , im my windows XP working but it goes slowly

Try to select dark.exe press right mouse button
properties , on tab compatibility select windows98 compatibility
press aply , ok

then run the game.

It will play.

If it will not play again , I will send you other version.

Thank you very very much. (Direct x windows version)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 14:26:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 14:26:19