Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Truespace 3 to Lithunwrap Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 00:08
Hey, can anyone come up with a solution to this. When you take a small chunk out of an object in truespace 3 with the object subtraction tool, and then save it as a .cob file, it doesnt show up like it should in lithunwrap, it shows all flickery where you cut the chunk out and if you save it then the chunk is completely filled in when you load it into DBC. I would save it as a .ASC file out of truespace but that format doesnt have a UV map so I cant texture it.

Thanks, ill provide screenshots if you want.
Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 03:10
sure provide screenies... sounds like it doesn't like non-solids to me

but i remember 1.0-1.2 being oki with them
not a big fan of Lith though

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 16:52
I reckon when you save to ASC or other export formats,Lithunwrap annoys you with it's error message claiming the object has no material information or mapping coordinates....Just don't take notice of it,even if Lith only displays a small dot in the top-left corner...That is your object.

Just 'select all' using groups or faces selection and apply a mapping of your choice then eveything should be fine.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 18:08

Thanks actarus, I should have just tested that one out. Here are the screenshots raven and the diagram below is just incase you didnt understand my "small chunk explanation".

Thanks

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 18:09
Oh yeah, its alamp that should be hollowed out in the head so you can see the bulb (there is one if I zoom in close enough).

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 19:12
Maybe you can try making a new spherical shape(maybe also using a bit less polys ) and cut it in half,then just select the flat group of faces and sweep it inside then just scale them down a bit so it fits together nicely.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2003 21:13
Yeah, thanks, its one of my first attempts at making a proper model so the poly count is quite high (2088) well, I think thats very high, for a lamp! But it has been triangulated. IN future I will try and watch the polycount.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 00:45
looks like overlapping faces to me...
if that is suppose to be hollow then thats LithUnwraps problem and i'd contact the author about it - not really alot we can do to help that.

It is suppose to be filled and everything, i'd make sure that all the faces are flipped the right way (and preferably triangled)

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 17:39
Ive got it working by using .ASC format instead. I dont really know what you meant in your last sentence raven, what is meant to be filled, and what is and how do you 'flip faces'? Sorry, but I really dont know much about modelling. Thanks.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 18:22
why are you exporting to ASC format first?
LithUnwrap used to support pre-4.3 COBs - pretty sure 1.3+ supports 4.3 as well

i've not used trueSpace in ages - so i can't remember where the control is ... but a flipped face is one where you can see the backface - its kinda like an addition face living in the same space as another, you can either delete or flip (exporting formats oftenly causes from trueSpace unless you trianglate them first)

attention is kinda torn right now, i'll go into a deeper explaination later.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 12:09:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 12:09:41