Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / gunspec.txt

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2005 20:21 Edited at: 30th Oct 2005 21:11
I've been looking at the gunspec.txt file for all the weapons. It seems this is where you actually modify the weapon for things like rate of fire, if it is a projectile weapon, damage done, etc. Is there a resource somewhere that fully explains this file? I notice there is a field for flak, I assume this determines if it is a projctile weapon or not. What I am hoping to do is create my own weapon that simulates a bb gun. It has to fire automatic, but the bb's must bounce off objects. You must be able to see the bbs also. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:
Ok, I figured it out. If you add the flak field to to an automatic weapon, say the mp40, and use the bazooka flakspec.txt, you can have a fully automatic bazooka! Also, if you change the script throwspeed entry for the bazooka, it will speed up or slow down the projectiles. Rate of fire I don't know how to change though, I betting it has something to do with gun type. So, if I just make a new image file for a bb, I can just copy the bazooka spec file and make it a bb file, and then point the gunspec flak field to this new file. Very nice, looks like it will do exactly as I hoped! Now, if they will just send me my download link...heheh..
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2005 21:01
the bb has to be a model, not an image...

Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2005 21:09
yes, I just saw that there is an .x file for the bazooka ammo...so, I just need to make a sphere, I guess, in Max and export to .x file. thanks.
wdc studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2005 20:39 Edited at: 31st Oct 2005 20:41
if you figure out how to make the bb bounce could you share tht because I wanted to make my rocket gun have bouncing missles on some levels for shooting around corners and to help me make the levels more puzzle like.
I think rate of fire is controled in entity edit mode

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:37:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:37:53