Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Planning to buy, have some questions first.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 00:23
Hi, I am planning to buy FPSC, but the demo has me a bit confused, so I hope you don't mind me asking some questions.

Does the compiled game have a main menu function?

Can you edit the main menu?

How many players does Multiplayer support?

Can you write your own AI scripts and alter existing AI?

Can you set how much damage an enemy takes before dying?

Can you adjust how much damage a weapon does?

Can you assign which weapon goes on what keyboard number?

Can you alter physics (gravity) speed up the player, make jumps
longer. Speed up enemy movement. If you can is this a global effect that applys to the whole game? or just the level you have loaded?

In the compiled game do you have access to an options/save/load menu?

Can you add your own weapon effects?

Does FPSC support EAX and 24-bit audio?

Does FPSC support video cut scenes/ model scripting and acting scenes?

Can you add extra key functions such as P for Punch or K for Kick?

Can you add extra moves to player and enemies such as duck and roll, leap sideways, spin kick, block, and other meele attacks such as sword stabs, blocks, thrusts etc? (obviousally I know i'd have to setup the animation myself)

And finally what would the minmum specs for any compiled game be based on models and enviroments with 512x512 textures? What are the hardware requirements for a finished game?

Run before you can walk, always raise the stakes higher, always keep moving, because you never know who's catching up.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 00:38
Next time number them..... makes it easier to answer

Does the compiled game have a main menu function? Yes, but it's a simple one, you can add to it if you want to.

Can you edit the main menu? Yes

How many players does Multiplayer support? up to 8

Can you write your own AI scripts and alter existing AI?

Can you set how much damage an enemy takes before dying? Yes

Can you adjust how much damage a weapon does? Yes

Can you assign which weapon goes on what keyboard number? Yes

In the compiled game do you have access to an options/save/load menu? No

Does FPSC support video cut scenes/ model scripting and acting scenes? Yes, but, video cutscenes and singe still screens (render for example) only

Can you add extra key functions such as P for Punch or K for Kick? No, as far as I know.

And finally what would the minmum specs for any compiled game be based on models and enviroments with 512x512 textures? What are the hardware requirements for a finished game?
Window XPHome / XP Pro
Pentium 4,2.66 Ghz (or equivalent)
1GBRAM
DirectX 9.0c
DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound Card
DirectX 9.0 compatible Mouse and Keyboard
DirectX 9.0 compatible Video Card (3D Hardware Accelerated) with
at least 128MBof memory

Be inovative and creative.... don't create a fps with FPSC.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 01:30 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2005 01:31
Does the compiled game have a main menu function? yes

Can you edit the main menu? yes

How many players does Multiplayer support? currently 8 im told although iv never needed to attempt more

Can you write your own AI scripts and alter existing AI? yes

Can you set how much damage an enemy takes before dying? yes

Can you adjust how much damage a weapon does? yes

Can you assign which weapon goes on what keyboard number? yes

Can you alter physics (gravity) speed up the player, make jumps
longer. Speed up enemy movement. If you can is this a global effect that applys to the whole game? or just the level you have loaded? the pyshics engine does allow you to change the wieght ect on all object in the game but not on the player but by making objects a certain weight it means you cna pick them up push them i think there are ways to make low gravity you would have to look it up

In the compiled game do you have access to an options/save/load menu? no options software can be written by you, i myself have done so and save and load arnt possible yet but the riker 9 update will allow saving and loading

Can you add your own weapon effects? yes

Does FPSC support EAX and 24-bit audio? if your tlaking about 3D sound yes it does althoguh i think it is buggy and is currently being fixed if you mean echo effects not that i know of

Does FPSC support video cut scenes/ model scripting and acting scenes? it supports video cut scene through story zone and i think you may be able to script some sort of cut scene although you cna never take control of the camera and im not sure you cna take away control from the player either

Can you add extra key functions such as P for Punch or K for Kick?
I dont think so but with some work you could set up kicking and punching as one of the weapons

Can you add extra moves to player and enemies such as duck and roll, leap sideways, spin kick, block, and other meele attacks such as sword stabs, blocks, thrusts etc? (obviousally I know i'd have to setup the animation myself) Not at this point in time because the actions are wht they are you then decided which keys to assign these to

Thanks
Adam
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 05:08
Thats the wrong specs .

I may not be good in school, may not hae had a girl for a while, ma not had a social life in years, BUT I"M STILL THE ONLY ONE IN SCHOOL WHO KNOWS HOW TO MAKE GAMES!!!

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2005 08:03
Those are the recommended specs according to the manual and the website https://www.fpscreator.com/sysreq.html. You can go lower but if you're going to create a complete game, with lot's of enemies, items, shaders and dynamic lights, you're going to need a machine with those specs.

Try project luna or sos urban shadows on a minumun requirements pc and it will be no fun to play at all. It's already slow on my machine and I'm close to the recommended specs. Project luna doesn't even use 512x512 textures yet.

Be inovative and creative.... don't create a fps with FPSC.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 20:25:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 20:25:40