Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question about FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 02:06
I have not tried this product yet but will download the demo and give it a try. I have been reading the forums and website and it looks really interesting.

I don't expect to put out a game with this for quite some time but this question is just something I was wondering about.

If you made a game with FPSC and were selling it from your website is there a way to make it hard to copy? I know that copy protection can be cracked and hacked but if you are selling your product from a website I'm sure you don't want to sell one and have 10 of the guys friends copy it. I would rather sell to those 10 guys also, so is there a way to copy protect your work?
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 02:23
uh.... i dont know.

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 03:48
Well I'm using the demo now and every time I test a level then exit using the escape key the program freezes up and I have to exit and start over.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 11:51 Edited at: 5th Nov 2005 11:54
I only used the demo a few times, but that never happened to me (I've obviously got the full version now, but once again I've never had a lockup deleting test level). Some people experience really long times to delete a test level, but mine only take a few seconds. I don't think I've ever had a problem like that.

Oh, and there is no inbuilt copy protection. You'll need an external program.

EDIT: It may be because the demo uses a special executable to test.

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 14:07
Well I played around with the demo last night and ordered the program. I'm now waiting for the download information to come. They said 24 hours.

Is the download version the same as the cd version? Does it have all the same media as the cd version.

I think it is good that they let you get the downloaded version until the cd comes. Do they do that with all the products now?
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 14:43
They do not do that with all programs to my knowledge.

And yes, the download version has every byte of information that the CD has. The CD is really only there if you can't download the massive file or if you want the nice little box (or a backup).

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 15:00
I'm guessing thst since I ordered Friday night I will not get the download info until Monday or Tuesday?
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 16:49
Since TGC only works on business hours and days, you are correct. Me, I'm waiting for the download for the print manual. I just have difficulty using the PDF and working at the same time. That and it's personal preference--I can read the FPSC print manual anywhere, whereas with the PDF I'm stuck at my computer.
Dragonslayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 19:09
I thought a printed manual came with the cd?
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 21:21
OK, my mistake. I must not have looked hard enough.

Yeah, FPSPack looks pretty cool. Once I actually release something I'm going to take a look at it in action.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 20:20:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 20:20:28