Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Minimum Requirements

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was wondering what the minumum requirements for this software are? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 11:45 Edited at: 5th Nov 2005 11:47
It's amazing what you'll find on the main website

https://www.fpscreator.com/sysreq.html

By the way, you accidentely posted two *nearly* identical threads. Try not to press the "Post Thread" button twice .

EDIT: Admittedly, it wasn't out in the open. I just did a Google search for 'FPS Creator - System Requirements' and that did the trick.

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 16:01
Your Intel(R)82845G gpu is gonna have a terrible time trying to run any type of complex level made in FPSC.. but then again even fast machines have a hard enough time with FPSC as it is just way to slow.

Although I have found FPSC not to be all that machine spec dependent.. (I have tested the same level on diffrent machines with little or no performance change)

For making small and closed in levels with not very much open areas then your machine should run just fine.. but don't be dissapointed if you have a hard time running some of the more complex demos and levels that are out there, cuz we are all experiencing slowdowns..

HH
Hobbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh thanks I didn't see that.
Well I can run the demo just fine with no lag or anything. Hmmm this made me think about buying it or not. Should I just wait till I get my new pc? Which will be MONTHS away from today. It's cause not too long ago I bought Counter Strike Source and I didn't look at the minimum requirements and it lagged and I can't return it .

When you say, "more complex demos and levels" What exactly makes them more complex? The number of items, walls, etc? or the size of the map.
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
all of those factors would make a difference

Thanks
Adam
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 00:55 Edited at: 6th Nov 2005 00:56
All of those; wide open areas mean the engine has to draw more polygons, and a bunch of dynamic entities in one area mean they have to constantly check that the player hasn't done something with them. If you're going to have big levels, put lots of corridors/small rooms in. Computers will fair better.

And Harry, I don't know about that. FPSC doesn't run slow on all computers, especially mine. I still can't make 40*40 areas, for obvious reasons, but I can have pretty big areas without to much trouble (I don't have a top-of-the-line PC, either). Also, if you thought this is bad, you should have seen the EA .

EDIT: Didn't see your post, Storm. It took me 3 mins to write that !

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 02:59
@jiffy.. what i meant was in comparison to commercial games and such. Going from 40-50 fps in games like Doom 3 and Half Life 2 at max settings to a terribly sluggish outdoor level in FPSC can be alittle dissapointing at first. A complex outdoor level in FPSC is gonna run crappy no matter the system. Some people who buy FPSC dont really have a clue of the limitations of this engine.. like me lol. I learned the hard way

but anyway.. back to the topic

hobbit, if you can run the demo fine then your in good shape.. and if i was in your shoes.. i wouldn't wait. FPSC is much to enjoyable eventhough it isn't perfect. And you could always just reinstall FPSC in the new computer and transfer over your work. just my two cents
Hobbit
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice guys, I think I won't wait and buy it now. Plus we're selling the house and I'm getting a new computer (I hope).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:23:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:23:02