Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / _virtual.dat

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Hi all.

I have some question about the _virtual.dat

When you exit an dbpro program in not a normally way , i think you already know that you can have all the media and _virtual.dat in the temp directory.

So i have use the RGT.zip tools dll in order to save my media but what is my surprise when i look at the end of the _virtual.dat there is all the password of the command from rgt.zip tools.

example :

data\loading.olp loading800.ddso

this is the zip file i use loading. olp , and _virtual.dat list all the files in loading.olp , it is not really embarrassing but just after we have :

JFae,opnfZeuiPob9ze.ibfz:uipfbzeUip8bzeuip.Ns0f3feizo_fzeioPfjzemfdj+kofJ2iopefhuz_ifhZe1ib-huizeoGhu,zeuiAhz7uiaz*duIaz1234567

yes , my password without encryption , read only by a mere notepad.

What is the point in protecting media with a zip password if i can find the password in the _virtual.dat.

I can delete the _virtual.dat at the beginning of the program , but it is accessible before i do that , so it is not totally secure.

Anyone have a solution for this ?

Thanks anyway "

i post it in the darkbasic pro thread but it seems i need to post it there
re faze
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 16:51
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2005 17:46
The compiler does not change strings, you'll have to write your own encrypt/decrypt function.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:32:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:32:56