Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A new "I want fog" thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, like the title says "I want fog"..I've noticed that it's never worked, so it must be something they just left out.

Just imagine the sort of intense feeling we could give our games if the fog actually worked.

Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, it does..but it only has a fog that goes on the ground..but i want a foggy level where you can't see whats coming and looks very mysterious.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 17:59
Someone, please...

okay, fog is a semi-transparent entity that builds up over distance. So... encase the plr in a fog room, and have it follow him.... although I think it might make his weapons usless.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 19:22
Merranvo, sorry to say so, but that isn't the solution at all! That is just a work around, it will not take care of the bug at all. Work arounds are great for now, but in the end the bug needs fixing.

Fog is a feature of FPSC and it isn't working at all, as confirmed by many users. We just want to see this feature working.

I agree with Krazykris, it's broken, so it needs to be fixed.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 00:03
Actually... it never existed.
I don't think that lee ever implemented it, so it isn't broken, just imcomplete.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 00:09 Edited at: 7th Nov 2005 00:14
Well, then it needs to be created... after all it's in the Build Game options, that makes it a feature of FPSC.

Perhaps TGC should answer this one, we as users can speculate if it has or hasn't been there at all, but only they would know for sure.

Very weird to put in an option that has never ever been there, that just doesn't make sense at all. So I higly doubt that it never existed.

Besides to release a product that has gone through extensive testing and leaving options for a never existing or implemented feature is very sloppy. Someone must have noticed (and tried it) during testing..... so I'll stick to a broken feature until TGC tells me otherwise.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 04:10
TGC have been asked to comment on this previously recently as the issue is brought up consistently. Not many comments are forthcoming from TGC on features which users ask for, that does not seem to be the way it works. We all just have to wait and see.

As it stands fog does not and never has worked - it has never been included as a working feature - so we dont have it and should not expect to see it. FPSC is as it stands now until TGC decide to develop it further and we wont know if thats ever happening until theres an official announcement on FPSC future development if ones forthcoming. As we have no indication as to any timimg of any further development we wait and in my case at least just get on with it.

Workarounds if they can be found are not the real answer for many things as they rarely replace effectively inclusion into an engine of real features, however waiting for something that may never happen is a long procedure with no progress for your game.

Unfortunately one could concievably waste a lot of time trying to find workarounds to things that may eventually find their way into FPSC so if you have something you need and its not available you might be best getting on with those things you can do and go back to things later on and include them if and when available or workarounds are you only other option.

Certainly personally as I need so many things in my game that FPSC does not have or provide for by default I have so much to do creating a great deal of content including many workarounds that fog for instance for which there does not seem to be an easy workaround - if any at all - it can wait.

Fog never got implimented I guess as with many things because there was just not enough time to get the work done to include it. When beta testing V1 I never saw fog included - and no one had the time even to consider it - there were far more important show stopping issues that TGC had to concern themselves with. A whole raft of non critical issues and features some that users now speak of as wishing were included could not be addressed - to do so would have delayed the release of FPSC for an unspecified time period and that was commercially unacceptable to TGC and not wanted by many, perhaps the majority of EA users at the time too.

Heres wishing all the best for the future...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:29:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:29:33