Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Why do entities just sit there?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
They work fine alone, come after you etc, but when I put them in groups they just stand there and do nothing. Once in a while one of them "wakes up" and comes after you for a little bit but once you're a little ways away, it stops. What's up with that?
kraM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 21:23
I've been working on that for weeks now and haven't found a fix or work around yet.

I'm finding that I spend more time trying to fix problems then I do with level devolpment.

Mark

If not for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
I try "always active" but it still does that.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2005 22:50
Post the enemy type... probally when they are in groups they can't see you so don't attack.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 00:42
I have noticed this also.. i even filled a small room with 10 enemies and walked right into the middle of them and nothing happened.. only one enemy faced me and began to shoot after a few seconds. The rest of them just sat there and only reacted if i began to shoot them. Messing around with diffrent AI scripts and settings didnt help at all..
daihiey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 01:49
man...has any realised all the problems with FPSC? but really same 4 me

i make RPGs and FPSs
be nice to noobs, but if they ask how to make a wall smash with a TV!!!
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
...Actually I didn't save the map with "always active" on. When I replayed it with all the enemies at this setting, they seemed to work more normally. Make sure you have that turned on for your bad guys.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 22:22
Okay, it is because they can't see the plr, and thus won't shoot at him...

I am working with AI v 2.0 because the simplified 2.1.2 has accumulated so many errors in the transpher to v1.

Next Stop, breaking up croweds.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:13 Edited at: 7th Nov 2005 23:18
Is there anyway to make an enemy(alone) see the player from a longer distance away. Long range fighting really isn't much fun when the enemy has no idea what is shooting at him and just sits there taking bullet after bullet

Edit:

@Sinister, it is true that using always active helps somewhat but i have tried that with my "10 enemies in a small room" test and still got a very similiar reaction.. one or two enemies will face the player and shoot while everyone else sits around waiting to be shot at.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 00:22
Okay... right now I am really angry. I tested AI 2.0 and 2.1.2 with EA enough to tell that all aspects work... as of V1 hardly any of it works as it should, something is fouling things up.

:shotdamage=1:rotatetoplr,settarget,useweapon

but you may want to further add to that

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 17:45
As I said, this is a bug! Why not confirm it so this problem will be fixed..

Trust everyone...
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 22:23
Because it is not a bug... it is just bad scripting. And on my behalf, bad translating (I've been patching over the same program so many times that I may have caused my own errors)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:22:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:22:48