Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Fps creator.com

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:11
the fps creator fan page is in the dumps people! it was bought for us, made for us, and to be the one stop shop for us ( or freebie) AND WE SHUN IT! it is a nicly desighned web page just trying to get all this stuff on the forum into one spot. If you read the last post on the news, he is now sad...... I PROSOSE well acully, to just upload thing there and here, or have links on both sites, i mean, if all the media was in one, spot. It would save all the " does anyone have a blank" in conclusion, i say we put atleast a model or two in the site, i myself is going to see if i can upload my game, and write a totourial....... follow in my foot steps, promote the site, RESSUCECT IT FROM ITS ASHES INTO NEW FOUND GLORY!!!!!

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:22
I propose you post the link to the page.. that would help
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:25
Where is it?
custom media =

Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:29
RIGHT HERE IS THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.fpscreators.com/
btw whoever owns that site, i have a thing to upload, but yo uploading system confuses me... SO! ill upload it here... any one who nows how to upload please do, say that i did it though

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:35
What is this upload? A model? A script?

btw, calm down.

Mwahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:41
sorry, its a txt file explaining how to import cause ive just explained it twice in less that 24 hours

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 23:53
@flashing snall.... I do shun it indeed, there's nothing there at all and what is there isn't working.

The design looks great, but what good does an empty website do? Instead of putting it up like this, the owner should have gather enough content first and then set it up.

It's been empty and broken for as long as I keep an eye on FPSC (a couple of months now). As a website owner, you actively pursue content for the website as some others do around here and that works well.

That's simply my suggestion, fix the links, pursue content and then people will come and visit and others will submit stuff.

Give me a good reason why I as a visitor should come back to an empty website month after month?

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 00:21
uh... well hmmmm. i dont know. but if we put stuff on it, then it wonr be emtiy, he asked for media, and no one gave it to him, he just used the old stuff.... so like iu said we must upload stuff so it will life for once!

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 00:25
No... the site is just totally killed. He even said so on the main page. I would allow uploaded material, if I knew how (without allowing people to delete things), but self maintaining resource sites is gruesome. Reason why they fail.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 02:03
http://www.fpscreators.com/ Clickable link, why people don't do this is beyond me, come to think about it, lot's of things are beyond me.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 06:42
Yes, FPSCreators was not always like this...

It was originally owned by the addequately named "FPS Creators", who pioneered the site. It started off as a rather simple layout, but if you wanted to upload something, it was the place to go. FPS Creators could no longer pay for the website, it was given to "famdylan" (I think), and "FPS Creators" changed his name (now I believe it's "SkyCubes", but I may be wrong). "famdylan" reorganised the site to what it looks like now, and in the midst of the change accidentely deleted all of the content (which, by that time, was quite large). Not many people uploaded, as the process was in-built to the site and rather confusing. Eventually, "famdylan" could no longer pay, and then he offered to sell the site. After no offers came, he posted the rather grim remark that is on the page now (about how he's taking a different approach to giving it away).

A rather sad story that spans over something lie 6 months, but yeah. So it wasn't always bad, it just sort of plummeted. Hopefully some kind soul will bring FPS Creators back, and we will have a place to upload our 1337 games !

Merranvo... you're... God!?

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 08:49
I wonder what the cost is...

free hosting is never free.
http://projectlance.net/beta/
hosting. Cheap. Your never to young (unless under 16 in the US) to get Hosting!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 21:10
I would allow uploads, if I knew how...
(I only have a FTP access as of now, and I can't really change the password, or provide multiple.)

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 22:55
can you upload them, we could send it to you....

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 23:31
On a 56k? I think not. Currently Bullshox is the only other person to know what the pass is. I need brave volenteers who are trust worthy. Come forth to the ever torchure of sorting media.

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 22:33
As I said, Content Sites are good in concept, but flawed in reality.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 23:12
yes, so sad, what do you mean by come forth and tortue the media?

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 23:55
The ever tourcher of sorting media.

You know how long it takes to look though this fourm, download, upload, and add the content. 3min not counting download and upload time. And you have to continually do it. ARG.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:19:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:19:39