Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 19:45 Edited at: 8th Nov 2005 19:49
I've been so busy making custom models and addins for it I never really sat down and enjoyed making maps with it until the last couple days. We've all been talking a lot about the limitations, but within the limitations there are so many possibilities!

Man it's fun as hell! You can really get some great results with what's in there and I haven't even gotten into physics yet.

You know what I noticed. Making tools to make things is more a European thing than an American one. I mean it't true with music software and game making stuff. Is this true or is it just me?

Here's from a little scifi map I just threw together.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 22:34 Edited at: 8th Nov 2005 22:49
I'm still frustrated by no dynamic entities or projectile weapons in mp. You can make great maps, but still just one kind of multiplayer game. Same S%$#, different map. Like I said before you can have a rocket arena in Quake 1 in 1996, but not here. CTF anyone? It's nice you're happy with that one kind of mp game, but not everyone else is.

I do see what you mean though, I still have a lot of fun making the couple of MP maps already. I got one going "tommy's vs zombies" where on top in the graveyard are some british soldiers, and there are some stairs and open graves falling into an underground maze where the zombies come from. Great fun.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 23:49
I love FPSC too!!!

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 06:39
Wasn't FPSC written in DBPro which was written in MS C using DirectX. Seems to me a lot of Europeans are using American made tools to create their tools. Is that true or just me
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 08:38 Edited at: 9th Nov 2005 18:30
Quote: "Wasn't FPSC written in DBPro which was written in MS C using DirectX. Seems to me a lot of Europeans are using American made tools to create their tools. Is that true or just me"

VC++ isn't exactly an easy to use game making tool. It's a professional programming language which requires years of experience/education to master and was designed for a more esoteric and professional crowd.

I mean like affordable easy to use game making for the masses with little programming ability kind of things. Clickteam (France), TGC (UK), 3D Game Studio & PureBasic (Germany), Blitz is from New Zealand (Yeah I know it's not Europe, but you see the pattern here --where are the American game making tools?)

I found a really great game development kit for consoles available from a California based company and it cost $120K per licence. That's 120 zero zero zero. But you could design for like PS2 and stuff.

An analog of that in music development would be the American made ProTools (made first, costs thousands, made for pros) and the Belgium Fruity Loops or UK Making Waves which cost under a hundred and are used worldwide.

It reminds me of the way Rock and Roll developed partially as American Southern Gospel and Blues music (for a more select crowd) that was reflected back to us from the UK in the form of the 60s "British Invasion" more widely accessable.
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
I FPSC .

......And my girlfriend, I her more .

'Nuff said. Period.

Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
I love your girlfriend more too! jk
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 23:43
steals girlfriend and takes her off to ****.
Nuff Said.

FPSC Really becomes more powerful once you start editing segments. It is a terrible building program, (I HATE ROOMS) but when you concentrate on wall segments (Which can either allow doors but not a floor, or allow a floor but not a door) an corridors. You not only get less polys, You can get slightly faster frame rates.

Raven said that collision polys overlapping also cause errors, So to make my level even faster I am going to be turning off the collisons for the roofs, and second sides of the walls. Who knows what can be done if you take a simple concept, and make it simpler.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Sillybear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 05:58
So Far what Iv seen I like FPSC and the options it give ya to do things your way and giving options to use 3rd Party Programs for Modeling and Texture Nice Jobs keep up the good works

the Ideas are limitless

Just Bought FS Creater
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm you hate rooms. How do they make you feel? Tell me about your mother.
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " steals girlfriend and takes her off to ****.
Nuff Said."

You don't even know what she looks like, and plus she's all mine and you CANNOT steal her from me! I HAVE HER FOREVER!

Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 22:28
It all began when I was four...

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Evil Inside
Years of Service
User Offline
...To**er...

......Stay back, Stay away from me, I've got a disease, Everyone is sleeping......
F**k you, For putting hate in me, For putting faith in me, Everyone is sleeping......
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2005 01:16
And my mother left me in this room. But she never came back...
The horrible walls were black, desolate, devoid of life.
A single picture bore apon those walls. A man, if you could call him that. he was contorted into a demonic body, devilish.

Enscribed on the picture was the name Dorian Grey.

Your mod has been erased by a signature which was erased by a mod being erased by a signature.

"Ye oft de adopte early shalt move mountains, and be gods among men"
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Was it a chateau cellar low room? Those can be so lonely...
Halo Man
Years of Service
User Offline
(off topic mode enabled) Lol. (off topic mode terminated)
(on topic mode enabled) I love FPSC also! (on topic mode terminated)

4 out of every 5 people will look at
this and apperantly your one of them!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:33:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:33:54