Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do i make an installer file on a CD????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 03:19
I didnt know where to ask this in what forum so im asking here i guess "How do i make an installer file on a CD" and what i mean is like how do i turn my file from a normal folder or a .zip or an arhieve to a installer, so like people can pop in the disk and a box comes up asking them to install it...Please help

---------
Dont hate
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
You send it to me!

Your mod has been erased by a signature.
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 12:51 Edited at: 9th Nov 2005 12:54
Inno Setup:
http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

Quote: " * Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
* Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface.
* Complete uninstall capabilities.
* Installation of files:
Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA file compression. The installer has the ability to compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX's and type libraries, and install fonts.
* Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop.
* Creation of registry and .INI entries.
* Support for multilingual installs.

Is it really free of charge, even for commercial use?

Yes, it may be used completely free of charge, even when deploying commercial applications. However if you wish to show your appreciation and support its development you can make a donation.

(Note: "Completely free of charge" must not be confused with "completely free". Inno Setup is copyrighted software, not public domain software. There are some restrictions on distribution and use; see the LICENSE.TXT file for details.)"

I'd suggest downloading the Quickstart Pack:

Quote: "QuickStart Pack

The Inno Setup QuickStart Pack includes additional third-party add-ons such as the ISTool script editor and Inno Setup Preprocessor. These add-ons are not official, have not been exhaustively tested, and are not required for general usage, but make Inno Setup easier to use, especially for new users. See the Third-Party Files page for more information.

The Inno Setup QuickStart Pack also includes an easy to use option to download and install encryption support."
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, either way, I can make a "real" installer...MSI installer.

mr splatface
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 08:51
clickteam install creator is pretty good, and you don't have to mess around with scripts. just go to www.clickteam.com and download free version. the only proble with the free version is you get a little window at the end of installation saying: this installer was made by clickteam bla bla bla. the pro version doesn't do that, but is VERY expensive. but the demo is fully costumisable, you can change text, have colours as background (includes gradient) have pics as background, a lot of stuff.

'thank you, come again!'
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 08:59
I've used Install Creator from Clickteam, and you can't use it for any commercial products. And if you use ISTool, you don't have to touch a lick of scripting.

I don't know what the FPSC compiled game directory structure looks like, but all you need to do is go into Files, add the EXE and any files sitting in the root of your game's directory, tell it to install to Program Files\ (I forget the abbreviation they use for it, I think it's pf, then add any folders using the add folder. Change their options too so it installs to the app install directory. Then go to Shortcuts, make any shortcuts you need your program to make (for instance, game, readme), fill in the project properties and compile. Depending on the size of the game, you'll have one compact Setup.exe in the output folder.

But, of course, Bloodeath should choose whichever option he feels most comfortable with. Hmmm...if there's a way to make a template, I could do that, and simply distribute the template...then anyone can distribute their games using Inno Setup with minimal work.
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, here's one that installs some TXTs on your computer.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:22:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:22:32