Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer on LAN

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to setup a multi-player game on a LAN, without going out to an Internet server?

Tried typing in the Host's IP, says trying to join game...but nothing ever happens.

First time my boys and I have tried to do this, so it is probably something that we are not doing properly.

Anu insight is appreciated!

Scott
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 23:48
Make the Host computer function as a server. That means find your router, unplug the internet cable, plug your computer into it.

Then you go to the network settings, setup netork, and say that the other computers connect to the internet though your computer. Select the lan as the internet.

I can't test this (Don't have a power computer) but doing this does make your computer a server (Wireless 56k!!!! (I did test that))

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:18:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:18:44