Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Some door scripts!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have thought of some special behaviours for doors to work, and I thought I might share my ideas. (All have mostly the same code.)

1) This first script, will make only doors accessible by enemies, if they have in their code settarget,activatetarget=2 (but you still can change activations values )

2) This one just is a normal door, exept it closes by itself. Note that every other doors I made do that, but this one is the main idea.

3) Now this one was made possible thanks to Merranvo; it's a door that will only open from one side. It's a complex door, and need the use of a second entity to work. (I use triggerzone). Now what you do is apply this code to your door,

then, you apply this next code to your second entity, that you will put on the side of the door you wish to be accessible:

Now, at this point it'll never work. You'll have to put in the door's property ifused, the name of your second entity, or zone. Then, for your second entity or zone, you'll put in the ifused field the name of your door. Note that you should use unique names! The main idea is that both entities are linked together.
But it appears it wouldn't work with enemies, because they activate everything in their way to move, so the activations would get mixed up.

I know that some script might turn wierd with some enemies playing to much around doors, but I gess it's a good start for somebody that is using FPSC for 10 days !

Hope this help some creators
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 23:18
nice, that last door script will be SO usefull, i think your going to become a good scriptinger if this is only your 10th day at it...

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 00:24
Nice... the world is being attacked by smart people!

Welcome to the community!

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 00:51
Great stuff, shows once again that FPSC scripting isn't that hard at all, if you sit down and play with it a few days.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 01:21
i want to learn, and i have it except one thing, whats the differnce between colons and commas?

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
mikahell
Years of Service
User Offline
To flashing snall and others, the difference between colons and commas, is for separating multiple actions/conditions this way:

Every line of correct code in fpi start this way
:
Maybe it's used only to separate lines without using the enter key, but I don't really know.

Now, the second ":" separates the condition(s) to the action(s), and you can't have scripts in fpi with only action(s) or only condition(s)
:condition(s):action(s)

If you have more than one conditions or actions on your line of code, you will separate every conditions with "," and every actions with ",". But don't forget the ":" between the last condition and the first action!
:condition1, condition2,condition3...:action1,action2,action3...

So it's about it... And there is an example of what you should have, I put the text in bold as something you MUST have in your line:

:condition1,conditionX:action1,actionX

So it's not too hard to understand, but if you still need help, maybe you should try FPI MAKER, it's an app. developped to code your fpi and your code is even separated with colors so you can easily see what you do as actions and conditions, which are separated in blue, or red.

I had the link for the site to get FPI MAKER, but it seems broken...
Anyway, if you need it, I could upload it here, but I think I don't have the rights to do that? But if you need it and think it's OK, then I'll do upload it there.

Cheers to all developpers!
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2005 18:09
":" is a colon... and "," is a comma

you only have 2 colons. one is allways first
and another is after all your conditions

:state=1:killplr

now you can have multiple condidtions, and multiple actions by separating them with commas.

:state=1, plrdistfurther=100:killplr, kickplrass

there is no real bound in the length of the line, but you are limited to 10000 conditions and 10000 actions. Over kill.

Your mod has been erased by a signature.

=ChrisB=: I hate n00bs, n00bs hate me! Lets get a gun and kill all the n00bies!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:59:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:59:01