Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Cheating in FPS games? - new user help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

when i send my games out to my friends they can change the ammo etc...by using the game files,

when i send the game out, am i supposed to jst send the .exe or everything?

if everything is there a way to pack it all together so they cannot cheat??

thanks for the help, loving this FPS.

Everton
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 16:31
fpspack is the way the non cheat heaven

If you dont know 'big computer geek', you should'nt know what TGC stands for
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 16:34
yeah, go to www.rastaworld.com and go to the downloads page, then download FPSPack 2.0. That should get you on your way. It's not fool proof mind you! I can hack it, but not many people can.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

brushswinger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 17:32
perhaps your friends are not as friendly as you thought.

Ha. I used to cheat at DOOM. Make levels, put in an invisible wall, post to my kid brothers, hide behind it, then FRAG THE HELL OUTTA MY BROTHERS! Took em weeks to figure it out.

Ah Doom.... Good days. Played on Net with dial-up as well.
Merranvo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 18:21
Riker 9 is the best way to non-cheating heaven.

If I understand right, Cellbloc has made it so you can zip all your files, password protect them, and read directly from the zip. No small acheivement.

@Sunflash, lol, yeah, sorry about that. Even though I had mentioned it so many times before.

He who is mortal is bound by his soul, He who is immortal has no soul
Everton
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "yeah, go to www.rastaworld.com and go to the downloads page"

i went there buddy on the downloads page there is no such file, i checked in all 3 sections, games / applications / screensavers.

if you could point me in to a file of somewhere else i would be greatfull

thanks guys.

Eve
Halo Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ah Doom.... Good days. Played on Net with dial-up as well."

Yep, the days when games were shoot, shoot some more, and more shooting.

Anyway, can't you just send the game all by itself with the extra files you used for the game? I'm not so sure, sorry.

4 out of every 5 people will look at
this and apperantly your one of them!
Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Everton

Quote: "Due to a few individuals that take too much for granted, and have instructed users on the security that FPSPack applies, I have decided to pull FPSPack from downloads until I decide to further its progress. Many can thank Merranvo on his behalf to stop the release of this useful product.

Time and efforts are needed elsewhere. Thanks to the many users who have supported FPSPack. I have received many emails to make the download available, but this will not happen at this time. As a warning to others, the agreement states that FPSPack can not be made publicly available for download or transmitted in anyform. Please do not ask permission to host the latest version of FPSPack. The answer is no, and hosting it for download purposes is illegal unless consent is given."

Everton
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahhh Dang it!

i just spent all weekend making 2 maps for my game that i am going to upload for clans to play matches on, but no point if you can modd the game files

is there another way to somehow stop the users having the files??

any help would be great, i mean if it was just me and my boy playing it wouldnt be a problem, but when its clan matches, you know these guys go MAD when you cheat them

its a shame the freeloaders made this guy remove the downloads, i didnt get chance to be a freeloader LOL

great game maker tho, i had mega fun all weekend, the one thing a still got to figure out tho is the bleeding doors LOL.

thanks guys, and again any idea's to remove the files would be awesome

Everton

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:22:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:22:20