Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Some tutorials on simple scripting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 17:22
I've got some tutorials for FPSC which will show some simple uses of scripting.

The scripts were done for the EA Version of FPSC but they should be fine for V1 as well.

Sorry about the size of them attempts at making them smaller resulted in un-readable IDE's If I get time I'll try and make them smaller.

1) A tutorial to open a door via a trigger.
http://www.jsunmedia.com/door_trigger_tutorial1.avi 70mb

2) A tutorial to close a door via a trigger.
http://www.jsunmedia.com/door_trigger_tutorial2.avi 40mb

3) A tutorial to switch a light on and off via a light switch
http://www.jsunmedia.com/light_switch_tutorial.avi 40mb

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Mr Scarab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 22:48
Excellent, thank you very much. Perfect for a n00bie to FPSC like me.

Sig removed by Mod. Please do not use offensive language in your signature (sic).
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
hey Jasuk... you seem to be serious about getting into the innards of this thing...

have you looked into modding the engine at all using the DBPro and the code TGC has released...

what about adding custom objects to the fpsc projects...

can you comment at all on any of this...

thx

--Mike
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 10:43
@Red Ocktober,

All the stuff I've been doing is using the existing media etc that came with both FPSC EA and V1. I've not tried adding custom Objects or modifying the engine. I have another DBPro project which takes up most my spare time at the moment. But there are a few people on this forum that do that kind of thing that may be able to help. I've mainly been working on Scripts and creating sounds, speech and images to display in my test games.

Cheers,

Jas

----
"What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not'release' software. It escapes leaving a bloody trail of developers and quality assurance people in its wake!"
Sillybear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 23:44
still trying to get my re spawn after death to work what is the Formula for this want to delay at 30sec + after death

FS Creater v1
Animators Gmax 1.2+plugin / Milk Shape 1.7
Grahpic editors PaintShop Pro 8.10 / Adobe PhotoShop 7
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice! Pretty good scripts.

FORUM n00b THREAT LEVEL: ORANGE
Some thread revival/spam-Some bad grammar used, stupid questions or answers-No direct flaming
jasuk70
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 11:06
@Sillybear, I'm not sure how to do this myself. If you know what script to use look at the timer script commands. Off the top of my head something like Timer Reset and Timer Greater.

Jas

----

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:32:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:32:29