Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Scripting help plz, how to make a completely dark room

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 17:30 Edited at: 18th Nov 2005 20:18
I searched the forums and found a thread where a guy said, read page ... to ... of the manual and something about AMBIENCE X

Well I tried a hell of a lot of things but I just suck at scripting.
What I want to do is make a dark environment, you see nothing and have to set lights to actually see things and not like make things brighter like it is standard in FPSC. Understand me? Here is my script I added the 'Ambience' thing (but it's probably completely wrong) to the 'light 1' script

ctm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 13:18 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 13:19
Scripting?
Why?

Klick Build Game -> Klick Level Settings -> Klick the Edit Button for the Global Script -> Change the value of the Ambience Level (the default value is 25) -> Done
Jason Webb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 16:41
As ctm rightly says, I believe you'd have to set the Ambience value to 0 when you build the game.

Unfortunately this is a global setting and will affect the ambience in all levels of your game, meaning that dynamic lighting will be your only source of light (i.e. if another level of your game was set outside in the daytime then you would need a large dynamic light to represent the sun). That could prove to be quite a strain on machine resources, but obviously only trial and error will tell if it's a compromise that you can live with.

PS: In order to see the ambience setting reflected in "test level" mode you need to copy the file "setuplevel.fpi" from FPS Creator\MyGames\<your_game_name>\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\ to FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\

Best Regards

Jason

Owner - Music Genius Publishing
http://www.musicgenius.co.uk
Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 18:47 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 18:49
Thanks for the help you 2! It works
Jason it works just fine like now, you don't have to change that in order to get it to work in test mode. Or you meant something else, anyway it works!

Now excuse me I'm gonna to play with FPSC for a while now
Origin
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "[quote]Unfortunately this is a global setting and will affect the ambience in all levels of your game, meaning that dynamic lighting will be your only source of light (i.e. if another level of your game was set outside in the daytime then you would need a large dynamic light to represent the sun). That could prove to be quite a strain on machine resources, but obviously only trial and error will tell if it's a compromise that you can live with.
"

No, It it don't... I'm using Amient light as 0 and it works fine with Static lights!

Regards,
John

P.S.:

Quote: "In order to see the ambience setting reflected in "test level" mode you need to copy the file "setuplevel.fpi" from FPS Creator\MyGames\<your_game_name>\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\ to FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\
"

You don't need to do that either...

I don't wanna fight no union!

FREE SPEECH FOR ALL!! but, not mod's... hahahaha!!!
Jason Webb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 22:18
@Origin

Quote: "No, It it don't... I'm using Amient light as 0 and it works fine with Static lights!"

Yep, you're right! lol! Sorry, bad choice of words on my part there. I meant lights that you place in the scene yourself as opposed to ambient lighting. Didn't intend to differentiate between dynamic and static lights.

Quote: "P.S.:

Quote: "In order to see the ambience setting reflected in "test level" mode you need to copy the file "setuplevel.fpi" from FPS Creator\MyGames\<your_game_name>\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\ to FPS Creator\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame\
"

You don't need to do that either..."

Right again! Who knows what I was thinking? I'm sure I read somewhere that you had to do that but it was a couple of weeks ago and it just stuck in my mind, but just tried it again for myself and you're right.

Thanks for being so astute, John

Best Regards

Jason

Owner - Music Genius Publishing
http://www.musicgenius.co.uk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:34:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:34:27