Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The Merrenvo Resitance Movement (MRM)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 19:25
I must say, looking at the facts presented by Van B (discovered by Rich) Maybe it was good to ban him. But you must admit, it was a terrible thing to do, maybe it was neccesary, but he did help us ALOT! And even if he was an attention seeker, as Van B said, lots of people here are, so we can\'t hold that against him when we ban him, or we\'d have to ban everyone that had multiple accounts and set up mock arguments for fun.

As I see it, Merrenvo did a great deed to the FPSPack, he was honest enough to tell you that you (Rastaman) had a problem with your product, if he was like everyone else that already knew how to hack it, he would have been quiet, and let people steal others hard work without so much as a warning. When he did bring up the problem, you (Rastaman) blew him off, you didn\'t really seem to care about it. That to me was bad form. Why would I want a security option that dosn\'t keep me secure? Rasta, this is not against you, don\'t be offended, I\'m directing this at those that are blameing the take down of FPSPack. Though Merrenvo is fully responsible, he did the wrong thing for the right reasons. It was time the problem with your (I must say quite brillient) program, to be fixed, and I am fully looking forward to the new release of a nice, brand new security option!

Good luck on FPSPack, I\'m glad you havn\'t given up on it, but I\'m telling you, I would keep in touch with Merrenvo, he could be a good person to help you on this. If I were you, I would enlist Merrenvo as your tester, he would try to hack your product, so you could improve it. However, this is entirly up to you (duh )

Yes, in closing, I must say, my gut feeling to the banning of Merrenvo was... \"What have we done?\", or, more apropreatly put, \"what have the mods done?\". With that, I ask one more question to the mods, did you ban Merrenvo because he was an Anti-Mod? if so, will be banning Madda Cheif next?!

Don\'t take the above peragraph seriously, it was written with an evil grin

please post your comments, and join the MRM, keep the legacy of Merrenvo moving!

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 19:43 Edited at: 17th Nov 2005 19:44
Quote: "With that, I ask one more question to the mods, did you ban Merrenvo because he was an Anti-Mod?"

The mods didn't ban him.

I did.

He helped the community, I don't deny it. But in a night of stupidity he also abused the forum, posting thread after thread of insulting spam that went against most of the rules we have here, via a torrent of immature language and personal attacks.

Stoned or not, for that, I'd ban anyone.

It's a shame someone so talented had to act like such a tit.

Fat kids always win at see-saw.

The world is full of idiots. But an unusually high percentage seem to appear on my TV screen.
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 19:54 Edited at: 17th Nov 2005 19:58
you did the right thing Rich...

don't second guess your decision...

also, there is no 'movement'... and this thread can only lead to another juvenile foodfight... i think it is non productive, and should be locked... or removed entirely...

--Mike
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 20:16
Well, I don't know anything about this, except that microsoft's servers are a little screwew right now so I can't get to him via MSN.

And ummm, rich? If you arn't a mod, whats that thing doing next to your avatar?

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 20:37
Nothing compared to the little text above it.

Fat kids always win at see-saw.

The world is full of idiots. But an unusually high percentage seem to appear on my TV screen.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 20:59
JAJA. That was funny.

There are 2 programmers. Lee and Mike.

Then their's Richard, the butt-kicker and all around nice guy (who sometimes answers my emails, but still an all around nice guy)

-This...is my boomstick!
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 23:02
Is he banned permamently or just for a certain period of time?

Everyone makes mistakes, right?

Just curious.

--formally FPSCreators--

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 23:03
You need a new mod symbole, like "The big cheezy Mod" or something.

SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 23:08
although i dont disagree with your decision, rich, i am very sad. these forums have really gone downhill -not beacause of the mods or admins, god bless 'em, but because of the users. theres so much hate. it jst saddens me that what was once a great developer center has because a wrestling arena. ive stopped posting as much, since theres really no reason too- a few good men cant stop the overflow of hatred on these boards.

kind of like the senate in ancient rome. tgc forums, i lament thee.

For Sale- Very Useful for TGC Forums!!!
Flame-Proof Jacket- $19.95 Flambait Fire Extinguisher- $34.99 Last-Resort Multi-Baralled Rocket Launcher- $199.95
Get them now!!!
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 23:11
Yea, it's too bad this place isn't what it sed to be... I miss it. I guess something happened with the relese of V1.

On a happier noe, there are still people like uman, Cellbloc Studios, and yours truley ( ) who arnt hmm hmms, if you get my drift.

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 23:19
Nudge Nudge, Wink Wink, say no more, say no more.

-This...is my boomstick!
RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 23:47 Edited at: 17th Nov 2005 23:48
@ Sunflash - It wasn't just FPSPack were he showed his arse. He did that in many other threads as well. As I said, FPSPack offers a LEVEL of security. Not 100% security which is impossible within most computing tasks. And to quote your 'Bad Form?'. What should have been said was 'Contact RastaMan, maybe he can help.' And to add, it wasn't FPSPack that got him banned. He did that to himself, and FPSPack had nothing to do with getting him banned. Although I wish it did. There is no difference between bypassing what security FPSPack has to offer, or simply posting a registration key to bypass the limitations of a program. However easy they both may be, its not eithcal.

My opinion, he ought to be banned for good. Even as I post this he has posted Monsters Forest pack, (a pay-for item) on his site for all to download. He just never seems to give up and always starts problems. One can be talented in the office place, but cause enough problems, one usually get fired.

http://www.rastaworld.com
- cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
Vlad
Years of Service
User Offline
*clears throat*

This is all a matter of behaviour and clash of personalities. If Merranvo and Conjured Entertainment are the same, I find that weird from where I'm sitting. I'm not saying they are not since I don't have the IP address tracking stuff that probably TGC has in the foums, but I have complete different feelings about Merranvo, with whom I get along and Conjured Entertainment with whom I had a couple of disagreements. Good ones, but disagreements.

Does Merranvo have a strange way of dealing with other people forum posts? I would say yes, sometimes over friendly, sometimes over rude, even so he is an important loss to FPSC community.

I never took aside appart of my own, even if it seemed so, and there's probably only one user here I'll take his side anytime, appart from that I take no sides. I do think that Rastaman shouldn't take those remarks that seriously because his work is far more important then security remarks. I also think that Red Ocktober should take it this whole forum deal more lightly, but that's his way and I have no rights on that. I wish most people took Monster's attitudes more lightly because he is not as naughty has he sometimes looks like, I'm sure.

I wish we just take it easy and help each other. Sometimes things in this forums are just unnecessary, probably what Merranvo did was more than unnecessary. Again, sometimes we have to loose our best soldier to keep the platoon alive.

The forums went downhill for a while. I personally wrote to TGC about it and I was very annoyed. Things changed a lot. People are not posting that much, probably following the rule "if you have nothing to say, shut up." which is, in my opinion, not a bad thing. Being the product that it is, the annoyance factor for people like myself will appear often, but since I now have full trust in TGC's ability to deal with the forums, the only thing I have to do is shut up if I'm annoyed.

Ok... too long, back to the drawing board.

V
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 02:33
Without wanting to make enemies of anyone in these forums, I think giving yourself a pat on the back for starting posts like "to all the newbies" and the rash of RTFM responses have also added to the unfriendliness of these forums.

Maybe instead of making value judgements of others you may want to consider your own netiquette.

Blaming noobs for the "downfall of these forums" is wrong, in my opinion. I think the EA fraternity needs to take some responsibility as well.

That said, if Merranvo and Conjured were the same person, then getting banned was his own fault. I didn't really have an opinion about the guy one way or the other, but I don't think the Psycho routine would be tolerated anywhere.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 02:50
I AM CONJURED ENTERTAINMENT.
This will be my only post in this thread.

Merranvo and I are not the same person.
I'm not getting into an arguement, but I want to clear that up.
To suggest we are the same person is the only thing crazy around here.

I am sure Merranvo has learned his lesson.
A permanent ban is too long. Even a month is.

1 to 2 weeks is more than enough time for a suspension.
I eagerly await Merranvos return as he is an asset to this community.
I never denied that.

I made dumb posts when arguing with him and I regret my mistakes as I am sure he does his.
I have not made many posts lately, as I am more careful what I say.

It takes two to argue.
I will not be one of the ones who do.

What has been done is done.
The posts are gone, and I am finished with it.
I look now to the positive future of these forums.

So associating our names in the future will be deemed nothing more than instigating.
And thus, it will be ignored.

Quote: "That's all I have to say about that....Forrest Gump"

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 06:58
You are right in a way, I absolutly HATE it when I see an anti noob group. Or things like the anti mod group was pushing it.

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 12:27
I think Richard did the right thing. Abuse in forums should not be accepted in any form, especially if children are using the boards. If people can't say anything nice to other people, they should keep it to themselves or use constructive arguements. Just my personal view.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 12:31
Who cares? What's done is done, nothing's going to change that now.

"Computers are useless, they can only give you answers."
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 14:57
Quote: "Who cares?"

And there in, ladies and gentlmen, lies the root of the whole problem. Short-sighted, self-centered, home-grown elitism.

ROTFLMFAO!

I suppose I'll be banned now too. Whatever.

...somewhere in the distance Skycubes swears he hears a man with a German accent yelling "Papers! Papers!"...

--formally FPSCreators--

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
SoulMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2005 19:04
Good Riddance. He has cause me grief in the past as some of you may or may not know.
SoulMan

This is as backwards as is This
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 04:35
Nice Cudey man! (lol) yea, this place does seem a little........... You know.

Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 12:48 Edited at: 19th Nov 2005 12:49
A true story.

Not so long ago I joined a froum that just opened for a videogame. The video game wasn't released yet so there was like 10 really cool guys and we talked about tones of stuff, it was really cool.

Time past and 20 n00bs were joining every week.
An Admin really made me mad because he was being very sarcastic and unfriendly to a fellow member. I decided to reply to one of his posts, he deleted it, I replied again, he deleted it. I went into paintshop pro and drew and funny face onhis sig and then uploaded it.

I was banned.

The thing is, we had a warning system, 3 warning is a ban. I got no warning at all. If I did, I probably would have stopped. The original members were very angry and asked for me back like this thread. They even made sigs "saying bring me back"! The other admins confirmed it was a permy ban.

All the good members all decided to riot and get themselves banned, calling the admins mum, posting sick images. All the admins where in place for war as more and more people joined.

The best people were banned and the paying admin had enough, he realised that the people he used to laugh with, the coolest people on his forum left him.

The forum got closed, never to be seen again. All the members are just spread across the net, we don't even talk any more, it's sad.

There is no moral to this story, just wanted to share it with you guys. No thi story wasn't to encourage people to bad themselves for Merrenvo. This is a forum for a product, they would never take it down.

Thanks for your time.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 16:43 Edited at: 19th Nov 2005 16:45
Well, the mods can't obey the members, otherwise it will become a democracy. And some people ned to stay banned. I would rather keep Merrenvo banned, and ban twenty other BAD members, then let Merrenvo back in, along with another ten members.

Mods, I would like to see links to the places Merrenvo has spammed. What we need is assurance that Merrenvo needed to go. I think he was an asset that we shallnever regain if we wait to long. He has always helped me when I neede help, he is like several other members that make up what I like to call the "Help Squad". Among them are such people as: Merrenvo, Uman, Chris B, etc.

Mods, Please, don't take it as if this post is attacking you, I DON'T want to get banned, but if you look up all the instances that he did get in a fight, he usually starts jolly, and when people won't listen or don't understand WHY things start to get ugly, and then Conjured, always stealing his work. You know he "edited" his jet pack script and was going to claim it to be his own because of all the "edits" if not, Merrenvo's would be a very small note on the paper. This is just like what Monster did, and when that happened, everyone (almost) screamed for his removal from these forums.

@Rasta,
I looked back at the topic at hand. Merrenvo didn't hack your program. There was nothing to hack! If going into your computers temporary files is hacking, then I'm guilty almost everyday. I was very angry with yoou when you had a magnificent product, but you wouldn't even try to make it better. Merrenvo showed us the flaws to your program, and I must say, I am disgusted that it took an outburst like that from him to get you to actually FIX that problem. However, I wholeheartedly look forward to the new release of FPSPack. It will be soooooo much better! I didn't post this to make you mad, just to clear up some things. And this has nothing to do with Merrenvo getting banned, I understand that that little argument had nothing to do wih his banning. I wish you luck on FPSPack, and I hope you're still going to make it. It would be very sad to see sucha wonderful program go to waste!

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 23:02
Its like beating a dead horse with a stick. TGC admin said he was banned. Time to move on.

I'd also add that if some feel so strongly, why not contact support? Instead of using the product forums for complaints about users, who was banned and such. There are more of these general kinds of threads than actual FPSC chatter.

Not trying to be overly rude here, but why should TGC give anyone evidence of anything? They did their part, they own and operate the forums. They didn't ban because they had nothing better to do. They felt it was in TGC best interest. Who is to question that? Thats why there are Users, Mods, and Admins. And it was top of the chain that made the call.

http://www.rastaworld.com
- cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 23:08
TGC has the ability to ban at their discretion- its their bandwidth they pay for, their forums. we get to be here free, the only condition being we do what they say. i wish merranvo was not banned, i want him back... but its up to the admins. its their decision, and they dont even need to give a reason if they dont want to. still, i think a permenent ban is... a tad harsh.

For Sale- Very Useful for TGC Forums!!!
Flame-Proof Jacket- $19.95 Flambait Fire Extinguisher- $34.99 Last-Resort Multi-Baralled Rocket Launcher- $199.95
Get them now!!!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 23:34 Edited at: 19th Nov 2005 23:35
Quote: "He has always helped me when I neede help, he is like several other members that make up what I like to call the "Help Squad". Among them are such people as: Merrenvo, Uman, Chris B, etc."

That's the thing that bothers me the most in this whole discussion. While lot's of people think he's a great guy, I do find him very annoying. Changing names all the time, even calling himself God, be-little scripts other people made, even great scripts, being rude and often not willing to help out at all, but being willing to make unhelpful comments. If even a thing like the Help Squad exsists, Merranvo wasn't part of it at all. A lot of times he was very unhelpful to noobs especially, by making very unhelpful and at times rude comments to their questions. He seemed to only help those he liked.....

I really hope this forums settles, because people like Merranvo do not leave a great impression on this forum.

I'm glad I never decided to check the forum first, when I came accross FPSC, that would have been enough to scare me away. I started to check out the forum after the demo convinced me, the forum isn't a real convincing place and good advertisment for the product with people like Merranvo behave the way they do.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 00:05
the forum isn't supposed to be an advirtising tool. It's for support, and FPSC fellowship.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 14:57
Well, merranvo is back..... under a different name 1post.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65340&b=23
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65370&b=23

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:34:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:34:30