Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Merranvo's in his absence

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 06:56
Okay then.

Your signature has been erased by a mod
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 07:29
lol, I like that, actually, I never would have known that he posted that if you wouldn't have given me the link, thanks! I like the idea, me being the Messenger Of Merrenvo (MOM). Consider me a prophet

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 09:00
And this has absoultely what to do with FPSC? I went, I saw, I was not amused. Funny how he still blames FPSPack, when he claimed to be 2 different users caught up in a battle.

Guess he will never let go, or never learn. The latter of the two.

http://www.rastaworld.com
- cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 17:50
from what ive gathered...conjured and merranvo were NOT the same person...

but he asked me to post that...so he can still help...

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 18:56
I think Van B just said he was to get people rallied... or Merrenvo could be lieing. we can't throw out that option, because if he WAS Conjured, and he said he wasn't, then he would be lieing then. So we can't throw that option out.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 23:24
Please can we move on? I'm getting tired of this whole Merranvo business.

He's banned from this forum, so please give it a rest. I really do hope things will settle down now he's gone, so please do not give him the pleasure to even terrorize this forum while he's absent.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 01:29
wether any of us want to admit it...he is a very valuble asset to this forum...

and even though i wrote a scripting tutorial...i still have to check stuff with him...

i dont want any merranvo flaming here...this thread is specifically for the names listed on his forum, and he did this to help...so if it has nothing to do with you, then please dont post...

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 08:33
[href]so if it has nothing to do with you, then please dont post...[/href]

Imo threads like these shouldn't be made here in the first place. If people want or need something from him, just let them go to his forum.

Chimera
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 09:39
!!!! What happened, sry but I was away for some weeks. Merranvo gone , yes he IS a valuable person, he's the scripting expert around here. I don't care what he did, but we (or at least I) need him!
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 17:38 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 18:00
he's a sociopathic personality... best left where he is... gone...

the forum administrators decision was sound and correct...

you don't need anyone but yourself... and people who can interact in a civil and well meaning way...

this guy was not one of those...

you wanna become a scripting expert, take it seriously, and learn it...

you need help, there's plenty of well meaning, personable scripting 'experts' around who can help you...

--Mike
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 18:29
@benjamin

yes, if they need help, they can go to his forum, but until i made this thred, nobody knew about his forum...

@red oktober

not really...no one is as good as him...

no one has even atempted a good AI script exept for him...
i wish there were other fpi experts...but there just arent...

conjured seems to grasp the concept...but no one is really an expert...merranvo just knows his stuff...

ok...with that straightened up...CAN EVERYNODY STOP FLAMING MERRANVO

this thread was made to inform certain people about his forum...so now that i have done that, can all of you people that dont like him keep your opinions to yourself please

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 18:32 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 18:34
Quote: "not really...no one is as good as him..."

You're giving him way to much honor by saying that. I've seen others create scripts that he couldn't create and gave up on.

Scripting isn't that hard at all, it just seems that most around here are unwilling to put effort into learning it.

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 19:10 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 19:12
Quote: "not really...no one is as good as him...
"

nonesense...

Quote: "Scripting isn't that hard at all, it just seems that most around here are unwilling to put effort into learning it.
"

exactly...

i've looked over FPSC scripting... anyone can learn it and excel at it in no time... with a lil effort, just like B says above...

--Mike
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 19:13 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 19:14
well...that, and the fact that he has been around since before V1...in early EA....

he hasnt put out much latly, because frankly, no one wants his help, and i dont know why...

if you do a search, you may find some amazing things...

and when you say he couldent create scripts, or gave up on...can you provide examples?

and if you guys think its so easy...why arent YOU as good as him? why cant YOU make an advanced AI like his?

to everyone else...

if you want to flame him, he was nice enough to start a "FLAME MERRANVO" thread...so go here, and click on it to flame him...

http://merranvo.uraniumhost.com/FPSCU/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index

Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 19:23 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 19:26
first of all, noone is flaming anybody...

second, because you just have so little faith in your own ability... don't project your own inadequacies on anyone else...

you wanna worship that guy... then go ahead... far be it from me to stop you... but don't say things as if they were fact or gospel...

fact... anyone can lean fpsc scripting... anyone can follow A* logic for coding ai...

plus... if i can code a realistic wave action for water surfaces and, mix it with an existing shader code in DBPro, do you think i'd have any problems scripting in DBPro... don't make me laugh...

Torque scripting is a bit more involved than FPSC scripting, and i'm having no trouble with that...

look around the Torque forums if you want... look around the DBPro forum here if you want...

... or continue doing what you are doing... and you'll always be worshipping someone else, and not yourself.

--Mike
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 19:38
ok

first off, i dont worship him...i look up to him...because while everyone else is talking about how he is not so great and how they are a better scripter, they dont produce anything...

so...if your a great dbpro'er...good...are you going to learn fpi? if so...please be as helpful as him...we need another good scripter around here...

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 19:39
Quote: "and if you guys think its so easy...why arent YOU as good as him? why cant YOU make an advanced AI like his?"

I'm not saying I'm as bad or as good as he is, but I've created all the scripts my game needs, a number of them you can find in the fps script forum section. So far I've created conversation scripts, pick up 3/5 items to open a door script and both of these I've posted. I've also created a non crashing replacement for the story zone, it works for screens, but I'm still working on the video part. Also I've created a multiple choice script, ask the player a number of questions and he/she has to answer them to go the next level. None of these have been released to the public and I'm not sure yet if they ever will. Also I've improved a number of the scripts that came with fpsc to make them working more smooth in my game. I've created a lot of scripts, but not all of them will be released to the public.

Imo, fpsc scripting must be one of the easiest cripting languages around.

As for the advanced AI, I don't need it, so I'm not going to create it, besides Merranvo's is very far from perfect.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 19:55
thats why im arguing here though...

you guys make scripts for yourselves...merranvo makes scripts for the community...period...

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 22:12
I'm not only making scripts for myself.... if I can I try to help people and a number of the scripts I've already released.

Besides, not all of us can make stuff for the community only. I'm not using FPSC for fun, I've got a business to run. I can only be involved for a certain amount of time in helping others and being a part of the community. I can only release part of my work to the community.

I'm not as perfect as merranvo, sorry..... but at least I'm not cahrging anyone for the stuff I do release to the community.

Bottom-line is all of us have different views of merranvo. To some he's a great guy, others find him annoying. For some he's a great help, but others don't find him helpful at all. Some think he's the expert scripter, others consider him just to be one of many. Some are sad he's gone, others are glad he's gone.

I think we can leave it at that. I'm not willing to be merranvo to you. I can do what I can, if you don't appreciatte that, I can live with it. We both have different experiences with him. Discussion closed as far as I'm concerned.

At any rate, he's gone for now and if he's ever allowed to come back, I do hope that his attitude will be changed and that he really will become the person you believe he is.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 22:57
ok...case closed then...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:26:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:26:35