Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSCreators.com-Looking for some media and members

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I am one of the new administrators at www.fpscreators.com. The site is meant to be a companion to FPSC where it would provide resources, tutorials, and a community for FPSC. Right now, we are thinking about changing the forums around so they are better than they are now by adding new graphics to the forums and a PM system. We are currently looking for people that would like to sumbit some game demos, editable files, and media to the site. We are trying really hard to get the site up and running, and that means having an active community. By Christmas, we are going to hopefully start competitions in which people can start teams and compete against eachother by making FPSC games that meat requirements such as:

Custom Scripts for AI
Completely new media
Best Story
etc.

Right now I am just playing around with the site, but if we could get lots of activity, we could start compos and major work on the forums sooner. The link is http://www.fpscreators.com. TGC, would you please recognize this site as a companion to FPSC for media and extras?

Hey, I am a total noob to DBP, so if you would be kind enough to just help me along. I'm good with FPSC though, just learning DBP now.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2005 23:16 Edited at: 19th Nov 2005 23:18
Quote: "Right now I am just playing around with the site, but if we could get lots of activity, we could start compos and major work on the forums sooner."

To get activity again, you could start by fixing the site first. All of the downloads are broken. The only thing that looks good about the site is the layout, the rest is in bad shape. I suggest you fix the side and gather some good content, before asking all of us to return to it.

Quote: "TGC, would you please recognize this site as a companion to FPSC for media and extras?"

I wonder why they would want to do that? At the moment there are far better sites around then http://www.fpscreators.com.

Sorry to sound a bit harsh, but anyone can create a cool looking site, but what good does it do if there's nothing of interest on the site?

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 01:31
ya dude...get something going first...

i lost faith in that site a long time ago....so yuor gonna have to put something up to prove your not just gonna let it go again..

FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay then. I'll talk to the main admin. Could you give some suggestions for the site. We are going to be doing the following:

-Fixing broken downloads
-Completely new Forums
-Team Pages
-WIP Section
-Contests
-PM System

If you have any other suggestions, please post here.

Hey, I am a total noob to DBP, so if you would be kind enough to just help me along. I'm good with FPSC though, just learning DBP now.

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 18:30
the only suggestion i have is to get it up like it was at first...

have people submit content, and have it be availble...

FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, but that is what we are looking for: developers. We want people that will be dedicated to submiting content to the site so we can show some of what the site is doing. We need active members to get the site going.

Phantom
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi FPS Mastermind,

I submitted some of the first objects I have made up to the site. They are very low poly, but textured and ready to be added to FPSC. The .fpe files are included.

I'm learning more about normal mapping and making the files more "FPSC ish", so when they are ready, I'll replace the ones there now with the new and improved versions.

-Phantom

Faith is daring the soul to believe what the eyes cannot see...
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, some news, the site is being remade with new download links and based off Invision Power Board 2.1.2. We will have a beta out soon.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 20:17
i can make realy good levels and stuff, well, well detailed and such, and good plots, and good just map making. SO i can do games..
BUT DO YOU UPLOAD STUFF!?!?!?!

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
That was really weird. Est-ce que tu parle anglais? So, we will have an upload center/downloads center with all the categories set up. The site will be based off the forums and you will be able to play in the arcade, download/upload, make tutorials, chat with members, add content, customize your own skins, and much more. I will give you a beta link when ready.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 22:12
A chat function would be good; we can finally get issues resolved faster.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are the features being implemented:

-Community Based Site
-Site Portal with customizable pages and skins
-Downloads Center
-Arcade
-Chat
-Designer/Developer Blog
-Newsletter

That is basicly what the site will have for now.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2005 20:19
fun fun fun

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Beta comming by Wednesday.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:36:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:36:55