Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can I cover an area with decals?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to cover an outdoor area with "snow". Honestly, covering a large area with decals, one at a time, is really a PITA. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

"oderint dum metuant"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 00:50
If you can find no other way - you could try making large wall type static entities I mean large - they can cover numerous tile areas - Make them invisible and without collision.

To these you can attach a decal - you will have to experiment with how the decal is scaled if you can scale it at all - one diffficulty is that the decal texture would distort if the entity it is applied to it is not square so it would have to be, alternativly a single texture (frame) decal that was itself made to the same proportions to any entity applied then resampled to be a square may work.

None of that may work without some experimentation - overiding the way decals work by default in FPSC is not easy - it may be hard work but you can achieve some forced decal effects.

I have not tried out snow in FPSC so dont know if theres an easy way by default. If not its probably best to use the default method even if its via applying may decals as any other experimental method is likely to be just as much work if not more and perhaps not very successful

Theres a snow tutorial around somewhere I believe which may help you - search for it.

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 02:34
I have a better solution. Have the decals move to the plr!

:plrdistfurther=150:rotatetoplr,movefore=8
Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Uman and 1post. I'll try these out later today and see what happens.

"oderint dum metuant"
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 17:40
go into the segment editor...

add entity...choose decal...

and you have a decal segment!!!!!!!!!!

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 22:39
of course there is the fact that only enemys can move... sucky...
I'll look deeper into it, but you can possibly attach a decal to the entity, and run it that way.

This also would speed up fraps. Don't show what you don't use. Create Rain by putting the particle gen ABOVE the plr. Not allover the scene

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:24:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:24:25