Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / going from level to level seamustly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 18:51
Is therre any way to go from one level to the next , with out having to wait for the loading screen, and the screen going dark before the next level loads.

warren gregory
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 19:56
I'm not one to answer such questions but loading screens before each level are a must so i don't see how it would be possible to link two diffrent levels seamlessly without the long loading period before each level.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 20:21
Yes there is, make both the levels on the same .FPM file, but when the player wins, have him teleport to the other side of the map, where you build the level two.

The only problem with this method is it will drasticly slow the game down, but it works.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 20:53
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think wgreg2001 meant linking two seperate maps together. If thats not the case then there is the solution..
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 22:07
True, FPSC is too ineffecent with data to keep a second level in memory.

In the case of Halo 2. There is a small marker near the end of the level that tells it to start loading 2nd level data, of course it could autoload the entire two levels, but I see this as too ineffecient to be true.

Halo 2 is build around millions of load points, as was Halo 1. This form of game developement is MUCH better then FPSC style, but it needs FileIO and game saving to work. It basically only loads the textures and enemys when you pass a certain point, and if you pass the points correctly. If you don't. Then you have an enemyless game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:27:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:27:38