Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Pictures of FPSC users project, please read.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 20:25
Hey, I'm going to make a level full of framed pictures of the forum users. But I need pictures of everybody, so if you want to, it would be cool if everyone uploaded a picture of themselves. When finished, I will post the finished FPM. file. On each picture I will have the name written. You don't have to do this if you don't want, I just thought it would be cool to see what everyone looks like

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 21:01
INTERNET SAFTEY ALERT!
my momy and dady said not to talk to and give my personal info to strangers...

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 21:11 Edited at: 21st Nov 2005 21:20
this would be a GREAT idea if all of a sudden the FPSC forum was flooded with hotty female game developers.. but other than that i dont have much interest in seeing what everyone looks like

Edit: and if any hotty female game developers do frequent this forum.. by all means give you pics to Sunflash so he could share them with the community
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 21:24
Hey, GREAT idea! I'll try to find some good ones.

And um yea. ALL hotty game developers (female ONLY people) PLEASE! send to Sunflash!

Your signature has been erased by a mod
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 00:26
I can't begin to tell you what a BAD idea this is. If I was TGC, I'd be locking this thread faster than you can say "Hey, where'd the ladders go?".

Seriously, don't share personal information with anyone...even the good intentioned.

--formally FPSCreators--

"Trust no one" --Deepthroat (X-Files)
SarusX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 00:36
can anyone say "lawsuit"?

For Sale- Very Useful for TGC Forums!!!
Flame-Proof Jacket- $19.95 Flambait Fire Extinguisher- $34.99 Last-Resort Multi-Baralled Rocket Launcher- $199.95
Get them now!!!
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 00:40
Well I thik it is great!
You cant deny my cuteness.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 00:46
"Seriously, don't share personal information with anyone...even the good intentioned." Is very good advise.

Good concept though but, how about a picture of an interesting landmark from around where people live. and then you could put the country or location on the picture.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 01:43
That might work. But I fail to see how you would see a picture of yourself as a dnagerous thing to give out. It's not like your giving out your credit card number. But I highly respect people not wanting to. And I do not deny TGC the right to lock this thread. If they feel it needs to be, then they should.

I think a picture of yourself is about as bad as a picture of a landmark near you. But if you guys feel more comfortable with it, then we can do it. lol, but it seems as though several people want Raven to submit her picture! *looks at Chris B and Harry Harrison*

Quote: "Seriously, don't share personal information with anyone...even the good intentioned.
"

I REALLY don't want to start a flame war, this forum already has enough of those. However, you already have given out some information about yourself, you live in Vancouver Washington.

Quote: "my momy and dady said not to talk to and give my personal info to strangers..."

Honestly, that was really stupid, we're all strangers, if you can't talk to strangers (and I know that was a joke) then don't post here.

I was also thinking about having a Hall Of Heros gallery in the .FPM
with pictures of RickV, Lee Bamber, Mike Johnson, Simon Benge etc.

Oh and OnePost, do you want me to make that your image? lol.

I think it would be neat to see what people like Merrenvo, Bullshock, Chris B, Lavitz, Uman, Madda Cheif, Raven, (you too Skycubes!) look like.

Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 02:29
Quote: "http://www.dopefly.com/ourfamily/Our%20Cute%20Little%20Girl/48%2Ejpg"

Yea baby, now thats what i'm talking about.

Sweetheart, are you sinlge?
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 02:32
?!?!?!?!?! ok, this thread should go away. harry Harrison, this is not a dating site, only a game creation forum.

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 02:37
Yea cuz i want to date a 3 year old.. c'mon don't break my heart
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 03:20
If my digital camera had batteries I'd be more than happy to take part. But as it stands, I have no way to take my picture. (And at this time of the month I don't have money to spare to buy batteries for the camera--it's not an essential.)

Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
I have no problem with people knowing the area I live in. 2.1 million people live in the same area I do. I've also got a picture on my website, very dark and mysterious... lol

I really don't have much of a problem with this, it's not like you're going to post my home address for everyone to see. The only one I'd be worried about is SkyCubes, but somehow I don't think he's a threat. lol

"oderint dum metuant"
Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Chronosv2: Do you have a scanner? I've seen a couple pics someone took of themselves with a scanner. You just have to hold still, and the quality's definately not studio, but it works.

Windex works great to clean those greasy nose prints off the glass too.

"oderint dum metuant"
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 03:46
Nope, I don't have a scanner.

And I don't mind anyone knowing my location. People might say it poses a safety issue, but it's not like I'm giving my full address or something. And I'm not in the telephone listings.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 04:23
Xilch, what is your websites URL?

Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 04:31 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 04:32
http://www.paulwgrant.com/

It's a little out of date...

"oderint dum metuant"
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 05:31
umm, what picture is of you?

Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 06:36 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 06:38
Here's my cool picture. I was a little angry when I took it, though... .

(We all know that you shouldn't post personal stuff on the TGC forums, so I'm expecting to see a padlock anytime soon... *hides under table while Van B, John Y, Exeat even CattleRustler approach, wielding flame throwers*)

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 07:02 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 07:12
ok, this is sad, only one person has posted their picture. If you want to, you guys can email it to me. sheesh.

EDIT: Ok Paul, your picture is completed. It looks great in FPSC.

Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 09:47 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 12:41
So... you're not going to include my hippo ?

Sorry if I sounded blunt.

Click above for Project Luna demo! Resident Evil Remake is teh fergin' best!
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not bad, cause it's not personal infomation, it's not like if you post your picture someone knows that you're 14, live in Florida, and stuff like that. (And yes, I made that up)

FORUM n00b THREAT LEVEL: ORANGE
Some thread revival/spam-Some bad grammar used, stupid questions or answers-No direct flaming
Harry Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 14:31
Xilch, congrats with your site.. there are some good readings in there.
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 14:47 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 14:49
Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Harry! I appreciate that!

Seriously, there is only so much one can tell from a photo. Also, TGC must not find a persons location to be too personal of information, there's a space for it below everyone's avatar and in everyone's profile.

"oderint dum metuant"
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 19:16
ok, If you insist, I'll put the hippo in.

@Aoneweb,
That was hillarius!

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 20:01
Unbelievable. Well, you were all warned and I can say with a clear conscience that you get what you deserve if something awful happens to you.

Awe stupidity...I guess the bugs really do deserve to inherit the planet.

--formally FPSCreators--

Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Too bad there isn't a smiley for "rolls eyes".

How's that tinfoil hat fitting eh? A little tight?

"oderint dum metuant"
SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 21:02
My guess is it is fitting a little better than those blinders you have on.

I have to wonder about anyone who "rolls eyes" at the prospect of minors being exploited. Doesn't happen? I suggest you wake up from whatever dreamland you currently reside Alice.

--formally FPSCreators--

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 21:15
Oh sh*t! Here goes another flamethrower war!

Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 21:45
*hides inside a flame-retardant locked box with no holes so the flame doesn't get him*
*suffocates*
*dies*

Xilch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 21:49 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 03:31
Nope, I'm done. I refuse to take part in a flame war, even when someone impugns my character. If I were I'd call him something like Chicken Little, but that would be condescending.

"oderint dum metuant"
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 21:52
I think I'm gonna just stay over in the model area...yeah, that's what I'm gonna do.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
Jordan Siddall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 22:19
@Sunflash

This isn't the first time my pic has been posted but here it is again.

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/7163/10000378hi.jpg
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 22:43
Yea, I've got one somewhere else on the board, so...

Attachments

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 23:23
Ok, here's mine...

http://www.rastaworld.com
- cave quid dicis, quando, et cui

Attachments

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 00:13
Quote: "How's that tinfoil hat fitting eh? A little tight?"

So let me get this straight, you refuse to take part in a 'flame war', yet you’re willing to start one?

BTW, no one was "impugning your character". You implied with the "rolling eyes" comment that you don't believe it's a big deal that minors post information/images that may very well lead to their exploitation. So don't start pointing fingers at me, you're the one who made the comment for christ's sake.

I'm going to say it again. This is a VERY BAD IDEA! A picture is just another piece of the puzzle to a pedophile. If you don't think there are a significant number of minors using this forum, you are naive. If you don't think there is a high probability of at least one pedophile lurking around this forum, then you are again naive. And if you don't believe that posting a picture is a piece of information that would be extremely helpful to said pedophile, then you are not only naive but blind and simple to boot.

Click on this link, watch the file, and try not to roll your eyes too far into the back of your head. It's time to wake up. And if wearing a "tinfoil hat" while I rant about this is enough to keep even one of the kids around here from falling into this moronic trap, then so-be-it.

(go to the "Tracking Teresa" story)
http://www.netsmartz.org/resources/reallife.htm

--formally FPSCreators--

SkyCubes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 00:28 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 00:37
You know what, Xilch, I wasn’t going to get into the flaming on this forum with you, but I just went back and actually clicked on that link you posted earlier. You know what man, you make me sick to my stomach. Any f%$kbag that can get indignant about not entering into a flame war but at the same time post one of the most degrading and sickening things I’ve ever seen has exactly Xilch for brains.

Have you ever known a person with mental retardation? Do you think they asked or chose to born with that disability? How do you think it would make them feel to read what you posted? How would you feel about it if you were to fall out of your, and I'm guessing here, mobile home on race day, land on your head, and suffer from TBI leaving you "retarded"?

Sure, I know I’m wasting my time with you because you’re just simply a jackass, nothing more. Hey, enjoy your miserable existence as long as it lasts.
--------------------
I never learn. I should never post when I'm pissed. Oh well, now I'll probably be banned. It seems to be the trend nowadays.

--formally FPSCreators--

RastaMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 00:34
You mean, a pedophile could be drooling over my pic I posted. Disturbing...

Other than the picture, where would this pedophile thats checking out my sweet photo happen to find me, my address, or phone. Unless I made that info available elsewhere on the forum.

Not jumping into this war, I am on my own side... But seriouly, even school websites normally post a persons photo along with achievements as long as they have parnets permission. Now thats local! You have the schools address somewhere on that site and the photo. Scary!

But really, I think if its a serious issue for the user who wants to post, simply send it via email. We are not talking about some lewd, get funky shots here. Just 'people' shots.

However I do understand where your coming from about security and all that. But a simple photo, with no real backround info?

It's all in opinion at this point, unless someone can quote photo age use laws.

Also think about the image galleries out there on websites of users. But anyway, I think this idea is niffty and was glad to post mine.

Cheers!

http://www.rastaworld.com
- cave quid dicis, quando, et cui
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 02:17 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 08:30
Yes, again, anyone that wants to, you may send it to me by email

Skycubes, I understand your frustration in that last post, I know your a special edu teacher. You deserve to be able to be angry with that image. As does everyone else.

Quote: "I'm going to say it again. This is a VERY BAD IDEA! A picture is just another piece of the puzzle to a pedophile. If you don't think there are a significant number of minors using this forum, you are naive. If you don't think there is a high probability of at least one pedophile lurking around this forum, then you are again naive. And if you don't believe that posting a picture is a piece of information that would be extremely helpful to said pedophile, then you are not only naive but blind and simple to boot.
"

Hey, if your that scared, don't log on here, I can easily obtain your IP address, then hack your computer, and obtain ANY information you've stored on your computer. That means credit card numbers (this can be obtained by a tracking cookie), social security, passwords, etc. The ways are countless.

EDIT: WOW Jordan, I'm REALLY going to have to treat that pic for Red Eye!

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 08:29 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 16:16
OK, the images are done. Anyone else want to give me their picture? You can have the completed image. and a little bonus, you can also GIVE me an image, and I'll make an FPSC compatible sign (with picture frame) for you. But I'll have to be able to use it in my own games (unless your going to use it for a comercial game).
Mods, the same goes for you too, we want your pictures!

I jjust finished getting a picture of Lee Bamber and RickV.

@RickV,
Does the "V" stand for Vanguard or somthing? Just wondering, I'm putting the names under the picture, bbut currently I'm settling with your forum name, which is fine.

EDIT: whoa! Jordan, you didn't tell me about this photo!

I'm going to use this image of you! No, that would be cruel, I'm going to use both though.

Darn you FPSC Signs!! The progrma ruined itself when I tried to make that image of Jordan... it couldn't handle it me thinks.

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 19:40
Yea, it got too scarred.

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 19:54
Yeah well he's buying me a new program

Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 21:10
OK, I found a pitcture of Lee Bamber and RickV, i made those into signs and I must say, they look awesome! I couldn't however dig up any of Simon Benge or Mike Johnson.

Oh yes, If TGC don't want us to post pictures of ourselfs, then I would like to see them explain posting Rick's picture holding FPSC (boxed version)!

=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 20:08
Is it going ahead?

Your signature has been erased by a jealious mod.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 22:13
Oh yes, I was just hoping more people would submit their pictures (nice going Skycubes! ... ). Oh well, I guess I'll just make a little lobby type room and set the pictures up. Nothing fancy like I was originally planning. Oh yes, one more thing, this is going to be a multiplayer .exe, you iy could also be used as a 3D like chat thing... I can already hear Skycubes groaning

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 22:46
SunFlash... that is my reel pic... i sweer!

Harry... I downt no wat "dating" is bwut we can be fweends.

Hows this going along?
Chronosv2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 23:00
Did someone say picture?!

Here's mine.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 23:42:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 23:42:36