Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help needed for a complete noob

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys

I have ideas in my head about what i want to make, but i havent a clue how to go about it. To make this simple ill just write a list. Any suggestions would be appreciated but bear in mind im at a very basic lvl so simpler suggestions the better.

1, i want to make walls, floors, ceilings with my own textures( can i make a wall with diferent textures either side?) How?

2, how do i place a door so that when it opens it isnt blocked by a wall( if i dont place wall i get a big gap)

Thats the main problems i have although im sure i will have more at a later stage.

Thx in advance for not insulting my crapness, and hope you can use your intelect to guide me.

NAtAS
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
hey

1. yes use the segment editor you can find it on the media board or justsearch for it

2. thats odd make sure you remove the wall and door put the wall bakc then tplace the door is a slightly different location it shouldnt be a problem that happens everywhere

Thanks
Adam
Acolyte Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 03:54
at Natas:
Make sure that you are using segments as the doors. becuase if you use entites as doors there will be a wall.

-Smart Guy

Your signature has been erased by a moderator due to its size.
Natas
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx guys ill check it out
Natas
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

all sorted with regards to doors, i wasnt using a room segment just the grey wall, think that was why i had problems.

thing is now when creating a room i cant change floor tiles cuz it deletes walls, i guess i should create my own rooms in segment editor kit, but that crashes when i copy rooms into fps creator folder...any ideas?
Also how do i make textures (for walls, floors and wall decorations)? is there a specific format, size, any tutorial would be appreciated.
and finally(phew) is there a way to rotate the map? i want to place items at south wall but cant see what im doing.

Once again thx in advance

NAtAS
BIG computer geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 23:16
aww, you always butt in just before i am about to sort the problem , but no, you have to , ahh i cant be bothered

If you dont know 'big computer geek', you should'nt know what TGC stands for
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
it crashes becasue the file paths in the .fps for the mesh and texture are wrong open the file i nnotepad and make sure they are correct

Thanks
Adam
carlito
Years of Service
User Offline
hi, to make textures of you own you need to find any image you want to use and open it up in a graphics program like pro paint. the file format is .tga or .ddl. 99% of the time tga is fine.

now with the image in the art program just play with it until you have what you want, now the fun part. if you want very high quality images to show in you game be aware that the bigger the file size the slower the game play. the best resolution that gives good quality images and dose not affect the game play speed is this:

re-size you new image to 7.111 inchs by 7.111 inches with the resolution set at 100 ppi. now save you new image into the texturebank file for the segment editor and save it as a .tga file, thats it.

there are millions of free textures sites out there just put "free textures" into google and surf away.

if you need help about making you own models just give a shot.

oh and if you want to add a floor segment on its own just press the "F" key and you will just paint a floor segment this is also how you paint a ceiling segment, use the "R" key to rotate any segment.

You don't copy the newly created files from the segment editor into the fps file you need to save them directly into them, segment editor wont crash that way. once new segment is made just save as and locate the corect file.

hope that helps

good luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:25:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:25:03