Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Liveupdate plugin for DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2005 17:57
Hi, My liveupdate plugin is completed. It is a little bit complicated to use. I have included a sample program and a sample update. If anybody needs any further help using this then I urge you to post in this thread and I will answer your questions.

The plugin is free to use for whatever purpose you see fit, but it is released with absolutely no warranty whatsoever. I do not require a credit for any application that uses the plugin (Although it would be nice).

If anybody uses this a lot then feel free to donate at

http://logicstudios.net/donate.html

All donations will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !

Attachments

Login to view attachments
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2005 19:23
Looks helpful, why don't you sell the source code for $10 instead of asking for donations? Might bring in some more cash.

Whats with all the crazy images and copy of 'Teh Codez'?

Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2005 19:29
Oh thats just an example of how you would prepare an update for uploading. If you open the update.dat in notepad you will be able to see how it works.

Im not looking to sell this, anybody who wants to be able to use it can do, and if they use it a lot, they are always free to donate, but nobody is obligated to.

WE SHALL BECOME ALL POWERFUL! CRUSH THE LESSER RACES! CONQUER THE GALAXY! UNIMAGINABLE POWER! UNLIMITED RICE PUDDING ! ! ! ETC. ! ! ! ETC.! ! !
Darkbasic MADPSP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2005 16:54
Very nice using it now

Experienced DB http://www.greatgames3d.com (work in progress site)
dab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2005 00:56
So, this is a way to update your game if you have dbp??

Bush Baby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2005 01:16 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2005 01:17
This sounds neat, a live update feature is something I never thought to include! Thank thou!

Bush babies are funny little hermits disquised as rats.
Quote: "Bush Babez: Yep, he's mad. And I'm the reason. He must be jealous of my 14 byte save file. *crawls back into hole in ground*"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:30:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:30:08