Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / arena problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 04:58
I am able to connect to my host machine but once the game loads and im in the server the screen tells me "poisoned is waiting to join" .... ok so i guess my question is how the heck do I join??? sorry if this is a really noob question... but please help if you can.
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 23:05
You have to wait for the host to start the game. That might not be what you meant, but it's hard to tell from the way you described your question. Are you the host, or are you joining a game?

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!

smoked
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 23:56
i have 2 computers one at my office and one in my home bothe are connected to the internet. (no router involved). the office computer is the host(server) and my home computer is the client(joining). i am able to conect to the host but once i am in the server i get a message stating "...waiting to connect" and the "and who will you be" screen does not come up so users cant select a character.

side note: Yes, i allowed my office computer(host) to completely load, and selected a player, running around the map before i attempted to join.

hope i was a little bit more clear...sorry
Storm 6000
Years of Service
User Offline
make sure your firewall or other portective program is set to allow your fpsc game thats what stops it working because i had that problem also dot forget widnows firewall with windows service pack 2

Thanks
Adam
smoked
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 01:37
I am able ot connect to the server machine and load into the game (game level is rendering) and i can look around(not move though) in the bottom left hand corner it says "waiting to join" but i can't choose a character.

i do have 2 lifts in the level, I was reading some other posts and someone had the same problem due to transporters. i'll try removing the lifts and see if this is the issue... although is should work fine with the lifts... grr, let me know if you have any other ideas
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 02:19
I had 2 problems causing the Waiting to Join message.

1. Teleporters will prevent a player doing so on the joining machine. Lifts are OK.

2. If you get the Waiting to Join message - the person on that joining machine needs to exit back to the previous screen where you chose to join an active game and reselect the option and reconnect/reload the game level - that should clear the message.

If neither of these things work then either there is an offending object not allowed in MP games in there is another bug holding up the connection.

Some say Firewalls can cause the problem and it may be the case with some systems - that I have never been able to prove as neither Windows Firewall or Zone Alarm Pro which is what I use have ever proved to be preventative when those other 2 issues are corrected.

Of course your Firewall on the server machine whichever Firewall you use does have to be informed that your server machine (host)should be allowed and given permission to act as a server and likewise on the joining machine the game .exe should be cleared and given permission to receive data/connections from the host. That goes without saying.

Zone Alarm Pro which I use has an option to disable the Windows Firewall completely which I do and it does so effectivvely taking full control over everything that goes in and out of every port - given that you supply the various correct information.

Hope that helps though MP and that particular problem crops up a great deal - probably for various reasons as everyones system and setup is different.

MP does have bugs too so hopefully yours is not a permanent problem.

If you cant get a fix - try making another level or more than one - simple levels with the bare minimum content required to set up an MP game - that way you have little to interfere and test those out. If you can get one game to work it would help isolate your problem - you need some proof as to whats causing the error by narrowing down the options for error.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:33:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:33:51