Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Completely New

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I was surfing the internet for Game Makers, and this site pops up. Low and behold this is exactly the kind of thing I have been looking for. I just have a few questions.

1. How much customization is there? (For un-preset things)
2. Is it possible to implement a storyline?
3. Cutscenes possible?

As you can tell, I plan on making more than a shootout like Quake. Thanks for any help. Also...I am currently looking into the business field of game design (mainly 3D modeling and animation). How good is this program for helping me develop skills for such a business?

Why is Santa always so jolly? He knows where all the naughty girls live...
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 14:50
this program has nothing to do with modeling and animation. you will need another package for those.

all this does is lets you drag and drop existing models to make a game.

but you can import your own, its really easy.

dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 15:21
FPSC is kind of like a 1st generation program, the community has been banging on it hard to squeak neat things out of it. It is priced as such, and it is built for customizations. The script files for enemies and objects give you many opportunities for customizations.

Though it comes with many built in objects and enemies and scripts which can be drag and dropped in the editor, a commercial game would need a great storyline, some custom modelling, and good sounds too.
smoked
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 19:17
FPSC is great if you want to make single player games. I wouldn't use this program to create any multiplayer games for commercial use for a few reasons:

-supports ONLY 1 map per exe(biggest problem)
-supports ONLY deathmatch (no team deathmatch, capture the flag, lone wolf, ect.)
-supports 8 players
-low Frame rate topps out at about 35 fps
-no dedicated server

although i would not use this program for multiplayer commercial games, it is alot of fun; whats great is there is not a single line of code you have to touch if you don't want.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:27:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:27:36