Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Simple, fun game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My first game in DarkBASIC. No score system, none of that yet. Just drive the truck around and hit the animals.http://www.angelfire.com/games5/me0/cow.html
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2003 12:22
Ok,I love the animals!! Dont get me wrong, I know it's your first game but...driving around running them down? Whooaa!
Imagination!!! A bit of Gaussan blur followed by noise filter on the grass map would sort that out - in Photoshop - then use offset to make it seamless. I think theres a great game to come out of bouncing animals though - and NOT involving a truck!
Maybe you could make a game using terrain/matrix which
involves rearing/herding animals!!! You could have all the
different farm buildings for milking and feeding ...might sound wierd but a good designer could make a good game out of it. FARM simulator!!! Running down the
animals within this game structure would then make it VERY amusing!! Like disciplining/slapping your beasts in Black&White. All anybody wants to make at the moment is boring RPGs(using a fifty year old world invented by Tolkien)/FPSs(yawn)/Zelda!/MArio...EVERYONE - Do something different!!!!!

Dual athlon 2000 MP - 1GB ram -
Nvidia Quadro4 550 64mb
Yamaha SW1000XG - Win2k sp2
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2003 14:47
yeah that could make for a good original game. A farm simulator where you had to manage the farm, but also get your hands dirty with stuff like driving your combine harvester, shooting vermin, watching countryfile, posing for charity calenders, and whatever else the farmer of today does.

What would really rock would be a game where you had jayce`s car from jayce and the wheeled warriors (the name escapes me), with the big gold claw arm on top- you could pick up the cows and chuck them. Outstanding!

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2003 15:07
i would say dont turn it into anything and keep it simple

Darken the skies, we are god
AGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 13:13
You got a good game but you gota get that scor system in

Is there any point in doing anything as our life is meaningless anyway
Redmotion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 16:30
Agamer: Sorry if going around aimlessly running down bouncing animals is your idea of a good game then man...you'll be one of those people causing the death of the games industry by buying any branded tat that gets released like FIFA 2020 Winter Edition, Project IGI 12 3/4 and Delta Force 29 ...

Dual athlon 2000 MP - 1GB ram -
Nvidia Quadro4 550 64mb
Yamaha SW1000XG - Win2k sp2
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 18:43
Could you please include cats to be rum over as a few years ago a destroyed my XJ12 trying to avoid a cat. I went thro a brick wall across a garden and into a green house. A bloody cat fell out of a tree that was over hanging the road and on to my bonnet. As you can imagine revenge would be great.

Dark Basic Pro drove me to drink, I really should E-mail them to say thanks.
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
It should be obvious that I'm not trying to make a game that's commercially marketable at any level. That's not the point. I just thought it would be a cool idea. And it ought to be fun for a few minutes at the least. Mainly just a programming experiment. I'm posting the source on the site, if anybody wants it. I don't care what you do with it. Nick, it ought to be pretty easy to replace one of the animal models with a cat model. Although, it somehow seems meaner to hit cats than farm animals. Maybe because farm animals are doomed to death anyway....

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 15:45
@NickIgoe dont bloody blame the cat. u were driving!

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 15:56
Vegephilles be damned, more blood!

Veggies are only persecuting plants by sparring the animals anyway.

I want bigger animals! Blood! Windscreen blood smears! and Splattering sounds!

Pneumatic Dryll, Outrageous epic cleric of EQ/Xev
God made the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 17:11
Project IGI 12 3/4 - sounds very interesting....

Looks very good, especially for you first try!

Herding Animals - that could be quite a good game idea - a very niche market, though.

Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url]
You are the th person to view this signature.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 17:17
how about making 'Arrow' or 'Raven' to run over. kinda like a celebrity thingy (spelllllingggg....)

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
MattIsFun
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course, the source is near unreadable.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 20:25:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 20:25:01