Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Tropical Pack for FPSC by Arteria

Author
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 11:28
Hi,

I just wanted to do some research before porting my Tropical Theme Pack over to FPSC. Are their people here, who would possibly be interested in it.

The existing Tropical theme pack we do can be found at this link:

http://arteria-gaming.com/tropical.html

Thanks

Steve
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 11:30
Absolutely!!
Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 11:42
Definitely!!!!
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 12:16
Very cool, love to see it released, but if you charge 22 and 29 pounds like you currently do with the packs, it will ne a bit to much for me to be able to justify the spending.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 13:15
Hi,

Compare what you get in the pack

it is amazing value for money.

In the pack there are a full collection of tropical based music tracks, which alone, if i was selling to a company in my day job(i am a pro musician) i would charge more than £1000!!!!

Also.. the full assortment of trees, foilage etc and skycubes.

Ther is NO WHERE on the net you can get a package for this price. i really fail to see how the price is not justified.

STeve
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 13:47
I agree, the price is totally justified. If things were always free, we would be using the same stuff over and over. Charging a small sum lets a good modeller keep doing what they do best, and there's nothing wrong with it.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 14:46
I'm not asking it to be free at all and I'm willing to pay for stuff. I've bought the FPSC Model Pack 1 and found that price very reasonable, since there are a number of animated models in it too.

This pack lacks any animated people (which are much harder to model then trees and other models), I'm just comparing the two and wouldn't pay for this, while I gladly pay for the FPSC Model Pack.

That's just my opinion.

Also anyone who sells stuff here does need to take one thing in account. This is the FPSC Forum, we didn't pay $100 or more for FPSC. If you really want to sell stuff around here you need to know the audience. A lot of people didn't even buy the FPSC Model Pack.... since it's to much for them. Most around here can't spent lots of $$$ on add ons, simply because we don't have it.

You can charge anything you like, that's your own good right, but it will help if you know your potential customers.... around here most people just don't pay big money for add ons.

You may get 10 people around here buying it at 29 pounds (=44 euros, that's more then we payed for FPSC!!!), but I do doubt you will. That will be 290 pounds income for you. Charge 15 pounds and I'm pretty sure you'll easily get over 25 people to buy it and your revenue will be at least 375..... choice is yours, it's all simple economics.

Also one last remark has to be made.... this stuff is awesome, but you need to know that FPSC isn't that good at outdoor scenes at the moment.

FPSC is way to cool, you can create even more then a fps with it!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 15:41
Well, considering that a few thousand people already bought FPSC (and I'm sure, therefore, that the majority of them do not post here much) he should have no problem selling the pack at that price...enough to justify porting it over.

So people are much harder to model than "trees and other models"? Does your experience in modeling (and more importantly GOOD texturing) tell you this?

I do agree with looking at your target audience as far as pricing this, however...since he has already released it to other communities (I imagine at the same or close to price), it would probably not make them too happy to see it reduced in price for this crowd.

Just like anything else, you have the option to not buy it; of course the people that do will have the opportunity to make their game stand out more. You are also right about the current limitation on terrain, but I don't see that holding people up forever.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 16:04
Quote: "Ther is NO WHERE on the net you can get a package for this price. i really fail to see how the price is not justified."

I wouldn't want to pay that much either, but it's a really nice pack!
YOu have to understand that the majority of people here have emptied their pockets on all of the other model packs everywhere.

For example, look at www.accode.com to see some really cheep model packs. This site will have my business before yours does

I would REALLY like to see your fantasy pack sold here though. It would just need to a couple more models.

When FPSC gets good enough, lets make a Redwall game!
Stickwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 16:29 Edited at: 30th Nov 2005 16:49
I've been waiting a long time for the Sci-Fi Pack and the Fantasy Pack, and now the new Tropical Theme Pack to be ported over for use in FPSC. I would definitely pay the price for them - they are magnificent!

Are you still on for a December release? If so which pack(s)?

P.s. Maybe you could break the packs up into half packs - at half price? That should please those who can't afford to pay full price, they could at least buy some of the things they want... Just a thought.

"You're from Wisconsin... artificial light is fascinating to you."
-Bill McNeal, News Radio
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:01 Edited at: 30th Nov 2005 17:05
very well done...

it would be cool to have the sand segment and stuff too, but that probbably wont happen...plus i can make my own

i will buy it!

[edit]

i would buy the sci-fi one too if you converted it. i just dont have time to do that right now.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:04
Breaking up the pack to accomodate lower prices does seem to be the happy medium for this crowd. Don't forget the work that is going into making these models ready to go into FPSC. I see people here all the time that talk about cheaper models/packs elsewhere, but fail to realize that those models/packs are not 'game-ready' as far as FPSC users are concerned (I don't know about monster's pack, but as I said before: personally I wouldn't buy anything from him because of the dog incident...that is my choice, I don't want anyone coming on the forums after I make a great game saying that I can't use the model because it wasn't Monster's to give away/sell).

We'll see what happens. But again, this represents a small fraction of the total purchases of FPSC on these forums.

-Keith

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 17:29
Thankyou for all the words here... im currently porting the tropical tree pack right, now, which will animate also, like it does in the other engines... so stay tuned for a quick realease on this. I just need to alter the textures so they are one texture skin, becasue fpsc doesnt allow multiple textures per model. Once that is done, the pack is ready to roll.

Thanks guys

Steve
Krazykris
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Stevie,

This is going to be excellent! I can't wait for the release of this pack.

If you can get it to animate and look as nice in FPSC as it does in the videos you have on your site, then this is Great!!!

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 19:02
Looks like you're using the AdamPack there, Stevie. Good looking stuff, although the bush looks more like it's moving back and forth as a whole in the videos (just some constructive crit.); but overall good job and well worth the money.

Did you use Terregen or Vue for the Skyboxes?

-Keith

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 19:12
Another guy does the sky cubes. Im not sure what he uses for them.

CAn someone please help here...

My trees have an animation line, that runs 1-100.

How do i modify one of the scripts to get the tree into fpsc and to trigger its animation?

Once ive sorted that.. the model pack is sellable!

Thanks

Steve
=ChrisB=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 19:23
Hmm.... looks cool!

Your signature has been erased by a jealious mod.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 20:48
give 1it a normal fpe...

and then have the script be something like:

setframe=1(or the frame of animation 1-100 is on)
incframe=number of frames.

im busy right now, if you still need help, i will write a full script when i get off work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:27:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:27:28