Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / More questions: Vehicles? and secondary fire?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2005 08:58
I've been playing quake 4 recently and i passed the bits where you get to drive vehicles in first-person and thought,
"could i impliment this into and FPSC game?"

1)If you weapon was part of the vehicle, e.g. the tank barrel and your enemies were other vehicles (or maybe even other people below), could this work?

2)I've also played several games that include weapons with alternate attack, e.g. mouse1=fire bolts, mouse2=fire grenade. Is this possible in FPSC (script?)

3) Lastly, i've started building several weapons in anim8or. One of them has a cool firing animation that involves parts of the gun spinning. Anim8or exports models as an8, lwo, 3ds, obj and c. I know that FPSC only works with X files. But i have milkshape and that can import 3ds and export X files. But what about animations, will i loose in the process?

RSVP
AE
Evil stick
Years of Service
User Offline
1 'n' 2: NO, PERIOD. But you can put it in through downloading the engine source code and chnging it. Ask CellBlok for how to do it.

3: No idea...

FORUM n00b THREAT LEVEL: ORANGE
Some thread revival/spam-Some bad grammar used, stupid questions or answers-No direct flaming
transient
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2005 23:59
3. If you're going to import weapons into FPSC I'd suggest getting Fragmotion as it imports/exports animated models.

I don't think there are any other freeware or shareware progrmams that can do both at this point in time.

Animation in FPSC is bones based so I don't think 3ds models will transfer well.

You're probably better off using the skeleton and animations of one of the guns that came with FPSC to begin with.

instinct is more valuable than intelligence.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 21:22:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 21:22:59