Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Test My Retro Game...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 15:56
Can you test my retro game (a puzzle bobble clone) and tell me any problems with it, and some advice on what I could do too maybe. Its only half way through development so there isnt really much of a structure to it, just one level and not all of the features (the top wall moving down for example) and if the balls get below a certain point they get positioned in the middle, I can fix that some time, just tell me things like balls not getting position right or the game freezing.

http://http://members.lycos.co.uk/dbasic/bubblebobble.zip

Just go to my website and go to the puzzle bobble page if the link doesnt work
Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 20:00
Would love to test it but you cannot link to files hosted on lycos Tripod sites - they don't let you (try the link and see). I went to your site and tried from there but got the same error.

Cheers,

Rich`

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 20:54
cool, the game was pushing 39fps i think (didn't really check) the ball movments and stuff where fine, on some occasions though the balls merged with other ones, something to do with your collision detection i guess, apart from that it's great keep up the good work!

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 21:00
If you go onto the puzzle bobble page on my site then the link will be right at the bottom of the page, It works for me.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 21:04
By the way, Ive updated the download now, the ball travels faster and the grid of balls moves down ever 10th ball. The the sync rate is 40. I had it on 60 but with too many balls it slowed right down. I think Ive fixed the merging now (was it when you shot a ball to the edge and it stayed in line with the ball above?), tell me if not.

p.s. The menu is only temporary, as it is crap.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2003 21:19
updated it again, when three balls are the same colour but the last ball hit the back wall and popped into place, those balls are deleted too now, and there is a better ball setup (sorry about that boring one, but I was just testing it out) and the counter (it counts the number of moves until the grid needs to vibrate) is now incrimented when the ball hits the back wall.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 13:59
Yeah, its wierd how they dont let you ownload files from outside the actual site, but the links for pics work.

Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:15:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:15:31